Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

People who say "I miss vinyl" or "I miss DVDs" or "I miss CDs" - seemingly oblivious to the point that all these formats continue to be manufactured and released.

Supermarkets and their opening times - again!

The sign outside Dunnes says open at 8.30am on Saturdays. Google says the same.

I always get up early on a Saturday and would much prefer to be in and out as early as possible.
    So I arrive just before 8.30am and the car park is getting full. People are streaming in and out of the shop. It's obvious that it has opened earlier.

Ask the lady on the checkout "What time do you open on Saturdays?"

"8.00am" is the response.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I have a cough, I've had a cough for 12 years. I don't smoke, but I do have a smoker's cough. I don't know how I got it, but everyone in my family knows I have this cough. I have asthma (I thiink), so why is it every time I cough in front of someone that knows me, they have to comment on it?

"Are ya alright?"
    "Did you take your inhaler?"
    "What the f*ck is wrong with you?"

Can you not comment on it for fúck's sake? Please?! This has been me since 2009, you know me at this stage. Get over it and stop making me feel like I'm not allowed to cough.

Don't even start me on strangers who give me the eye thinking I have covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Dial Hard wrote: »
    One of my favourite things about IKEA is watching all the people in the car park realise they're never going to get an entire flat pack kitchen into their Volkswagen Golf.

Or them carefully and meticulously reversing into a spot for them to come back a couple of hours later to realise they have to move the car as they have zero access to the boot :D

My f*cking neighbour has been renovating the same room in his house for the past FOUR WEEKS!!!!! Four weeks of constant banging, sawing, hammering -- I'm about to lose my mind. The worst part is he does it all day, legally, and I can't say a fúcking thing. The longest time he done it in one day, that I can recall, was between 10 in the morning and half 7 in the evening, without stopping.

How can it take 4 weeks to renovate one bedroom? I'm sorry but that makes no sense to me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I queried the balance on my online shopping.
    I had gone through the account and once I took the newly returned item charge, the bill showed a 12e balance.
    I searched for an underpayment or missed return/ any item at all that was that amount of money.
    Emailed the company asking them to explain where this balance came from and explained I was querying the amount left over after the returns came off.

Their response was to show me the latest activity on the bill and confirm that the balance on screen was the amount owed.
    FFSFFSFFS
    I did the work and they are still wrong.
    WFH my ass, not wfh more like.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I find those slogan baby onesies/ vests really irritating. With stupid things on them like "mummy and daddy didn't take social distancing seriously" or "I'm cute, mom's hot, dad's lucky". Latest one I saw was "all mommy wanted was a back rub" like FFS we get it, we know how kids are made, no need for crass reminders broadcast on your baby's clothes :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Antares35 wrote: »
    I find those slogan baby onesies/ vests really irritating. With stupid things on them like "mummy and daddy didn't take social distancing seriously" or "I'm cute, mom's hot, dad's lucky". Latest one I saw was "all mommy wanted was a back rub" like FFS we get it, we know how kids are made, no need for crass reminders broadcast on your baby's clothes :D

I guess the truth wouldn’t fit on a babygrow:

“I am the result of daddy putting his penis inside mummy’s vagina for two disappointing minutes. I am also the reason it hasn’t happened again in over a year.”

I do like the "triplets" ones.

I was planned
    I wasn't
    Either was I :)

I guess the truth wouldn’t fit on a babygrow:

“I am the result of daddy putting his penis inside mummy’s vagina for two disappointing minutes. I am also the reason it hasn’t happened again in over a year.”

Ha :) Ours would be, "you know how condoms are 98percent effective? I'm the 2percent" :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

So, does your baby's t-shirt read "SURPRIIIISE!!!"? :pac:

New Home wrote: »
    So, does your baby's t-shirt read "SURPRIIIISE!!!"? :pac:

Indeed, and the good news is we can legitimately use it on the second! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

People who seriously lack awareness and skip off down a road to ruin, despite all the warnings. When they find themselves there, OOO boy do they blame everyone in sight for that precarious situation. Sometimes I think their evolution cells have an
    [bad] attachment to chaos.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

People looking at me in amazement when I say I have WiFi and satellite TV. I don't brag about what I have, not that insecure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Listening to a podcast earlier and the girl kept using names to describe actions or feelings like... not to be a nagging Nancy but..
    I don't want to be a moany Mary but..

Well I don't want to be a bitchy Betty but shut up you muppet!!

Porklife wrote: »

Well I don't want to be a bitchy Betty !!

I might steal that one :D

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Night owl gal

People can't follow instructions! Im a moderater of a buy and sell group on facebook. As part of the rules on the group, every post has to have a price and a picture. I spotted a post from someone that didn't have a price on it. I commented on the post and asked them to put a price on their post. They got back to me today, no change, apart from a link added. I then got back to them with instructions on how to edit the post and with screenshots showing how to do it. Still no change. Argh!

I was out enjoying a nice walk in the sun when a cyclist came flying at us from behind, ringing his bell and then sneezed as he passed. I keep telling myself it was probably just the common cold but eugh, f*ckin keep it to yourself and don't ring your bell at me when I'm already walking to one side and clearly not in your way.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

I was out enjoying a nice walk in the sun when a cyclist came flying at us from behind, ringing his bell and then sneezed as he passed. I keep telling myself it was probably just the common cold but eugh, f*ckin keep it to yourself and don't ring your bell at me when I'm already walking to one side and clearly not in your way.

If you see him again, jam a stick in between his front spokes

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

When you get strawberries from the shops but half of them are damaged or mouldy.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Water damaged phone :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,853 ✭✭✭growleaves

What is it about getting behind a wheel that makes so many people turn into absolute maggots? And all the focus is on L drivers, yet I believe the majority of accidents could be avoided if we had less aggression and impatience - two things that tend to be unique to drivers who've been on the roads for years rather than those just starting out.

An L sign is a provocation as far as many drivers are concerned.

People can't follow instructions! Im a moderater of a buy and sell group on facebook. As part of the rules on the group, every post has to have a price and a picture. I spotted a post from someone that didn't have a price on it. I commented on the post and asked them to put a price on their post. They got back to me today, no change, apart from a link added. I then got back to them with instructions on how to edit the post and with screenshots showing how to do it. Still no change. Argh!

Delete the post and send them a message explaining why.

Disgusting sneeze aside, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here with the bell. I tend to ring my bell as I'm coming towards people to let them know "Lads, I'm behind you, just in case you unexpectedly decide to walk in front of me".
    It's not to say anyone's in my way, it's to prevent any sudden decisions by a pedestrian. I've cycled down a road where people will sometimes use the road to walk past people on the pavement, before going up onto the pavement again. They've often suddenly gone onto the road while I've been on it, causing me to screech my brakes, and then look at me like I'm the bad guy, when they never looked behind them to see if anyone was coming down (before stepping onto the road).

I'll always ring my bell when I'm coming towards a pedestrian with their back to me, because in my experience, people do sway when they walk at times.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Disgusting sneeze aside, I'm gonna play devil's advocate here with the bell. I tend to ring my bell as I'm coming towards people to let them know "Lads, I'm behind you, just in case you unexpectedly decide to walk in front of me".
    It's not to say anyone's in my way, it's to prevent any sudden decisions by a pedestrian. I've often cycled down a road where people will often use the road to walk past people on the pavement, before going up onto the pavement again. They've often suddenly gone onto the road while I've been on it, causing me to screech my brakes, and then look at me like I'm the bad guy, when they never looked behind them to see if anyone was coming down.

I'll always ring my bell when I'm coming towards a pedestrian with their back to me, because in my experience, people do sway when they walk at times.

That is what I am telling my kids to do as well. Also handy if they have a dog so that they can reel it in. Half of the people ignore her bell though so she ends up having to stop. Some purposely block her as well (she is 4). Had someone else tell me kids weren't allowed cycle on footpaths :pac:

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    That is what I am telling my kids to do as well. Also handy if they have a dog so that they can reel it in. Half of the people ignore her bell though so she ends up having to stop. Some purposely block her as well (she is 4). Had someone else tell me kids weren't allowed cycle on footpaths :pac:

Ah that last part reminds me of a TA I posted here months ago, where a cyclist is damned if they do/don't when it comes to what they're allowed to cycle on. If you're on a road, drivers hate you, and if you're on a pavement, pedestrians hate you. It's a no-win situation.

It's not to say anyone's in my way, it's to prevent any sudden decisions by a pedestrian. I've cycled down a road where people will sometimes use the road to walk past people on the pavement, before going up onto the pavement again. They've often suddenly gone onto the road while I've been on it, causing me to screech my brakes, and then look at me like I'm the bad guy, when they never looked behind them to see if anyone was coming down (before stepping onto the road).

Yeah that's true enough, and with a dog on a lead (although not a flexi lead), he wasn't to know that she wouldn't jump in his way. I must have walked about a minute with my coat up around my nose and mouth, with an image of fluorescent covid germs just hanging in the air like a fog :D

growleaves wrote: »
    An L sign is a provocation as far as many drivers are concerned.

I ended up taking mine down when I was learning. Made life much easier, sadly.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

I ended up taking mine down when I was learning. Made life much easier, sadly.

Why ? If I see one I'm more obliging and courteous.

• Advertisement

cj maxx wrote: »
    Why ? If I see one I'm more obliging and courteous.

Because I didn't encounter many people as obliging and courteous as you when I had them up

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement