Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

In other TAs, I've been scouring the web for recipes that didn't mention "cups" or "boxes of cake mix". I found one that really took the biscuits, in TA terms: the recipe contained cups, grams, millilitres and ounces. But hey, no cake mix, at least...

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

I see those cup measurements coming over here... Just use actual measurements you bastards!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I see those cup measurements coming over here... Just use actual measurements you bastards!
    Speaking of- ta how we as a country are all over the shop as regards measurements . We took on the metric system ages ago but loads of people still talk in miles, yards, feet & inches, stones & lbs.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,964 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Hard to break habits. I use km when driving, but I still prefer to hear mpg to kmpg as I can't figure it out no matter how many times I try. Still use stone and pounds, but only when weighing myself and I don't do that very often. I didn't know feet and inches was replaced, still use that often.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Hard to break habits. I use km when driving, but I still prefer to hear mpg to kmpg as I can't figure it out no matter how many times I try. Still use stone and pounds, but only when weighing myself and I don't do that very often. I didn't know feet and inches was replaced, still use that often.

I still prefer MPG. for metric they use L/100KM and i can never figure out if a figure quoted is good unless i get out a calculator.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

I booked with Ryanair to go to London in Feburary 2020.
    Due to family circumstances, I had to cancel the trip so I emailed them at the time to see could I get a refund of the government fee.
    Covid happened a month later so I totally forgot about that insignificant request.
    In the meantime, I had to bombard Ryanair for a whole 9 months to get a refund for a trip to Spain that we had also booked for last summer that they cancelled due to Covid.
    Eventually after countless emails and filling in the same refund form over and over, I got the full Spanish flights refunded.
    THEN...this week, 13 months on, I got an email to say my request for the government fee refund for the flight to London in February 2020 was denied due to administrative fees out weighing the government fee owed to me!
    I burst out laughing when I got that email.
    There should be an award for their incompetence.

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I still prefer MPG. for metric they use L/100KM and i can never figure out if a figure quoted is good unless i get out a calculator.

Similar as when I am.judging a house size I need to see the sq feet as I know what that means in relation to a conceptual area. And I use metric for everything I can such as weight, height, distance etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,639 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

New Home wrote: »
    Oh, it's not the liking their dogs I've a problem with, I love animals. I do take issue with the programme, though. First we have "The Next Top Model" (it HAS to be televised, or else nobody could ever be chosen to parade clothes up and down a catwalk ever again). But then, when Jo(sephin)e Soap's attention starts to wane and the ratings drop, the big TV honchos decide to modernise the format. What can we replace the women with? Oh, I know, DOGS!!! Because DOGS have such a big ego and they thrive on the challenge of being judged for their appearance... they've been dreaming of becoming The Next Dog Model since they were ickle pups... :rolleyes: And what better way of keeping the public entertained with cat fights, sob stories, rivalry, etc? And when dogs don't grab the public's attention any more, we'll probably replace them with the next wall of drying paint, "50 shades of whatever on an accent wall" (c) (tm).

I suppose it is a TA or could be the opposite depending on your humour. I seem to remember there was a programme about Hitler on one of those History channels. Except the programme was not exactly about Hitler. They run out tangents after a while it seems. It was basically about Hitler's dog. Complete with sinister and dramatic music along with images of the dog, wagging the tail at Hitler. Blondi I believe was the dog's name.

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I booked with Ryanair to go to London in Feburary 2020.
    Due to family circumstances, I had to cancel the trip so I emailed them at the time to see could I get a refund of the government fee.
    Covid happened a month later so I totally forgot about that insignificant request.
    In the meantime, I had to bombard Ryanair for a whole 9 months to get a refund for a trip to Spain that we had also booked for last summer that they cancelled due to Covid.
    Eventually after countless emails and filling in the same refund form over and over, I got the full Spanish flights refunded.
    THEN...this week, 13 months on, I got an email to say my request for the government fee refund for the flight to London in February 2020 was denied due to administrative fees out weighing the government fee owed to me!
    I burst out laughing when I got that email.
    There should be an award for their incompetence.
    529919.jpg

These infuriating pop up ads they have on here now. When you go to a new page and are just about to click on something up pops an advert which pushes the whole page down so you end up clicking on the ad by mistake and get taken to a new page...Why I oughtta! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,310 ✭✭✭✭blade1

I'm ta'd at everything today.
    Wait did I just hear someone breathing?? :mad: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Trying to run in that wind. In fact, the wind in general, I'm so sick of it. Living in fear of a dog poo bag being blown back over my hand just as I'm about to pick up. Have had far too many near-misses over the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭tscul32

Teenagers. That's all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Decided to sort out the kids’ socks. Scoured the whole house for them. Gathered them all up. Match up the pairs.

I’ve ended up with 97 unmatched socks. Ninety fücking seven!!!

Not only does that mean that I’m left with a pile of 97 useless socks, but it means that there’s still 97 other unaccounted-for socks around the house that I can’t find.

WTF, like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

*62% of 2 people agree.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Put some chicken in the oven, TA is i left my tin of chocolate biscuits on the top. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I went out to buy flowers for myself, came home with food and booze, no flowers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

The amount of discarded masks on footpaths, It seems to have overtaken the amount of dog poo.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The amount of discarded masks on footpaths, It seems to have overtaken the amount of dog poo.

To be fair I think some might have gotten caught in the wind as I nearly lost one there on Friday but yeah it is a scummy thing to see on the ground.

It was disposable gloves this time last year as well. Fecking everywhere they were. All along the side of the road- people would ditch them before they got into their car. Nobody is using them anymore so you hardly see them now.
    People can be such thoughtless twerps.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I see alot of the throwaway blue masks on the roads. But there are also the store bought black masks as well. None of them are recyclable. I just can't fathom the ignorance of it.

I went out to buy flowers for myself, came home with food and booze, no flowers.
    I think you wanted the TH thread :pac:

Why do ITV keep showing the Smokie &The Bandit films in the middle of the day and editing the hell out of them? Some crap and really obvious cuts and dubbing.

Same on C4 they cut lumps out of The Simpsons, Malcolm in The Middle etc.

Button flies.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭4Ad

And the annoyance is ?? Enjoy !!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

A small & thin granola stalk stuck between two front teeth. Brushing, flossing and rinsing not shifting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

What food and what booze Surreptitious?!

I just brushed my teeth but now i want a crisp sandwich but it will taste gross cos of the toothpaste. Im drinking water to get rid of the toothpaste but that means I'll be running to the toilet all night.

Damn you king crisps for luring me in.. and you can go to hell too tiger loaf!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Porklife wrote: »
    What food and what booze Surreptitious?!

I just brushed my teeth but now i want a crisp sandwich but it will taste gross cos of the toothpaste. Im drinking water to get rid of the toothpaste but that means I'll be running to the toilet all night.

Damn you king crisps for luring me in.. and you can go to hell too tiger loaf!

Captain Morgan, water, spice box, fruit, bread, chili focaccia and stuff for my toasted specials. Some snacks too :)

Button flies.

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.

My TA is that I've a tragic case of Sunday Night's Glenroes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    To be fair I think some might have gotten caught in the wind as I nearly lost one there on Friday but yeah it is a scummy thing to see on the ground.

It's been going on for the guts of year now. Nothing to do with the weather, just people being horrible fcuking litterbugs.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement