Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

TA when people don't post TAs

Back on topic lads

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Bin night.

I don’t want to go outside, in the wet and the cold and the dark. I just want to sit down.

That's more of a TH for me personally, I love this kinda weather. It is also bin night for me though and my TA is related to it, as I stood on my own dog's shyte trying to wheel the thing out the side of my house. Couldn't see a thing and didn't think he'd go all the way up towards the side gate for a jobby :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

That's more of a TH for me personally, I love this kinda weather. It is also bin night for me though and my TA is related to it, as I stood on my own dog's shyte trying to wheel the thing out the side of my house. Couldn't see a thing and didn't think he'd go all the way up towards the side gate for a jobby :mad:

Well, if you want to swing by and take out my bins, you’re more than welcome to enjoy the finest wet, dark, cold weather Clare has to offer. And I don’t have a dog, so there’s no danger of your TA happening. It’s win-win all round! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,390 ✭✭✭Bowlardo

Saudi Arabia advert is very very annoying.
    Food you never tasted
    Beats you’ve never felt
    Some other horse ****

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bowlardo wrote: »
    Saudi Arabia advert is very very annoying.
    Food you never tasted
    Beats you’ve never felt
    Some other horse ****

The oul public beheadings they have are great craic.
    Who would ever want to come to that benighted sandpit as a tourist?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

“Elevenses”

Maybe it’s a British thing, I dunno but the British lady in the office tells us every morning about her daily treats for her elevenses

That word is a TA of mine

I just bit my tongue. Raging.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,509 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

mikemac2 wrote: »
    “Elevenses”

Maybe it’s a British thing, I dunno but the British lady in the office tells us every morning about her daily treats for her elevenses

That word is a TA of mine

Been here a month short of a decade and had to google the term.

We've had multiple engineers out to service various instruments at the facility I work at and they've all had to book return visits. Joy.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

First, trying to get someone out to fix a window. The pyramids probably were built quicker.
    Second, I can't see much without my glasses. I hate those glasses. They look great in Specsavers but when I get home I look like a clown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭The Wizards Sleeve

"you said forever now I drive alone past your street"...... go away Olivia, there's enough whiney whingey music out there already thank you very much. Misery does sell though. Guess that's why that kind of music keeps getting churned out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

"you said forever now I drive alone past your street"...... go away Olivia, there's enough whiney whingey music out there already thank you very much. Misery does sell though. Guess that's why that kind of music keeps getting churned out.

Two oldies come to mind, You Don't Bring me Flowers and Talking in Your Sleep.

"Then you just roll over and turn out the light" - like what else are you meant to do? Sure get up and turn it off yourself then :D

As for sexy dreaming about someone else and talking about her in his sleep and hugging his pillow - he'd be straight out the door before I'd a chance to write a fúckin song about it :D
    "

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Lockdown extended in NI till 1st April. My cousin's wedding is 27th March in Tipperary. I'm Matron of Honour. I don't think cross border travel for weddings is permitted. Sooooooooo................. I guess I'm not going? Who do I even ask about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

It would be a heartless so and so that would turn you back....major league TA

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I've heard that the PSNI have been pretty hardcore in turning people back, not sure about the Gardai. What I do know is that back in the bad old days my Dad knew of a few back roads you could take to avoid the authorities. He wasn't up to anything sinister, he just hated queueing at checkpoints

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Lockdown extended in NI till 1st April. My cousin's wedding is 27th March in Tipperary. I'm Matron of Honour. I don't think cross border travel for weddings is permitted. Sooooooooo................. I guess I'm not going? Who do I even ask about this?

In the Republic, under the Level 5 restrictions (due to expire on March 5th, but will probably be extended), you can travel for a wedding (only six guests can attend).
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html#l05988

There's no restriction on crossing the border, once you're doing it for an activity you're allowed to travel for. There's a €100 fine for crossing the border without an essential reason, but since attending a wedding is listed as one of the essential reasons, it shouldn't apply.

You could try phoning the Garda station in the area you plan on crossing the border to see what they say.

I had to record a screencast presentation on something today - demoing something on the screen and talking about it.

Every single time I tried to do it, something would disturb it. Wife comes into the room and swears loudly when she's realises she's just disturbed my recording. Kids coming in to tell me about the funeral they've held for the dead frog they found. People only team phoning me about stuff. I must have started it 6 times before having to abandon half way through.

I know, I know: I should have quit out of all communications apps, put the phone on silent, locked the door - so I'm really more TA'd with myself than anything else. Now I'm going to be doing this tonight after everyone's gone to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Outlook for Microsoft 365 is the biggest piece of sh!t ever. I'm trying to embed a piece of HTML as text and I literally cannot figure out a way to do it.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Can you switch the format of the email to plain text, paste what you have to, and switch back? It might just work.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Outlook for Microsoft 365 is the biggest piece of sh!t ever. I'm trying to embed a piece of HTML as text and I literally cannot figure out a way to do it.

Paste it in, then open the little floating Clipboard icon with (Crtl) beside it, then select the last option "Keep Text Only" (see attached image). It should retain your HTML's indentation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

In the Republic, under the Level 5 restrictions (due to expire on March 5th, but will probably be extended), you can travel for a wedding (only six guests can attend).
    https://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/covid19/living_with_covid19_plan.html#l05988

There's no restriction on crossing the border, once you're doing it for an activity you're allowed to travel for. There's a €100 fine for crossing the border without an essential reason, but since attending a wedding is listed as one of the essential reasons, it shouldn't apply.

You could try phoning the Garda station in the area you plan on crossing the border to see what they say.

The NI Direct website also says that you can cross the border to carry out legal duties which I think a witness would count as so I think I might be ok. I doubt a random Garda in Louth is gonna have a clue whether my specific situation is ok or not. I don't want to just chance it though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,654 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

New Home wrote: »
    Can you switch the format of the email to plain text, paste what you have to, and switch back? It might just work.
    Paste it in, then open the little floating Clipboard icon with (Crtl) beside it, then select the last option "Keep Text Only" (see attached image). It should retain your HTML's indentation.

Thanks both. Have tried literally everything and a phone call with the digital agency that designs the piece of HTML in question confirmed that Outlook for 365 just doesn't do what I need it to.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

IBS.
    I'm lucky I don't get flare-ups really anymore because I take daily medication, but today I did get a flare-up and it was awful.

Swollen tummy, all hard and tender to touch, the pain radiates to the hips and lower back too.

Thought a walk would shift it but all it did was make me wish I'd stayed curled up on the sofa.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Thanks both. Have tried literally everything and a phone call with the digital agency that designs the piece of HTML in question confirmed that Outlook for 365 just doesn't do what I need it to.

Well, the good news is that your TA is still intact!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

mikemac2 wrote: »
    “Elevenses”

It's like something you'd read about in an Enid Blyton book.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,742 ✭✭✭Wanderer2010

Hate this line thats always wheeled out when it comes to giving out fines during Level 5. "None of our members want to give out fines".
    Boll*cks. Some Guards absolutely love the current climate, where their only petty thrill is to demonstrate that they have a little power over you and they want you to know that you are inferior to them.
    Not all, but a sizeable amount.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,001 ✭✭✭trashcan

It’s incredibly trivial, but why do RTE Six O’Clock news presenters feel the need to say “thanks indeedfor joining us” when they are about to interview someone. Why do they need the completely superfluous “indeed” ? Is there a memo that went out in RTE somewhere ?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Hate this line thats always wheeled out when it comes to giving out fines during Level 5. "None of our members want to give out fines".
    Boll*cks. Some Guards absolutely love the current climate, where their only petty thrill is to demonstrate that they have a little power over you and they want you to know that you are inferior to them.
    Not all, but a sizeable amount.

Quite a few on here that have been breaking the restrictions seem to be pretty smug about their actions, can't blame the police for feeling the same way about catching them.
    I know I would :D

TA People who can't deal with consequences of their own actions

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA 'top of the world'' by the carpenters is playing on a constant loop in my head for the past day or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 136 ✭✭nightie

I watch How To Be Good With Money every week in the hopes that I will rein in my impulsive spending habits. Every week, Eoin brings out salt and pepper to illustrate saving tips ... I still don’t have a clue what he’s going on about!

• Advertisement

I've an itchy ear.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement