Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Thankfully I didn't need giant shoes, hair tonic or the throat spray.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Multifocals are awful, I find. I end up either looking everyone up and down (to get them into focus), or if I don't bother I end up with eye strain and a headache.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Two absolute idiots in the shop breezing around languidly. Fake American accents debating the price of sausages making in jokes about them. Slowly moving around and completely oblivious to avoiding others. You'd swear it was a day out. Get the fck in then get the fck out. Plus one of them could have gone out besides making it a date night. Cretins

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Went mooching about in the 'items that everybody has forgotten about' kitchen press and found a big bag of sultanas, nearly full. Nice one!

Munch a big handful in and they taste just like a tablespoon of gone off curry powder. Unexpected bleurgh.

Supermarkets putting things on really high shelves. I had to ask tall men for help twice in Tesco yesterday. On the flip side I'm trivially happy for nice people who are happy to help but it's both trivially annoying and a little embarrassing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,278 ✭✭✭thomil

TA'd that I'm apparently being bullied/trolled by my drone.

On Sunday, I tried to connect my drone to my computer after a couple of flights to transfer some images I'd taken during the flight. No cigar, the drone wasn't even recognised.

Fast forward to tonight when I try to reproduce the issue to get some help online, and all of a sudden everything works fine -.-

Good luck trying to figure me out. I haven't managed that myself yet!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Get up this morning to find my 7-year-old twin girls uncharacteristically up early and getting into their school uniforms. "Great girls!", I say, "go down and get your breakfast and I'll be down after my shower". "Sure dad", they say.

Head down 15 minutes later, and the two of them are in front of the TV (which is banned in the morning). One of them, who is honest to a fault, is sitting on the ground spinning around. "What's going on? Have you had your breakfast?" "No", she says "I was watching TV and spinning around". I look at the second one "I had mine dad!" she says, all proud of herself. I don't believe her, so I ask where the bowl is. She leads be out to the sink, and sure enough there's a breakfast bowl in it. "Ok, fine" I say, "at least you had your breakfast".

A couple of minutes later, something hits me. The bowl doesn't look right. Go over and check, and it's perfectly clean and bone dry, and there's no spoon around. Check the fridge, and there's the exact same amount of milk we had last night. There's no cereal box out on the counter, and none of the tell-tale mess on the floor.

What she had done was get up early, come down, grab a clean bowl out of the press and planted it in the sink as "evidence" that she'd eaten her breakfast, then went and watched TV. She was perfectly willing to go to school on an empty stomach, once her little scheme worked.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,407 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Get up this morning to find my 7-year-old twin girls uncharacteristically up early and getting into their school uniforms. "Great girls!", I say, "go down and get your breakfast and I'll be down after my shower". "Sure dad", they say.

Head down 15 minutes later, and the two of them are in front of the TV (which is banned in the morning). One of them, who is honest to a fault, is sitting on the ground spinning around. "What's going on? Have you had your breakfast?" "No", she says "I was watching TV and spinning around". I look at the second one "I had mine dad!" she says, all proud of herself. I don't believe her, so I ask where the bowl is. She leads be out to the sink, and sure enough there's a breakfast bowl in it. "Ok, fine" I say, "at least you had your breakfast".

A couple of minutes later, something hits me. The bowl doesn't look right. Go over and check, and it's perfectly clean and bone dry, and there's no spoon around. Check the fridge, and there's the exact same amount of milk we had last night. There's no cereal box out on the counter, and none of the tell-tale mess on the floor.

What she had done was get up early, come down, grab a clean bowl out of the press and planted it in the sink as "evidence" that she'd eaten her breakfast, then went and watched TV. She was perfectly willing to go to school on an empty stomach, once her little scheme worked.

Devious little bewers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

The constant flow of Harry and Meghan memes on whatsapp. Often sent by one friend, and end up on a couple of more chats within the hour.

One or two were moderately funny a couple of days ago, but they have run their course by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Smokers in outdoor queues.

And my cat is sick :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Coffee is too boiling hot to drink so I take subtle sips every so often. I leave it at about 10 minutes and now it's luke-warm. This is boiling water and it takes 10 minutes to start getting cold, yet somehow a hot bath can stay hot for over half an hour.

Sorcery, that's all it is.

Coffee is too boiling hot to drink so I take subtle sips every so often. I leave it at about 10 minutes and now it's luke-warm. This is boiling water and it takes 10 minutes to start getting cold, yet somehow a hot bath can stay hot for over half an hour.

Sorcery, that's all it is.

Top tip: Make a bath full of coffee.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

Casually enjoying a chicken fillet roll and suddenly mayonnaise decides to erupt out of every orifice of the roll

Two absolute idiots in the shop breezing around languidly. Fake American accents debating the price of sausages making in jokes about them. Slowly moving around and completely oblivious to avoiding others. You'd swear it was a day out. Get the fck in then get the fck out. Plus one of them could have gone out besides making it a date night. Cretins

It is a day out.............for most of us now :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Almost like an adventure holiday... :|

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

They weren't social distancing. They were lounging around the place and getting in the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Don't start giving me ideas, because I would do that......

• Registered Users Posts: 10,727 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

People using umbrellas in gale force weather.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 18,640 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Irish adult people that say 'cringe' 'so cringe' as in embarrassing, embarrassed. It seems accepted now why?

It makes people sound like they are aping 'teenage girl' speak. Which is where I assume it originated in American somewhere? Maybe sometime in the 1990's as an abbreviation of the word cringeworthy?

https://www.etymonline.com/word/cringe#etymonline_v_356

I find it really annoying for some reason. Immediately think that person is easily influenced and needs to mature their language choice.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Irish adult people that say 'cringe' 'so cringe' as in embarrassing, embarrassed. It seems accepted now why?

It makes people sound like they are aping 'teenage girl' speak. Which is where I assume it originated in American somewhere? Maybe sometime in the 1990's as an abbreviation of the word cringeworthy?

https://www.etymonline.com/word/cringe#etymonline_v_356

I find it really annoying for some reason. Immediately think that person is easily influenced and needs to mature their language choice.

Speaking of language choices, I spent way more time than I should have to, explaining to a man in his 60's that a template wasn't a piece of china from a tea set.
    He told me to speak english!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,978 ✭✭✭optogirl

shoes dangling on a wire. I don't understand. Is it someone saying 'this house deals drugs' or the dealer saying 'we sell drugs here'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

People arguing in real life over the latest "controversy" in the media
    Do they realise most media its more akin to Pro Wrestling than actual news these days?

optogirl wrote: »
    shoes dangling on a wire. I don't understand. Is it someone saying 'this house deals drugs' or the dealer saying 'we sell drugs here'?

As the phenomenon relates to drug dealing, it's an urban legend. It wouldn't really make no sense for drug dealers to put up such a public sign outside their place of illicit business.

Most likely it's messers doing it for the laugh.

Wireless printers, holy fúcking Christ on the cross they never fail to drive me up the fúcking wall - I’m a digital native, have no issues with using any technology, but I don’t think I’ve ever once encountered a wireless printer that wasn’t a massive pain in the hole.

Was provided a wireless printer from the office for my new job, it also came with a usb connection “happy days, I won’t have to go fiddlefúcking around connecting it to WiFi etc” I thought.

WRONG

Apparently expecting to be able to select a printer (which you are connected to by usb) and click print is a fùcking MENTAL idea that can’t be allowed happen for some reason.

No no, I had to download an app first and then sign up for another account and verify it and connect the printer to WiFi and other various connectivity troubleshooting for over an hour even though it was already FÚCKING CONNECTED TO MY FÚCKING COMPUTER by wire! What is the ****ing point of all this over connectivity honestly - it’s a fúcking printer, I just want it to print things....is that so much to ask?...Jesus I need a cigarette

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Make sure to add enough milk so it’s past your eyes.

Now,where’s me coat?

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    Make sure to add enough milk so it’s past your eyes.

Now,where’s me coat?
    GROAN. (10/10 :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

My habit of making stupid jokes

A lady in the office asked me if there were florists nearby

“Awwww you don’t need to get me flowers” was my remark

She explained her friend died last year and she wanted to leave flowers on her grave as tomorrow was the one year anniversary.

I looked for a hole to swallow me up :o

Someone on my team was telling me a story about some out-of-date food they ate. Then there was a pause, and they said in a very solemn tone "Actually, I meant to tell you. I have some stomach issues that I need to get scans for. I'll need to take a week and a half off".

Naturally, I immediately told them to take whatever time they needed, and that I hoped everything worked out.

They then had to explain to me that they were only joking, on account of the out-of-date food they ate.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA podcast/media interviews where the host will phrase certain questions in a loaded way, to get the guest to say what the host wants to hear and confirm their own biases.

also.... hour long or more interviews that are titled '' X speaks on infamous career scandal etc'' but with no timestamp indicating when that infamous scandal topic actually comes up in the interview, so you're sitting through loads of less interesting crap to get the nugget.

makes sense for them to do it to hold attention but TA nonetheless.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Burning yourself while cooking.
    “Run your hand under the cold tap for 10 minutes”
    - not exactly practical when food is ready and needs to be served up to the family.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement