Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

When a fuel pump is faulty and it takes forever to put fuel into the car. Gave up after a tenners worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Man at the self-service checkout at Tesco, letting his young child do all the scanning through etc. because there and then was the perfect time to teach her life-skills she doesn't even need yet. No, no by all means let a queue form behind you there.

Plonker.
    I met one of his kind before in SuperValu doing that mid aisle with three kids with the portable self scanners. :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Man at the self-service checkout at Tesco, letting his young child do all the scanning through etc. because there and then was the perfect time to teach her life-skills she doesn't even need yet. No, no by all means let a queue form behind you there.

Plonker.

Plonker is right. Kids have no business in a supermarket these days.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

When a fuel pump is faulty and it takes forever to put fuel into the car. Gave up after a tenners worth.

There's only one pump that I use regularly that you can flick the little thingy in the handle and let it pump away hands free. Why can't I do this everywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,817 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

When you go to google something and you are in a rush and the fcukin thing asks are you a robot.
    No I’m a fcukin idiot in a rush is what I am.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I hate that the buttons on my own laptop are arranged differently from those of my work laptop, and because of muscle memory I keep pressing "page down" instead of "delete". Grrr.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went for a long walk today which was going to involve coffee in the local garage. About 1km in I realized I forgot my face mask so turned around and went home to get one. When I get to the garage I realize there actually is a face mask in the inside pocket of my jacket. BUT, I took the jacket out of the wardrobe today after about three years, so there is no reason there should have been one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Had to do some sanding today.

TAd that wearing a face mask used to be an exciting novelty when you were doing DIY that was moderately dangerous to your respiratory system.

Now it’s just what you do when you’re going to the shops.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

My little niece told me I had a lovely facemask on. Not annoying but just a real sign of the times.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

The cooking instructions on the box that the steak I cooked Saturday came in. 4 - 4.5 minutes for rare! Per side! There's a chart somewhere showing the colour your meat should be for rare/medium/etc. After 4.5 minutes it's probably going to be more towards well done than rare.

For well done it was saying 8 - 10 minutes! 10 minutes! It'd be like trying to eat an old shoe....

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,508 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

On top of the 2 bank holidays at Easter, I get an an absurd 4. Along with that I have 27 days to use by the end of the year which is the end of September. So much leave and nothing to do with it.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

The Humble Brag.

There was a woman on talking to either Andrea Gilligan or Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk last week about the sacrifices stay at home parents make. No problem with that but in the space of a couple of minutes she'd let us know that she had a "very large house" with electric gates and a ride on lawnmower. Completely beside the point and unnecessary given what was being discussed.

When I meet people like this in the wild I distance myself from them immediately. Not because I don't have a very large house with all the trappings, but because I have more interesting things to talk about than Celtic Tiger materialism.

Also agree on the annual leave. I never saw the point in taking time off unless I was going somewhere or doing something nice. But now I can't do those things the days have mounted up. I have to remind myself that a few days off now and again even if I'm just at home are good for my mental health.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The Humble Brag.

There was a woman on talking to either Andrea Gilligan or Sean Moncrieff on Newstalk last week about the sacrifices stay at home parents make. No problem with that but in the space of a couple of minutes she'd let us know that she had a "very large house" with electric gates and a ride on lawnmower. Completely beside the point and unnecessary given what was being discussed.

When I meet people like this in the wild I distance myself from them immediately. Not because I don't have a very large house with all the trappings, but because I have more interesting things to talk about than Celtic Tiger materialism.

"It's my sister Violet, the one with the sauna, swimming pool and room for a pony!"

New Home wrote: »
    "It's my sister Violet, the one with the sauna, swimming pool and room for a pony!"

That's it exactly!

On a similar note, my mother has a "friend" who inherited three or four houses in different parts of Clare. She likes to phone my mother to boast about them every few weeks.
    Pre Covid she would call into my mother on her way to one of these properties for a boast, frequently enough as it's let on AirB&B. Always with her hands hanging, expecting tea. (I grew up in a family who would never enter another person's house without some sort of gift for the hosts, even if it is just a simple pack of biscuits.) Absolutely vile woman, evidently needs to feel superior to someone all the time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Aglomerado wrote: »
    The Humble Brag.

Yeah, heard that one too, A. Went into a lot of detail about the size of the house and the effort involved in it’s “upkeep”.

Took awhile to get to the “point”, she found out her husband had been having an affair and all her hard work at home meant nothing with regards to now having to get a job.

She’d given up her career to be a housewife and regrets it now. Her “advice” to any young women listening was to not give up their careers. Really did go into an awful lot of detail about the size of the house first, though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Yeah, heard that one too, A. Went into a lot of detail about the size of the house and the effort involved in it’s “upkeep”.

Took awhile to get to the “point”, she found out her husband had been having an affair and all her hard work at home meant nothing with regards to now having to get a job.

She’d given up her career to be a housewife and regrets it now. Her “advice” to any young women listening was to not give up their careers. Really did go into an awful lot of detail about the size of the house first, though.

Was her husband named Bruce? Was he a turf accountant with a penchant for leather chaps and whips? :D

New Home wrote: »
    Was her husband named Bruce? Was he a turf accountant with a penchant for leather chaps and whips? :D

TA I want to watch Keeping Up Appearances now.
    Onslow: "Oh, nice" (!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,838 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

I'm looking at the breakdown of the price of a new (as in brand new) car and trying to figure out how/why there is a tyre recycling charge of €13.55!

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

FG wanting an exemption to the 5km limit for golfers :rolleyes:

I think we will all have to "take up golf"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

FG wanting an exemption to the 5km limit for golfers :rolleyes:

I think we will all have to "take up golf"

There must be another golf outing organised

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

FG wanting an exemption to the 5km limit for golfers

There is a man with his finger on the pulse of the mood of the nation :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

Bust my lip earlier while acting the goat with my youngest :( stings like a b@stard now

• Registered Users Posts: 11,261 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

When it rains, it pours...

1) issue with my laptop that the repair shop said it'll take an extra day or two to fix. On the one week I had set aside to get my bookkeeping assignment done.....

2) .....which means I have to temporarily use my mother's laptop, which is smaller than my one and so I can't type as quickly on it, and my bookmarks, saved documents etc. aren't available.

3) doing said assignment took me all day yesterday and into last night, and I can't figure out the mistake I made on it. Of course I can't stop thinking about it....but I vow not to even look at it again until Friday.

4) but it wasn't helped by the fact that, no matter how hard I tried to create a quiet environment for myself to do my course work, someone else in the house had to watch The Chase or conduct full conversations in the adjoining room, or do some DIY work outside my room....

5) of course, I should be moved out by now, but Covid delays everything....

6) Furthermore, a stone chipped my car windscreen on Sunday, and I have to wait around indefinitely on Thursday to get it repaired as they won't give me a specific time until Thursday morning, so can't plan anything...

7) and now my mother is mopping the effin' floors despite there being a storm howling around outside, so kind of defeats the purpose no? You wouldn't wash your car when the weather is bad. You'd swear she was cleaning a hospital ward.

8) can't even get out of the house for an hour or two due to the aforementioned weather.

When it rains, it pours in more ways than one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

The two nuns or hermits in west Cork who expect a life funded by others. Breaking the Covid restrictions, planning law, selling dodgy lotions and setting up a crowdfunding page to get new accommodation. Some people have donated thounds of Euro.

Religion is fine and whatever floats your boat is grand but why expect others to fund the life and why do they think they're above the law.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Getting absolutely soaked taking the dog out. What a time to discover that neither my waterproof pants or waterproof boots are in fact waterproof :rolleyes:

Plus of course the postman calls just a matter of moments after I put a charcoal face mask on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

The TV Covid doctor saying he wouldn't advise everyone to put vitamin d into their bodies yet he's recommending everyone put the vaccine into their bodies.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Plus of course the postman calls just a matter of moments after I put a charcoal face mask on.

Be careful putting anything black on your face these days

• Registered Users Posts: 12,312 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Not a single banana in Tesco just now :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Getting absolutely soaked taking the dog out. What a time to discover that neither my waterproof pants or waterproof boots are in fact waterproof :rolleyes:

Haha brilliant :) Did you open the door?

I bought a rug for my sitting room which has tiled floors and the first time I stood on the rug I nearly wound up in the fireplace. It slips all over the gaf the second you stand on it. I went to the hardware store this afternoon and they had anti-slip strips for rugs on tiled floors. Perfect. The man at the till was really helpful and said save yourself some money and cut up an old hot water bottle instead. He said the rubber would stick to the tiles and hold the rug in place. Good tip I thought and cut my only hot water bottle into strips and stuck them all over the floor.
    I now have no hot water bottle, an even slippier rug and strips of rubber to clean off the floor. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

^sorry but that made me laugh :D

I found out today that one of my wellies has a leak and my poor foot got soaked on our walk

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement