Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭donegal_man

Archeron wrote: »
    Send them a response saying dont forget Selma, they are twins so its her day too.

Brilliant, I love it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Got made redundant in work today

Not a Covid issue, is a bank

I texted a WhatsApp group of my friends (not big, 6 of us) and said I was sad and I hoped in a few months I could ask for help for networking & keeping an eye out for roles. I already did the same for them

One of the group laughed and mocked the situation:( A bit like “ha ha loser” .I’m not angry, just disappointed. I knew them over 10 years and don’t know they were capable of that

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

mikemac2 wrote: »

That’s poxy. Very disappointing what your mate did too. I hope it all works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I went to Aldi to specifically get milk.

Got a load of random impulse buys & guess what I forgot to get.

The fuppin MILK!!

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

I texted a WhatsApp group of my friends (not big, 6 of us) and said I was sad and I hoped in a few months I could ask for help for networking & keeping an eye out for roles. I already did the same for them

One of the group laughed and mocked the situation:( A bit like “ha ha loser” .I’m not angry, just disappointed. I knew them over 10 years and don’t know they were capable of that

Sorry to hear that mike.

Makes my TA pale into insignificance. Hope you get sorted with a new job soon.

Bit mean & harsh of your friend. I'm sure there was no malice intended, just very ill timed bantery comments

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

He who laughs last, laughs the longest. Hugs

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Mikemac, im so sorry that happened. Life is an absolute bitch sometimes. I hope you're feeling a little better.
    People have shocked and surprised me too over the last while and its disappointing as you described.
    True friends wouldn't mock you though so you're probably better off without those clowns.
    Hurtful none the less but you'll get through. You have all of us here.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Night owl gal

Not very trivial, but being addicted to a drug. I know im in for a long and hard road

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

People who use the phrase 'man up'.
    Oh what a catchy little saying, now I've got one for you: Get stuffed! :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,167 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The green coloured food and drink that were always American nonsense on Patrick's Day catching on over here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Patrick2010

Neighbor hammering away , there goes my Paddy’s day lie in. May as well get up

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

People who use the phrase 'man up'.
    Oh what a catchy little saying, now I've got one for you: Get stuffed! :mad:

That and 'put on your big girl pants' :rolleyes:

I have never heard anyone say it, thankfully, but see it occasionally online.

How about **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

It's Saint Patrick's Day, not Paddy's Day and most definitely not Patty's Day which was on a corporate e-card (another piece of marketing gob****tery) that popped up in my inbox at work today.

They might have a reputation for being fond of their food, but a whole day to celebrate a flattened bit of ground meat is a bit much.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

That and 'put on your big girl pants' :rolleyes:

I have never heard anyone say it, thankfully, but see it occasionally online.

How about **** off.

Once had a boss who used to say it to us. Only sorry now that I never got a dig in about hers being actual big girl pants. TA retrospective bravery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Looking for something specific on all the sites.
    T/A with the amount of "first to see will buy"... eh no.
    Also T/A with "no timewasters". Well put the effin details in the ad so, clown!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Update on my rant about my boss in post #8863.

She apologised for her behaviour and said she was just annoyed that nothing was in place in the location I was working and that I just happened to be there and used me as something to vent at. She also made frustratingly valid points about what happened last year, that made me think about my own approach to people who get on my bad side in work (I have a tendency to say what I think to the person in question instead of taking a step back and reporting it to my boss first, without vitriol, which is something I have a lot of difficulty doing because, as I said, my back is always up). She said I lost the two positions because the people in there didn't want me back and once they make that call my boss can't argue with them (her company needs the rapport with their company, it's weird corporate ****e I don't understand).

I think these were things she was dying to say to me but left it alone for too long and it probably got worse. The last thing I want is a bad relationship with my boss and thankfully she's on the same boat.

I know this technically isn't a trivial annoyance, but I used this as a platform to vent my frustrations, I might as well use it as a book end as well.

She basically wants me to just keep my head down and do the work and if anyone annoys me, ignore them, but DON'T ignore them. Report it immediately so that it's officially on record. *noted*

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Sneezing in bed without access to tissues - always a bad start to the day.

The green coloured food and drink that were always American nonsense on Patrick's Day catching on over here.
    tumblr_p5otgsfY2k1v2f52no1_400.jpg
    :pac:
    Very TAd that every Patricks day in living memory has been horrible weather: baltic, rain coming down in stair rods, even snow sometimes!
    Now the one year where there is no parades and you can't go anywhere and the weather is only bleedin gorgeous :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Company taglines.

"One planet. One health."

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??!?

It is what it's.

oneweb wrote: »
    Company taglines.

"One planet. One health."

WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MEAN??!?
    And they pay some PR/advertising company thousands to come up with a stupid line like that :confused:

• Advertisement

Miss going to the parade this year even though they're always ****.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The tooth fairy has to come tonight and not a scrap of cash in the house.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Leave a tube of toothpaste and a toothbrush! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭secondrowgal

Not very trivial, but being addicted to a drug. I know im in for a long and hard road
    Good luck nog! You’ve taken the 1st step, admitting it! You go girl!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Had this last week. Had to nick 2 euro out of the piggy bank of one kid to give to the one who lost the tooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Don't ya know that she accepts plastic now? :)

To thine own self be true

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've just come across an even better solution:

1275822956359319552-png__700.jpg

...and if that doesn't work, or you need to buy more time...

868092652553740288-png__700.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I work in the afternoons and finish in the evenings. I love getting up early so that I have half a day of free time to myself before I head off.

I'm TA that, since returning to work on Monday, I haven't been able to get my old routine back on track yet. I keep snoozing twenty different alarms on my phone and getting up later than I initially planned. Before the New Year lockdown I used to get up at the same time as my other half (around 6.30-7am) so I could see her before she left for work, then I'd go off and do my own thing - tidy the house, have breakfast, make coffee and then sit down and play video games or, if my head was in the right place, do something creative before it was time to leave.

Trial and error. I'll eventually get into the swing of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

My house STINKS of cat today. All windows open to try get rid of it but it's not shifting. WTF cats. Not cool.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement