Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

Nokotan wrote: »
    When people say something is 'The GOAT'.

Is that what Gyles Brandreth mentioned on Googlebox? I couldn't figure out the word on account of what I heard making no sense at all :pac:

It is what it's.

Brand new or newly-resurfaced roads not having the joints sealed. Two years later they've split and potholed when all it would've taken is one guy spending an hour pouring stuff along the seams.

It is what it's.

stoneill wrote: »
    90% successful.
    The went to the shops, they bought the bags, the took the bags with them on the walk, they picked up the poo, they fecked the bag into a bush.

****bombs. Worst thing is, they'd have been better leaving the turd aloneand letting nature eventually wash it away than having the bacteria fester in the moist environment of the bag :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

Non-compostable dogsh!t bags.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,296 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

stoneill wrote: »
    90% successful.
    The went to the shops, they bought the bags, the took the bags with them on the walk, they picked up the poo, they fecked the bag into a bush.

Any walk I do I'm guaranteed to find dog logs of all shapes, sizes and breeds. It's like an obstacle course.
    This moron went to the effort of bagging it, but leaving it after them.

• Advertisement

Forgetting to buy milk in the shop doh!

Forgetting to buy milk in the shop doh!

Ha, too many times - and when it's the only thing I went in for :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

People using the Irish placename when referring to a place in the Gaeltacht but conversing in English.

It's as weird as speaking English yet referring to "Deutschland" instead of "Germany".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

I never liked Pancake Tuesday as it always reminds me of a traumatic memory from my childhood. Anyway Tuesdays are the worst day of the week. I always get hammered in work on Tuesday compared to any other day of the week.
    Passes the day :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,384 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Any walk I do I'm guaranteed to find dog logs of all shapes, sizes and breeds. It's like an obstacle course.
    This moron went to the effort of bagging it, but leaving it after them.

I reckon half the time the dog owner would pick up the s hit if they realised it happened but their heads are too buried in their phones to even notice.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,765 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I reckon half the time the dog owner would pick up the s hit if they realised it happened but their heads are too buried in their phones to even notice.

Think you’re giving them a lot of credit there, P. It’s like the ones who leave the bag on a wall or tie it to a tree saying they’ll pick up on the way back.

It’s getting to the stage where people shouldn’t be able to own dogs, unless it’s a seeing eye dog or other necessary functions. It’s not only the fouling, it’s the way dogs are treated as fashion “accessories” by thugs and abandoned by awful owners.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

It’s getting to the stage where people shouldn’t be able to own dogs, unless it’s a seeing eye dog or other necessary functions. It’s not only the fouling, it’s the way dogs are treated as fashion “accessories” by thugs and abandoned by awful owners.

I think that's a little unfair. I'd be the first to agree with you regarding dogs as status symbols etc and it drives me mad that people still buy dogs and potentially support puppy farms because they want a cavopoo or labradoodle or whatever feckin hybrid is in fashion, but many of us are good owners who have rescues who mean the world to us. I'd go without to provide for my dog, notwithstanding she'd make a terrible guide dog :D In fact, the only reason I have her is because she was dumped by someone else.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I think that's a little unfair. I'd be the first to agree with you regarding dogs as status symbols etc and it drives me mad that people still buy dogs and potentially support puppy farms because they want a cavopoo or labradoodle or whatever feckin hybrid is in fashion, but many of us are good owners who have rescues who mean the world to us. I'd go without to provide for my dog, notwithstanding she'd make a terrible guide dog :D In fact, the only reason I have her is because she was dumped by someone else.

I’m a dog owner myself, I just think we’re in the minority now when it comes to treating a dog well.

Animal cruelty needs to be address in much stricter terms but seeing as it’s not, and probably won’t be, the banning of private pet ownership should be looked at.

Obviously, that wouldn’t have any bearing on current ownership.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

I’m a dog owner myself, I just think we’re in the minority now when it comes to treating a dog well.

Animal cruelty needs to be address in much stricter terms but seeing as it’s not, and probably won’t be, the banning of private pet ownership should be looked at.

Obviously, that wouldn’t have any bearing on current ownership.
    I agree enforcement is an absolute joke. The threshold for cruelty too is way too high. Where I live, there are at least five dogs that I know of who are kept chained outdoors for the majority of their lives. The problem is under your proposed model they would technically have a "function" as working dogs. In addition, they don't meet the cruelty threshold once they have food, water and shelter. It would be a bizzare (although typically Irish) setup where the farmer across the road could continue to condemn his dogs to a life of lonely misery and our children, into whom we are instilling a respect for animals, would be deprived the opportunity to have companion animals when they're old enough.

The same could be said of some horse owners. If you don't have a place to keep one, you shouldn't have one.

Antares35 wrote: »
    I agree enforcement is an absolute joke. The threshold for cruelty too is way too high. Where I live, there are at least five dogs that I know of who are kept chained outdoors for the majority of their lives. The problem is under your proposed model they would technically have a "function" as working dogs. In addition, they don't meet the cruelty threshold once they have food, water and shelter. It would be a bizzare (although typically Irish) setup where the farmer across the road could continue to condemn his dogs to a life of lonely misery and our children, into whom we are instilling a respect for animals, would be deprived the opportunity to have companion animals when they're old enough.

In hindsight, I probably should have posted in the ‘Unpopular Opinions’ thread in “Current Affairs”.

The same could be said of some horse owners. If you don't have a place to keep one, you shouldn't have one.

And the M50 doesn't count :D

tA I thought my laptop was plugged in but the plug wasn't quite in right, and it just died midway through my work :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that my tablet, a Galaxy A6 is starting to show its age after having it for about 5 years. It will not charge past 87%, and when it does, the time it shows between then and a full charge increases for some reason. Right now it's telling me that from 87% it'll take about 7hours to get to 100%. And it's starting to run really slow.

The only thing it's really good for nowadays is using it for some websites (provided it's an article, or heavily text-based) and YouTube. If I even try to use a proper app on it, like a game, or Photoshop, etc., forget about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

When my Fitbit won't sync with my phone. What's the point of all this walking & running I'm doing if ALL my devices aren't aware of it???

• Registered Users Posts: 3,852 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Happy that an item posted from Belgium on 25 November finally arrived today.

Annoyed that the seller doesn't understand the fundamentals about packing CDs - always put a square of bubblewrap on top of the "teeth" to prevent them from smashing in transit. All three CD trays needed to be replaced. Lucky I have plenty spares.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The hidden curriculum that I'm supposed to know but never heard of.

Because of this, I'm now doing 3 things at a time with no support and ppl blaming me for not knowing what I didn't know

Condensed TA, being treated like a pleb in education(again/still)

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at Amazon. Ordered a computer desk yesterday, wasn't given a delivery date or anything despite it allowing me to order using my Prime membership and all. Contacted them minutes after I made the order, and they told me "We should be dispatching the item shortly, as it is definitely in stock"

Contacted them again today, and they said "The item is not coming up on our database, which means I'll have to escalate it to the internal team to look into it".

As an experiment I decided to go into where I could buy that desk again, and changed my location to a bogus British address. Straight away it came up with the delivery date and everything. When I changed it back to my Irish address, it gave me no delivery date, and still allows me to buy it, which is leading me to believe that Amazon probably shouldn't be allowing me to buy this, and it should be in the "can't deliver to your location" category, along with about 60% of everything else on that website.

They had the cheek to charge me import tax and everything for this, on top of the fact my Prime membership is not being fulfilled. I ordered 4 other items today and they all dispatched, expecting a few of them as early as Saturday.

This thing is acting as if I pre-ordered it.

Ugh!!!!!!! Sometimes I hate being an online-customer living in Ireland! Nobody wants to deliver to us.

My TA is a weird one. The most beautiful women thread has been moved to the Gentlemans Lounge.

I wonder will the most beautiful man thread be moved to the Ladies lounge?

Weird.

*scratches head*

• Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Bin night.

I don’t want to go outside, in the wet and the cold and the dark. I just want to sit down.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,178 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

My TA is a weird one. The most beautiful women thread has been moved to the Gentlemans Lounge.

I wonder will the most beautiful man thread be moved to the Ladies lounge?

Weird.

*scratches head*

What if you're LGBT?

*scratches head too*

To thine own self be true

What if you're LGBT?

*scratched head too*

Exactly! Shure anyone can go to the gentlemens forum but it does suggest the thread is just for men. I find that a strange move in these inclusive times.

What if you're LGBT?

*scratched head too*

I guess you’d just be thankful that it wasn’t moved to “Current Affairs”.

What gender is that for? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I'm going to give up offering advice because some cnt will always come along and make you feel guilty for it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,073 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

Still weird that it was moved after all this time.

Very strange.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement