Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

PsychoPete wrote: »
    Be careful putting anything black on your face these days

Exactly why I didn't open the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Porklife wrote: »
    Haha brilliant :) Did you open the door?

No, lucky enough the brother was at home so I sent him to the door.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

A very slow bus driver two mornings in a row. I should be close to my stop in Dorset Street by now but the bus is still in bloody Santry :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Daragh1980

Two court reports on Irish Times FB page last night.

1/ A Clondalkin man agrees to hold 178000 worth of heroin and cocaine for a drug dealer as he needs funds to pay for his father’s funeral. Gets 5 year suspended sentence.

2/ A Lucan Law student punches another guy outside a pub. One punch. Victim makes a “good” recovery but had brain injury and it was touch and go for a while. Gets 4 year suspended sentence.

The comments are the TA. Loads of people talking about “postcode justice” re case /2 and saying “money talks”, “if he was from Ballyfermot, he’d do time”. But ignoring the fact that the guy in case /1 also got off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Applied for an internal job and I sent my CV and cover letter to HR

I checked & checked it. I printed 3 times, made edits with a pen and edited on the computer

Send the application and I saw I put the year I started in this job incorrect. How did I miss this ?? :mad:

I messaged the friendly person in HR and asked her to delete and she told me to resend. She was super cool and helpful

TA’d despite my multiple checking I still missed a glaring error.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Dog rolled in fox poo

The smell :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,728 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Autosport wrote: »
    Dog rolled in fox poo

Do they grow out of that? Mine hasn’t done it in a couple of years, I still live in fear of it happening again.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Otter poo is where it's at. Mmm fishy oily goodness :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As my sld has gotten much worse with lockdown(or who I'm forced to lockdown with) I have a colleague who reads my reports for missing items or strangely worded sentances.

Monday I got a message from them, BB can you send x report you are on currently?
    I reply, that I can but as it's group work, what I have done is in different parts of the report and on different topics. Told to send it anyway.
    Feedback this am says that it makes sense on a sentence level but not as a coherent piece!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Asked a professional for help on an error I made on a piece for uni,
    I get a lecture on how stupid it was to make that mistake and the problems with trying to fix it now.

WTH not just say that at the start of the message, it's not like I can go back in time and not do it!

Different ta, an exercise handed out at Christmas which has a lot of different sections and still no information on the word count for each section! diving the total by the number of sections doesn't work. FFS is it a state secret!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Do they grow out of that? Mine hasn’t done it in a couple of years, I still live in fear of it happening again.

I've an 11 year old terrier who still does it given the opportunity. Even though she knows its straight to the b-a-t-h after, which she hates. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Those burger buns that look like they're cut through but they're still joined a bit. Annoying as fúck. You can try and separate them with your hands but sometimes the bun breaks. So you need a knife. Meaning they may as well not have bothered doing the half arsed cut in the first place.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Cienciano wrote: »
    Those burger buns that look like they're cut through but they're still joined a bit. Annoying as fúck.

Even worse if you freeze them and want to toast them from frozen. They snap in your hand. The same with certain brand bagels. You'd think the bread cutting robot could be programmed to just cut the extra 5mm.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

Companies still packaging in plastic that is 'not currently recyclable'. Why not?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,393 ✭✭✭✭dastardly00

Autosport wrote: »
    Dog rolled in fox poo

I feel for you. It stinks so much.

Our dog enjoys a roll in it every now and again :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People dropping coins onto a wooden floorboard.

Burst tea bag. Ugh!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,274 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Even worse if you freeze them and want to toast them from frozen. They snap in your hand. The same with certain brand bagels. You'd think the bread cutting robot could be programmed to just cut the extra 5mm.

Yeah, they give the illusion that they're cut so you try and prise them apart. I hate them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you've something in your head that you want to Google but forget what it is

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

optogirl wrote: »
    Companies still packaging in plastic that is 'not currently recyclable'. Why not?

Because cost and/or couldn't be arsed.

Who's gonna make them? Greta?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

Sore knee

• Registered Users Posts: 23,161 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

The MCU. Wandavision this, Wandavision that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some elitist when it comes to movies/TV. I really enjoyed The Avengers films and a handful of the in-between movies but does it ever end? We're coming up on 15 years of the that universe and it's still going, don't you get sick of the same stories?

Infinity War was a fine end point for me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,771 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

J. Marston wrote: »
    The MCU. Wandavision this, Wandavision that.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not some elitist when it comes to movies/TV. I really enjoyed The Avengers films and a handful of the in-between movies but does it ever end? We're coming up on 15 years of the that universe and it's still going, don't you get sick of the same stories?

Infinity War was a fine end point for me.

This is what pops into my head every time I hear Wandavision.

2f94a93aa03b949d88bf8be833d6d915e9fc563cr1-632-718v2_00.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,792 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

We're coming up on 15 years of the that universe and it's still going, don't you get sick of the same stories?

tenor.gif?itemid=16526889

We're coming up on 15 years of the that universe and it's still going.

We’re coming up on 14 billion years in our own universe. I think Marvel will still try to outdo it, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

Sore tooth and it feels expensive :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

vriesmays wrote: »
    People dropping coins onto a wooden floorboard.

I'm from Cavan so feel your pain. Some of the coins could go flying and get lost, a travesty :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

Noticed rubbish along a stretch of road the other day and since then noticing it everywhere along that stretch. It is a few miles away from a Supermacs and it is mostly discarded Supermacs stuff.

Have a mind to contact Pat McDonagh and ask him to come down with a rubbish bag and get going on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

TA'ed that the search bar and category headers part of the Amazon website doesn't remain 'stickied' to the top of the page as you scroll down, so that you can easily access it at all times without having to scroll all the way back to the top to make it visible again (unless there is something I'm missing!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,597 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I'm usually a terrible woman at the best of times and only get my hair cut once a year. But because of the pandemic it's coming up on 18 months without a haircut now and I'm this | | close to just cutting the ****ing thing off myself. It's just a thick heavy frizzy mess at the moment and it's driving me absolutely nuts.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement