Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,311 ✭✭✭✭blade1

cj maxx wrote: »
    Why ? If I see one I'm more obliging and courteous.

Because some people like to take out their frustration on easy targets.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

This happened yesterday but it's still annoying me when i think of it.
    I was in Lidl shopping and ended up buying a frying pan set on a whim and a hairdryer. My hands were full with all the shopping. I had a single lime but couldn't find a button for it at the tills. I asked the girl and she said sorry but we only sell them in packs, not by themselves. I never use limes so a pack would be a waste. I just needed one for some Mexican food. I said can you just put it through as an apple or something? She said no. I asked can I just give you a euro for it? She said no.
    I had loads of shopping and knew walking home would be a struggle never mind having to then trek into Tesco just for a single lime.
    I asked her again could i please just buy the lime and she said there's no need to shout...im a human being! And she walked off with the lime.
    🀨🙄
    I hadn't even raised my voice let alone shouted. Maybe im the dick in this situation but it annoyed me none the less.
    If i was her, i woulda just said ah just have it. Its a lime for gods sake, not a fillet steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

^ you should have explained to her that it wasn't your fault that the lime was already out of its pack and now it was going to go for nothing anyway!

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

It's just as well you didn't want a lemon because it sounds like she was sucking on one already.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

It's just as well you didn't want a lemon because it sounds like she was sucking on one already.

Haha and telling me there's no need to shout is akin to telling someone to calm down. I felt like throwing the flying pan at her, see how she likes them apples!

• Advertisement

Porklife wrote: »
    Haha and telling me there's no need to shout is akin to telling someone to calm down. I felt like throwing the flying pan at her, see how she likes them apples!

Haha sounds like a comedy sketch. Seriously though I'd be annoyed too then add in your extra hormones. She got off lightly

• Registered Users Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Samsgirl

The road markings at our local Tesco say left turn only. It's on the main N24 so busy spot. The amount of idiots who insist on making a right hand turn and backing up all the cars behind them is unreal.
    There's a roundabout 500 yards down the road ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    This happened yesterday but it's still annoying me when i think of it.
    I was in Lidl shopping and ended up buying a frying pan set on a whim and a hairdryer. My hands were full with all the shopping. I had a single lime but couldn't find a button for it at the tills. I asked the girl and she said sorry but we only sell them in packs, not by themselves. I never use limes so a pack would be a waste. I just needed one for some Mexican food. I said can you just put it through as an apple or something? She said no. I asked can I just give you a euro for it? She said no.
    I had loads of shopping and knew walking home would be a struggle never mind having to then trek into Tesco just for a single lime.
    I asked her again could i please just buy the lime and she said there's no need to shout...im a human being! And she walked off with the lime.
    🀨🙄
    I hadn't even raised my voice let alone shouted. Maybe im the dick in this situation but it annoyed me none the less.
    If i was her, i woulda just said ah just have it. Its a lime for gods sake, not a fillet steak.

Jesus, sounds like she's as far from a human being as they come :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Did a job interview

He beat the hell out of me

Said my experience was no good.
    Said he met other candidates who talked about their education and that it was worthless so he rejected them.
    A dodgy stereotype about applicants with broken English.

I answered just 4 questions in an hour and it was the “wrong” answer each time. He spent the other 50 minutes telling me how amazing he was and how he built the company up. Eh he is not the owner, he is middle management.

At the end he asked if I had applied elsewhere. I said no and that is true. He then said if I applied he would have known as he knows everyone. Don’t you know he was at an elite school and he knows top bosses everywhere.

If I even if I got an offer I’d turn it down. Such arrogance :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

People who spend 30c to text a radio show a question they could've got faster and for free by google.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

@mikemac, I think it's pretty safe to assume that your education and experience are sound 'cos z
    Mr. Posh School was so obviously intimidated by them he was compelled to knock you down. I can guarantee you the only reason that gobschite has the middling job he has is his posh school connections.

My TA ismy dishwasher kapur. I'd forgotten how boring and time consuming washing wear by hand is.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Samsgirl wrote: »
    The road markings at our local Tesco say left turn only. It's on the main N24 so busy spot. The amount of idiots who insist on making a right hand turn and backing up all the cars behind them is unreal.
    There's a roundabout 500 yards down the road ffs.

You don’t expect Pat to worry about backing up cars, surely.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA the feeling i cant blare tunes full blast in my earphones as im always being called/disturbed, to the point i wait until the house is empty.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,770 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Did a job interview

He beat the hell out of me

Said my experience was no good.
    Said he met other candidates who talked about their education and that it was worthless so he rejected them.
    A dodgy stereotype about applicants with broken English.

I answered just 4 questions in an hour and it was the “wrong” answer each time. He spent the other 50 minutes telling me how amazing he was and how he built the company up. Eh he is not the owner, he is middle management.

At the end he asked if I had applied elsewhere. I said no and that is true. He then said if I applied he would have known as he knows everyone. Don’t you know he was at an elite school and he knows top bosses everywhere.

If I even if I got an offer I’d turn it down. Such arrogance :rolleyes:

Consider it a lucky escape, imagine having to work for such a tool...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Happened to me once that I was interviewed by such a tool that I told the HR guy on the way out that I didn't want to be considered for the position.
    The twat actually said to me that his ideal candidate is another version of himself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ordering a quarter pounder and getting a quarter pounder with cheese. Why is cheese the “default”? It’s a separate item on the menu board.

And 50c for a scaldy easy single.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Treated myself to a few ciders on Sunday evening. It's now Tuesday morning and I'm still hungover with a sore belly. There's a reason why I hadn't touched cider in two years before Sunday evening's session :(

• Registered Users Posts: 832 ✭✭✭Nevin Parsnipp

You don’t expect Pat to worry about backing up cars, surely.

Badge of honor for Pat this poster would opine.

Arrives Home:

Missus: "How did you get on " ?

Pat: " Sh1te ! Shop was full of auld beuers on a mission with eyes like gimlets...big lines at the check outs.

Held up about 20 of the kernts in the car doin that right turn thing though !

Fcuck them !!!

Sweeeeeet ! "

Wife: "Ah ! Same old.....same old " ......

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Broke another phones screen :( , and shops are closed :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

They’re open as they are deemed essential

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

New Home wrote: »
    Consider it a lucky escape, imagine having to work for such a tool...

Exactly.

Someone like that completely forgets that it's a two way thing, during an interview, you as interviewee, are also forming an impression of the company.

Definitely a lucky escape.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Autosport wrote: »

Not in the North :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Autosport wrote: »

The one beside me is closed but that might just be at a local level rather than nationwide.

I only noticed it closed today ....I'm only in the centre once a week....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 nottalking2u

I am currently using one with a broken screen. Don't know whether to just buy one or hold out for an upgrade in a few months.

Bringing in the coal annoys me but I love the fire lighting.

Not in the North :(

You can buy them online. Takes a few days

Keep having to throw out Actimels because I buy them but forget to drink them or im never in the mood even though I like them.

There's a four pack of Yops in the fridge. Just saw they go out on the 11th.

I'm just going to sit here now and drink all four of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,790 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Keep having to throw out Actimels because I buy them but forget to drink them or im never in the mood even though I like them.

There's a four pack of Yops in the fridge. Just saw they go out on the 11th.

I'm just going to sit here now and drink all four of them.

I consumed so many yops as a kid, are they still as nice?

PsychoPete wrote: »
    I consumed so many yops as a kid, are they still as nice?

Not a question you should ask after I've just drank four of them!! :/:D

Ye they're nice. I only like the strawberry ones. I just had two in the end :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My new glasses make me feel like I'm drunk. I've never worn glasses before and the optician said it could take up to a week to get used to them. I don't like dis.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »
    My new glasses make me feel like I'm drunk. I've never worn glasses before and the optician said it could take up to a week to get used to them. I don't like dis.

908daad3a7160db3b94ecf6d3482fa25.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement