Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Galentines. Ffs this sort of word turd needs to stop.

Or how about
    - manentines
    - transentines
    - ... I've run out
    Oh wait...
    - handentines

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,181 ✭✭✭Be right back

I was over charged by 20 euro in Lidl today and I only just realised it. It was chaotic in there as well. I also saw on FB this morning about a woman being over charged in Lidl in Carlow and her daughter went on the page to tell people to watch out. I should have looked at the receipt in the car. Have to go all the way back there before it closes and I just got into my pjs. Bollox

It happened to me in Lidl a while back. I bought a pack of 3 donuts but was charged for 33. Said it to the assistant, who charged me for three but didn't deduct the wrong amount! Took him a little while to get it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,589 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

****ing Scotland.

What happened?

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

What happened?

Rugby I would guess. They lost to Wales. Maybe Emmett is Scottish

• Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭SineadSpears

The phone lowering my song at a really good part & telling me 'listening to music at high volume for prolonged amounts of time can damage your ears'.
    I'm not stupid, I know that. Now Fcuk off away & don't be interrupting my song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Got the refund but in cash as the girl couldn't find any nectarines to scan. 15 minutes nearly like a fool waiting and then I apologised? I'm some fool.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Got the refund but in cash as the girl couldn't find any nectarines to scan. 15 minutes nearly like a fool waiting and then I apologised? I'm some fool.

Ah that's good, I was wondering if it was a misscan or if they were purposely putting through an extra on the card (which I would have been surprised at, but can happen) :)

Ah that's good, I was wondering if it was a misscan or if they were purposely putting through an extra on the card (which I would have been surprised at, but can happen) :)

They did ask me had I bought nectarines and I said no. Not sure what happened. The girl who originally served me was chatting away but doubt she was doing a dodge. Just a random mistake but strange the woman in Carlow had the same issue? Sorted now anyway and back in pjs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,118 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Lost my house keys in the park earlier >:-(

PM me your address and then send me a spare set of keys :) .Then if it happens again, or you're away on holidays, I can go over an open up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Sorted now anyway and back in pjs :)

Back in pjs? Where I live, you wouldn’t have to leave them in the first place to go to Lidl.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

They did ask me had I bought nectarines and I said no. Not sure what happened. The girl who originally served me was chatting away but doubt she was doing a dodge. Just a random mistake but strange the woman in Carlow had the same issue? Sorted now anyway and back in pjs :)

The barcode might be set up wrong on the database....so maybe a punnet of plums was allocated the nectarine description and price. I don't know :)

Back in pjs? Where I live, you wouldn’t have to leave them in the first place to go to Lidl.

That is about the only remaining shred of dignity I have left, to actually put on clothes going out. I'm on the northside so see women in their pjs all the time in shops, chemists etc.

Reading the post about nectarines, I had one from my new punnet of peaches. Cold, tasteless . I know it's been chilled , and it ripens at home but a massive disappointment. Its hit and miss with fruit at this time of year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

The phone lowering my song at a really good part & telling me 'listening to music at high volume for prolonged amounts of time can damage your ears'.

So much this! I scowl at my phone every time it happens and purposely lash the volume up till my ears almost bleed out of spite.. that'll learn the automated feature to care about my goddamn ears :pac:

In a similar vein and I've said it on here before but it's annoying enough to mention again, Netflix asking - are you still watching The Office? **** off! If I haven't switched it off then yes I'm still watching it and even if I'm cooking whilst watching it, it's none of your bloody concern Mr. Netflix. It's a feature I just don't understand! Why does it matter if you're still watching or not? I can never find the remote when it happens and it's always at the punchline of a joke or a really tense scene when it asks me this. Gaahhhhh... mght cancel my subscription over it citing high blood pressure as the reason :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

MMM ? Some beuer recently tried to take Dunnes Stores for circa 30K because a glass jug exploded when boiling water was poured into it .

Despite a warning on the jug ...DO NOT POUR IN BOILING WATER !

So ..less of the fcuck offs ...

MMM ? Some beuer recently tried to take Dunnes Stores for circa 30K because a glass jug exploded when boiling water was poured into it .

Despite a warning on the jug ...DO NOT POUR IN BOILING WATER !

So ..less of the fcuck offs ...

I appreciate my phone thinking of my health but I just want my songs undisturbed. I promise I won't sue anybody. I take full responsibility for my possible loss of hearing:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,903 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

And also getting a notification for something that interrupts a song. I spend most my time listening to metal, my phone should know by now I'm going to listen to it as loud as possible

PsychoPete wrote: »
    And also getting a notification for something that interrupts a song. I spend most my time listening to metal, my phone should know by now I'm going to listen to it as loud as possible

I discovered a Lamb of God song Memento Mori only yesterday :eek:. The only way I could listen to that stuff is with headphones. The neighbours would have me committed if I played that at home :pac:

That someone thought it was a good idea to make Jaws,the revenge.
    Chief Brody's widow thinks a shark is DELIBERATELY targeting her family in search of revenge. Wtf ???

I discovered a Lamb of God song Memento Mori only yesterday :eek:. The only way I could listen to that stuff is with headphones. The neighbours would have me committed if I played that at home :pac:

When I'm in the garage I play music very loud, I don't have close neighbours. As Lemmy sang "Only way to feel the noise is when it's good and loud"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at the state of those 'Jerusalema Challenge' videos.

That's plenty lads. Absolutely hoachin' of cringe.

Another one about music. I listen to relaxing ambient sounds on YouTube, they'd be long videos and you'd just be chilled when some ad would blare out about fixing your abs or some sh*t. Scare the bejesus out of you.

Another one about music. I listen to relaxing ambient sounds on YouTube, they'd be long videos and you'd just be chilled when some ad would blare out about fixing your abs or some sh*t. Scare the bejesus out of you.

"Audible"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭lucalux

OK so I know I'm not normal for doing this at 2am, but...

I went out and walked less than a quarter mile of road in front of the house just now, because I noticed some rubbish blowing around in the winds of the past few days. Wondered maybe was it mine, had the bins blown open or had I left something lying around. Wanted to make sure.

I put on gloves, brought a bin bag and collected...

...20 kg of rubbish from that tinyy little patch of roadside.

None of it mine, mostly cans of coke, bottles of coke/fizzy drinks, bottles of water, cigarette butts, chocolate bars, cans of cider/beer, silage wrapping, and crisp packets.
    I'm going to make it my business to walk the roads the next few weeks and pick up all the rest of the crap that people feel fit to chuck out the car windows.
    Still TA'd though :(

lucalux wrote: »
    OK so I know I'm not normal for doing this at 2am, but...

I went out and walked less than a quarter mile of road in front of the house just now, because I noticed some rubbish blowing around in the winds of the past few days. Wondered maybe was it mine, had the bins blown open or had I left something lying around. Wanted to make sure.

I put on gloves, brought a bin bag and collected...

...20 kg of rubbish from that tinyy little patch of roadside.

None of it mine, mostly cans of coke, bottles of coke/fizzy drinks, bottles of water, cigarette butts, chocolate bars, cans of cider/beer, silage wrapping, and crisp packets.
    I'm going to make it my business to walk the roads the next few weeks and pick up all the rest of the crap that people feel fit to chuck out the car windows.
    Still TA'd though :(

There is a woman living about 2 miles from me and once a week she walks about 4 miles of the countryside just picking up rubbish

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭tomglsn

People at work saying “Pacific” instead of specific. Also people saying “sicth” instead of sixth.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,358 ✭✭✭✭blade1

tomglsn wrote: »
    Also people saying “sicth” instead of sixth.

Yeah wondered about that from time to time.

Seems all UK news readers use sicth.

tomglsn wrote: »
    People at work saying “Pacific” instead of specific. Also people saying “sicth” instead of sixth.

Don't get me started on those that say "GORE-THEE" when talking about the Gardai.

Another thing that bugs me is people who go to McDonalds, look at the menu, and then ask "CAN I GET A PLAIN BURGER DER. AND A FEW CHIPS"
    Wouldn't put it past them to ask for a bottle of Club Orange while they're at it.
    You're in a McDonald's, not the fckin Capri Grill. Order a Big Mac meal ya rocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

TA at the state of those 'Jerusalema Challenge' videos.

That's plenty lads. Absolutely hoachin' of cringe.

It's been old news for over a fortnight now and still gob****es doing new ones. Stomping around with all the finesse of a farmer crossing a bog in wellies.

• Advertisement

It's been old news for over a fortnight now and still gob****es doing new ones. Stomping around with all the finesse of a farmer crossing a bog in wellies.

Just about spat my tea out there :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement