Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

Twice today I had to give right of way to vehicles even though I was on a roundabout.

First a huge lorry didn't even slow approaching the roundabout so I decided it had the size if not the right. It was a small roundabout but with four roads, so very visible.

Next on a proper roundabout, a tow truck drived thought that as I was a few meters from his truck, he could enter the roundabout. I had the right indicator on so he knew I was going past his road.

A few kilometers more than 5 from home but on an essential errand. Lucky to make it home in one piece.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

oneweb wrote: »
    The sheer inconsistency of the thickness of chocolate in any given pack of digestive biscuits.

TA eating a bar of chocolate after drinking water. i find it dilutes the taste.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

virgin media. I went on to their online chat to talk about an upgrade. The sales team responded immediately. I then got back on to talk to technical support. still waiting for a response 30 minutes later. an absolute shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Pedantic ppl with no imagination but are endlessly stubborn.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

My driveway TA: Reversing into my driveway, and the cat decides this is the perfect time to appear from nowhere, sit down in the middle of the driveway, and lick his hole. Completely oblivious, or at least totally irregardless, to the massive vehicle approaching him.

Not wanting to down-play your TA, Blitzkrieger, but maybe those driveway dodgers have similarly insolent, but hole-proud, cats?

Exact same thing happened to me yesterday :D. I usually back in to the driveway but she was there so I decided to go in frontways in case she wouldn't move. Of course she didn't, just sat in front of the car blocking my way in.

In the past I've actually got out and and put her inside the house before moving the car, have to admit yesterday I beeped the horn and she legged it out of the way

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

This pm I have to talk to one of my lecturers( she is working hard to bridge the gap between the information and my dyslexia) but is going the exact wrong way about it, it makes her cranky and that upsets me.

Tom pm I have to have my girl bits looked at(I've put if off so much, needs doing now b4 I smother in work of all kinds)

Beyond the obv yuck of it all. Ta I had to schedule it this way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

Pain in my lower abdomen when I cough

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,474 ✭✭✭Obvious Desperate Breakfasts

Porklife wrote: »
    Haha I absolutely love your post Obvious and agree with everything you've said.

Another thing that annoys me about the Gilmore Girls is the ridiculous attitude towards alcohol. Lorelei rarely drinks but any time she does she makes a complete ass of herself and declares her undying love for Luke only to wake up full of regret with a wet towel draped across her beautifully unfurrowed brow.

Give me a break! I'd love to see her wake up with a kebab stuck to her face screaming Rory!! RORY...bring me some water you overly privileged, pristine, no it all, no nothing jerk!!

And their supposedly crap, sugar-and-fat-filled diets whilst having svelte figures and beautiful skin. Sure, Jan. Rory might have been just young enough when the show started to get away with that but Lorelai? Never!

You’re having a fever dream though. Lorelai would NEVER criticise Rory. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,791 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

When you are enjoying a carbonated beverage from a glass but the fizz or whatever it is hits your face

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭No again Danni

People who get angry with you for no reason.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I hate pretentious office speak, people promising to "reach out", "link in" etc. because they think only simpletons say that things like "I'll call him and ask". Now we have people "touching base" and "switching up" all over the place, as well as "integrating core objectives into daily operations" i.e. just doing what you're paid to do.

Imagine my horror when I used the term "interfaced" just now, in a non-IT context. I need to sit and self loathe for a bit.

People who get angry with you for no reason.

How dare you. :D

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Antares, you're not even trying... No bold, no all caps, no exclamation marks... Like, srsl.

New Home wrote: »
    Antares, you're not even trying... No bold, no all caps, no exclamation marks... Like, srsl.

TA I'd to Google search the meaning of srsl. Also TA there are many meanings I had to I was to wade through before I found the right one!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Antares35 wrote: »
    TA I'd to Google search the meaning of srsl. Also TA there are many meanings I had to I was to wade through before I found the right one!

TA that I didn't have to google the meaning of srsl:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Green jelly babies, for their awful taste, sheer abundance in the packet and for their powdered camouflage that makes them indistinguishable from the black ones.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Green jelly babies, for their awful taste, sheer abundance in the packet and for their powdered camouflage that makes them indistinguishable from the black ones.

I don't like the black ones and refuse to eat them

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

PsychoPete wrote: »

JellyRacist

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Have you ever eaten one when going for a green? Obviously, this isn’t much of a TA in daylight but at dusk it’s a real “concern”.

Almost akin to the first time you purchase the blue Walkers packet, assuming it’s salt and vinegar, and biting into a crisp only to be hit that that unmistakable socky flavour of cheese and onion.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    JellyRacist

Black ones are my favourite

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Antares35 wrote: »
    I hate pretentious office speak, people promising to "reach out", "link in" etc. because they think only simpletons say that things like "I'll call him and ask". Now we have people "touching base" and "switching up" all over the place, as well as "integrating core objectives into daily operations" i.e. just doing what you're paid to do.

Imagine my horror when I used the term "interfaced" just now, in a non-IT context. I need to sit and self loathe for a bit.

This reminds me of an argument I had with a lecturer of mine years ago. I was doing a contact centre operations course, and the woman just would not accept that it's perfectly normal to say "no problem" (in IRELAND AT LEAST) when a customer says thanks, because she deemed it as a "double negative" simply because I used the words "No" and "Problem" together. She wouldn't take simple Irish (or fúck it - HUMAN) etiquette into the equation. She wanted me to be robotic about the whole thing. I disagreed with her and she didn't like it. I ended up getting a distinction in the entire course after the year was up.

God I'm getting annoyed about it all over again.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

If you see her again tell her that a double negative makes a positive! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Burned the roof of my mouth on Friday and it's still killing me.

Black ones are my favourite

Your favourite what??? ;)

Have you ever eaten one when going for a green? Obviously, this isn’t much of a TA in daylight but at dusk it’s a real “concern”.

Almost akin to the first time you purchase the blue Walkers packet, assuming it’s salt and vinegar, and biting into a crisp only to be hit that that unmistakable socky flavour of cheese and onion.

I really only like eating the heads anyway, don't know if that's weird or not....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

I ate too many Pringles :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,129 ✭✭✭Padre_Pio

I'm going to have to accept I'm sh*t at call of duty.
    Can't blame the game or the internet anymore.

Games are meant to be relaxing, but I'm amped up now. It's like PTSD.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Padre_Pio wrote: »
    I'm going to have to accept I'm sh*t at call of duty.
    Can't blame the game or the internet anymore.

Games are meant to be relaxing, but I'm amped up now. It's like PTSD.

Call of Duty and Relaxing do not mix :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

I really only like eating the heads anyway, don't know if that's weird or not....

Well you are not named wrong:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    TA that I didn't have to google the meaning of srsl:(

TA that I did, and I'm still none the wiser.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement