Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,485 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

There's an AIB ad talking about them going carbon neutral by 2030 and the voice over in it is so whiney!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Antares35 wrote: »
    Several house hunting TAs.

1. Having finally gotten my act together after 37 years and being in a position to buy, we can't view anything because of covid.

2. Use of the term "host of amenities"

3. The fact that in 2021, a church is still listed as an amenity.

4. Use of the the term "proud to present to the market"

5. "Price on Application". Next.

6. An unpolished gem - read "shíthole".

My bug bear is 'delighted to bring to the market'.
    FFS, put in a bit more effort, rather than copy and paste all the descriptions.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Over to Greg. Thanks Sharon. <blurry cctv> Back to Sharon. Thanks Greg. <reconstruction> That's right, Sharon. ... Here's Tara. Thanks Sharon. <false reg plates> Over to Sharon. Thanks Tara. ... Now here's Louise. Thanks Sharon. <someone who didn't pay for their church candle>. Sharon. Thanks Louise.

Sharon's Call-Me-Sharon Crime Show.
    (RTÉ CrimeLine)

I genuinely can't figure out if it's a running joke amongst them or she's just that narcissistic. Having said that, I've noticed the gardaí who don't say Sharon two or more times, will not appear the following month.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

There's an AIB ad talking about them going carbon neutral by 2030 and the voice over in it is so whiney!

There was a documentary on all these kinds of promises (eg. Tesco's change for good campaign which wasn't that meaning of "for good". Basically companies create these things with a just-far-off-enough dates that everyone'll have forgotten about them.

And don't get me started on carbon neutral.

It is what it's.

I just ate a packet of hunky dory salt and vinegar and it wasn't all hunky dory. They were too vinegary.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I used to love watching motd. Now :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    The blessed “ stay at home “ in the corner in RTE .
    I mean seriously , a year later do they think someone reads it on March 4th 21 and says “ Oops , we need to stay at home , I almost forgot but RTE reminded me “

Did you see Dublin last week? It seems that the lowest common denominator needs to be reminded. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

blade1 wrote: »
    Pulled this nail out of my tyre today.
    Luckily I have a kit for plugging punctures at home.

IMG-20210304-130721.jpg

IMG-20210304-130842-2.jpg

I drive fellow walkers daft when I pick up and throw away the odd screw or nail I spy on the road.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

I just ate a packet of hunky dory salt and vinegar and it wasn't all hunky dory. They were too vinegary.

There’s no such thing as too vinegary!!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Food servings that dont mention if it s for 1 or 2 people.

Case in hand,some soup i bought from Iceland.Its Slimming world.
    Im watching portion sizes at the minute and it just seemed to much for 1 person.But nowhere on the box does it say its for 1 or 2 or 4 people.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

dubstarr wrote: »
    Food servings that dont mention if it s for 1 or 2 people.

Case in hand,some soup i bought from Iceland.Its Slimming world.
    Im watching portion sizes at the minute and it just seemed to much for 1 person.But nowhere on the box does it say its for 1 or 2 or 4 people.
    Look at the total calories and act accordingly. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,133 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

New Home wrote: »
    Did you see Dublin last week? It seems that the lowest common denominator needs to be reminded. :/
    Do they honestly think they would be in any way influenced by a heading in the corner on RTE saying " Fan sa bhaile " !

Do you honestly think they would be in any way influenced by a heading in the corner on RTE saying " Fan sa bhaile " !
    Nah, not for a second. :D Maybe subliminal messages might work?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

New Home wrote: »
    Look at the total calories and act accordingly. :)

I did,i only ate half of the soup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

Motivational videos and the nonsense they sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    People, who love people “to the moon and back”.
    Usually used when talking about their “angles”.

I know a woman in her fifties who posts Happy Birthday messages on Facebook to her children and always says she loves them 'to the top of your head to the bottom of your feet'.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Do they honestly think they would be in any way influenced by a heading in the corner on RTE saying " Fan sa bhaile " !

Half the country can't understand that, let alone be influenced by it.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

People who don’t have their dogs on leashes/leads, when on walks etc you make my walk so much worse because your dog won’t leave my dog alone. Why get a dog if you I don’t want one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭.anon.

People who think it's acceptable to use their horn to 'punish' other drivers' mistakes. Earlier today, I was driving behind a VW Passat that was indicating to turn right (i.e. taking the second exit) on a mini-roundabout. There was a car coming towards us that was clearly not going to yield, possibly because it was a bright day and they didn't see his indicator flashing (I've noticed with certain cars, especially newer Volkswagens, that the bulbs aren't orange enough and you really have to stare hard to see them flashing). Even driving behind him, I could see that they weren't going to yield. I'm quite sure he could also see that they weren't going to yield. All he had to do was slow down ever so slightly before turning. But instead, he turned in early and drove over the mini-roundabout just so he could slam on the brakes and blast the horn at a car that was technically already on the roundabout. I see this kind of thing so often, and it never fails to amaze me that so many people (usually men in large German cars) genuinely believe that accelerating towards other people's errors somehow makes you a good driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

.anon. wrote: »
    People who think it's acceptable to use their horn to 'punish' other drivers' mistakes. Earlier today, I was driving behind a VW Passat that was indicating to turn right (i.e. taking the second exit) on a mini-roundabout. There was a car coming towards us that was clearly not going to yield, possibly because it was a bright day and they didn't see his indicator flashing (I've noticed with certain cars, especially newer Volkswagens, that the bulbs aren't orange enough and you really have to stare hard to see them flashing). Even driving behind him, I could see that they weren't going to yield. I'm quite sure he could also see that they weren't going to yield. All he had to do was slow down ever so slightly before turning. But instead, he turned in early and drove over the mini-roundabout just so he could slam on the brakes and blast the horn at a car that was technically already on the roundabout. I see this kind of thing so often, and it never fails to amaze me that so many people (usually men in large German cars) genuinely believe that accelerating towards other people's errors somehow makes you a good driver.

What is it about getting behind a wheel that makes so many people turn into absolute maggots? And all the focus is on L drivers, yet I believe the majority of accidents could be avoided if we had less aggression and impatience - two things that tend to be unique to drivers who've been on the roads for years rather than those just starting out.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Autosport wrote: »
    People who don’t have their dogs on leashes/leads, when on walks etc you make my walk so much worse because your dog won’t leave my dog alone. Why get a dog if you I don’t want one

Local parks all have prominent signs about dogs to be kept on leads.

There's always someone who obviously reads it as 'dogs must be kept on leads, EXCEPT YOURS OF COURSE'...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Antares35 wrote: »
    What is it about getting behind a wheel that makes so many people turn into absolute maggots? And all the focus is on L drivers, yet I believe the majority of accidents could be avoided if we had less aggression and impatience - two things that tend to be unique to drivers who've been on the roads for years rather than those just starting out.

I was the source of someone's trivial annoyance earlier :)

Was on a "main" road that goes through residential area so 50km/h. There was a home heating oil tanker delivery truck parked on the road. Oncoming traffic so I had to stop, there was a gap and another oncoming car that had "N" plates up. To be honest I probably had enough time to overtake the tanker before the car drew close but there was nothing behind that car so didn't chance it.

Car behind me found it's horn....I forgot to find my accelerator after I overtook the tanker so I had a nice cruise at 48.....oh there's an orange light best slow down.

I'm not usually like that at all, but the devil got to me.

I had also passed a speed van for oncoming traffic so I'd no intention of going over 50....they usually hunt in packs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »

Oh it's ok they'll shout after it " don't worry he's very friendly...he just wants to say hello "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I was the source of someone's trivial annoyance earlier :)

Was on a "main" road that goes through residential area so 50km/h. There was a home heating oil tanker delivery truck parked on the road. Oncoming traffic so I had to stop, there was a gap and another oncoming car that had "N" plates up. To be honest I probably had enough time to overtake the tanker before the car drew close but there was nothing behind that car so didn't chance it.

Car behind me found it's horn....I forgot to find my accelerator after I overtook the tanker so I had a nice cruise at 48.....oh there's an orange light best slow down.

I'm not usually like that at all, but the devil got to me.

I had also passed a speed van for oncoming traffic so I'd no intention of going over 50....they usually hunt in packs.

Would've driven at 40kph for that myself!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,238 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

I instantly thought Branch Closures.

Because green paper and green electricity are easy and what else is there ?

Green ink?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Ah thats fine. I love mine "to the moon and back". Not on FB but still. No harm at all .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

I should elaborate more on my previous TA, the dog/s are let loose and can go wherever they like, I might go for a walk in a nearby woods, I might meet the dog/s. I walk to the local shop, the dog/s will probably be there already, just wander around all day. I’m tempted to ring the dog warden and tell them about these unloved dog/s

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

I chipped a tooth while eating a while ago

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Was walking into town this morning just before 9am for a dentist appointment down by the docks. Just after passing Jury’s near the Spanish Arch a guy is walking towards me, looks about mid 20s and quite scruffy and strange looking.
    I’m on the edge of the path but rather than move he punched me (lightly, not swinging ir anything) in the arm and said stab.
    I was in shock so I turned and just said what the hell. I kept walking my direction and him his but I turned to look and he was turned looking at me really weirdly but still walking.
    It’s really giving me the creeps now as I’m trying to sleep.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement