Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,901 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Went out to feed the cats, they have a bowl each. I filled both bowls but the cats decide to nudge each other out of the way to try eat from the same bowl. When that bowl is empty they move onto the next one. Idiots!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,568 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I know somebody who's afraid of needles, injections, etc but they have piercings and tattoos.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Lost my house keys in the park earlier >:-(

Just found these in the running gilet I last wore on Friday. Never even had them in the park :/

Today's TA: Early-onset Alzheimers

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Some scammer from Tunisia trying to ring me. Fck off on a Sunday.

Those ****ers woke me up at 9am on Saturday morning after I'd been awake half the night on Friday. I'd have torn his throat out with my bare hands if he'd somehow apparated before me.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

I know somebody who's afraid of needles, injections, etc but they have piercings and tattoos.

It's funny the people who had no probs dropping e tabs obtained from shady sources back in the day are anti vaccers now. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,162 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Opened the back door just now to put bin out for collection and a very large frog jumped straight into the porch.

I'm used to them jumping around me in the garden but this one took me by surprise. Not good for my heart. At least I didn't scream.

S/he was evicted immediately. Breathing back to normal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,662 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The word “staycation” is a plague on the English language.

It’s a holiday. In Ireland.

It annoys me a lot more than it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,105 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Watching a bbc report on The Yemen, and how snipers are targeting children. Ta is the father of a girl who was shot in the head but survived. " she's very scared. When I ask her to go to the shop she get frightened and doesn't want to ". Ya think ? Get up of your fockin ass and go yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

wildwillow wrote: »
    Opened the back door just now to put bin out for collection and a very large frog jumped straight into the porch.

I'm used to them jumping around me in the garden but this one took me by surprise. Not good for my heart. At least I didn't scream.

S/he was evicted immediately. Breathing back to normal.

Oh god that must have been a shock. They can be so still and then just pounce. I remember coming across one when I was driving a while ago, just sitting in the middle of this little country road. I got out to shoo it away but it was doing that "I'm a rock, I'm not moving at all so you don't see me" thing. So I got a twig and sort of gently tapped it on the bum to get it to move. The feckin thing leaped about five feet in the air, I nearly died :D

TA trying to order cat food online for my discerning, fussy cat who just regularly stops eating. Everything has dandelion, coriander or parsley in it. They're cats, I don't get it... I know what she'd do if I gave her shrimp and dandelion :D There's actually a cat "dinner tray" with rice and veg. If I want to get her a Chinese I know where the takeaway is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Around 75% of dog owners would wreck your head with the disregard for other people. I say this as a dog owner myself.

The worst one is when someone has their dog off of their lead, and the dog approaches someone else to sniff, lick, jump, paw - whatever, but the person either doesn't like dogs or is scared or both - maybe a phobia, and the owner says something along the lines of "ah he's only playing with ya, he's harmless"

I don't give a sh1te if your dog is harmless - he may well be, you're missing the point, your dog doesn't get a free pass to get into someone else's face just because its a dog. My reaction would be to smile at the dog because I personally love dogs, but someone else could have an entirely different reaction, maybe it triggers a horrible memory - god knows. Always call your dog back to you if you have it off its lead, and maybe keep it on its lead if there are other people around.

I share your TA.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

and the owner says something along the lines of "ah he's only playing with ya, he's harmless"

This really annoys me too!!!

I'd love to reply back "well I'm not" and give the dog a massive boot....... obviously I wouldn't , but it might put manners on the owner, but it's not the dogs fault it's owner is a twat!!!

I genuinely don't understand how dog owners think approaching unknown children is a good idea. Especially if it's abundantly clear the dogs unwanted presence is causing distress.

Apostrophes in plural words. Just stop it. There is no such thing as a group of car's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

plastic bottle just loudly popped and frightened the shiite outta me.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Ta'ed that today I feel like the only one in the universe who doesn't like pancakes/crepes.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

Bredabe wrote: »
    Ta'ed that today I feel like the only one in the universe who doesn't like pancakes/crepes.

They are horrible things

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Girl in the office with me constantly munching on crackers, so sick of listening to her crunch through the day

• Registered Users Posts: 4,247 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Seeing Pancake TUESday referred to as Pancake Day grinds my gears way more than it should.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Had to phone Revenue about something earlier. At the beginning the system told me I'd be on hold for about 10 minutes. Fair enough. Gave me a countdown ever few minutes. Fair enough.

10 minutes pass, and I suddenly hear the tone of a phone ringing and... it goes straight into voicemail!

A queue. For 10 minutes. For voicemail. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,918 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Took the flour down to make pancakes....those lil weevil thingies got to it first....will now need to clean out the press etc and buy more flour.

Pancake Wednesday it will be!

I've normally very low tolerance for anything to do with celeb following, "news" etc. This whole media outcry about Meghan Markle somehow stealing Princess Eugenie's thunder by announcing her pregnancy when she did, is just beyond TA. Seriously who gives a **** when you farted out your kid or when you announced that you are due to fart one out. Millions of women across the world are doing the same thing, and just getting on with it. Then there's the morons posting irate things about it on Facebook. Personally I think it's nice to hear she's expecting, especially since she recently spoke about baby loss. I don't get why people are so mean about it.

Apparently "sources have confirmed she is not happy about the announcement" - what a thing to focus on instead of being happy your baby has arrived safe and healthy. God, you're old enough to have kids then you really should grow the hell up.

• Advertisement

Literally cannot find two pancake recipes the same. One says 300ml milk and 100g flour, so a 3:1 ratio. Next one says 1 cup of milk and 1 cup of flour, a 1:1 ratio. Another one, 250g of flour, 400ml of milk.

FFS.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares, 1 cup of flower doesn't weigh as much as a cup of milk... but cups "measurements" do my head in, all right.

New Home wrote: »
    Antares, 1 cup of flower doesn't weigh as much as a cup of milk... but cups "measurements" do my head in, all right.

Thanks :) It's such an Americanism. I've abandoned the pancake batter and left OH and I fix it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,949 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Good recipe and doesn't need to sit. Same one used tonight, lovely and light.

I tripled the mix and got 13 thin pancakes using 28cm pans.

https://www.deliaonline.com/recipes/main-ingredient/eggs-recipes/basic-pancakes

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Dogsh1t. Dogsh1t everywhere.

Spotted a bright yellow plastic bag placed neatly on a wall with a turd sized and shaped object inside.

Did they think that the Dogsh1t Fairy, dressed in brown and wearing a little sh1t emoji hat was gonna magically come along and take it away?

Spotted a bright yellow plastic bag placed neatly on a wall with a turd sized and shaped object inside.

Did they think that the Dogsh1t Fairy, dressed in brown and wearing a little sh1t emoji hat was gonna magically come along and take it away?

Like someone decided that they wanted to make dog **** pollution even worse so they thought I know, I'll put it in a bag that will take two centuries to biodegrade.

I have another TA that's similar to one I wrote a couple of weeks ago.

I wrote up on another forum site, explaining an issue I had with my computer, asking how to fix it, and one of the replies was "works fine for me".

Thanks for contributing to the thread, ya díck!

Annoying scratchy tags on your under garments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,609 ✭✭✭stoneill

90% successful.
    The went to the shops, they bought the bags, the took the bags with them on the walk, they picked up the poo, they fecked the bag into a bush.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

I never liked Pancake Tuesday as it always reminds me of a traumatic memory from my childhood. Anyway Tuesdays are the worst day of the week. I always get hammered in work on Tuesday compared to any other day of the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement