Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

2. Tennis courts can open but you can only play with yourself

Ehr.... I'm sure that's frowned upon. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

The last few hours on a friday. Was hoping for an easy ride but stormy waters instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

New Home wrote: »

If you don't make a racket & just use your own ....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    A customer arguing with me, the licensing authority, about what our licences cover. I've worked here for 8 years mate, I think I know what we do and do not licence. And I don't care what your "friend" who owns a bar says.

Did you laugh? Please say yes. :)

Gotta love Pub-o-pedia.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Oh God I'm so weary of all these Government ads at the moment:

"Covid 19 is here" (yeah its been here almost 9 weeks now, WE KNOW)
    "We're all in this together"
    "we need to stay safe" step 1, step 2, step 3, step 4............ supported by the Government of Ireland.

actually all of them seem to be read by the very same person too......this kind of breathy, empathetic, doomsayer voice that drones on and on and on. I'm sick to death of EVERY SINGLE ad break featuring numerous bloody announcements! There will be another one after Leo's announcement this afternoon ;

1. Garden centres can open but you must remain fearful at all times
    2. Tennis courts can open but you can only play with yourself
    3. Golf courses are open but only if you walk 5km with your clubs on your back to get there........................drone, drone, drone.........

I feel like I'm in some kind of weird bubble and everything I do is decided by a female robot sponsored by the Govt of Ireland. These ads are making me angry now.

Haha great rant 😀

I feel like we're living in an episode of Black Mirror. The ads on a loop in Dunnes are driving me crazy too.
    " Social distancing is here" - it is? Huh..that's news to me cos I've been living under a rock in a cave with my fingers in my ears.
    "We'll keep stocking the shelves" - well I should hope so, that is your job after all.
    "Only shop for essential items" - no! I'm making pad Thai and will buy paq choi if I want to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

New Home wrote: »

Something something... joke about balls... something...

TA I'm too tired to formulate a joke where there is a perfectly good opportunity to do so!

Antares35 wrote: »

TA I'm too tired to formulate a joke where there is a perfectly good opportunity to do so!

Well I still laughed :)

TA my teeth hurt from stress grinding.

or "love all" maybe...............but I'm tired too and I'm not even pregnant ;)

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Porklife wrote: »
    Well I still laughed :)

TA my teeth hurt from stress grinding.

.....actually joking aside this is true for me too! Big TA
    I've been grinding my teeth so much at night lately that they're aching in the morning. In fact one has got a bit loose :eek::eek:
    Got a Bruxguard from Amazon this week and its really helped a lot.
    Just shows a lot of stress building up!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I have an annoyance which is trivial insofar as it is pre-emptive.

Basically, I am annoyed in advance at the idea (or certainty) that there will be a mass hysteria on Monday as gormless gobsh*tes rush to hardware stores and garden centres just to buy stuff. The fine weather forecast will not help the situation, as Irish people still suffer from what I call the "Summer Barbeque Fallacy" which is essentially this: "The weather is nice now and therefore it will continue nice all summer. Even though I know it is a temporary blip and the sh*te weather will return in 72 hours, I shall now go and blow all my money on garden furniture, BBQs, paint and paddling pools".

I can only imagine the fracas that will be observed on Monday as what can only be described as DIY zombies kill each other over swing sets and lavender plants. Followed of course in exactly two weeks by a spike in the number of cases.

Tesco in Finglas had to close their F&F section because people were behaving like animals to get at the discount clothes, stripping off in the aisle and trying stuff onto their sweaty, manic selves and hitting each other over the head with frozen drumsticks for the last 56GG bra :pac:

I don't even want to think about the Penneys re-opening.

God help us all.

.....actually joking aside this is true for me too! Big TA
    I've been grinding my teeth so much at night lately that they're aching in the morning. In fact one has got a bit loose :eek::eek:
    Got a Bruxguard from Amazon this week and its really helped a lot.
    Just shows a lot of stress building up!

It's terrible isn't it...my sister who is usually very chilled was grinding her teeth so hard that her teeth cracked and it cost her 3 grand in dental work!
    Maybe I should get a guard too. Hopefully this ****s off soon and we can go back to being smiley happy people:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

God help us all.

Make no mistake, Paddy, Patricia and spud headed offspring with bad haircuts in tow will be laying siege to each and every hardware shop.

It's terrible isn't it...my sister who is usually very chilled was grinding her teeth so hard that her teeth cracked and it cost her 3 grand in dental work!
    Maybe I should get a guard too. Hopefully this ****s off soon and we can go back to being smiley happy people:)

OMG :eek: This is what I was worried about. I actually got to my dentist this week as a crown also fell out (probably thanks to the grinding) but even before that I was googling about my teeth being achy and sore and it all pointed to grinding. Dentist stuck the crown back in and gum shield is brilliant.

I think there are huge levels of stress building up! I seem to be constantly waking at night and constantly worrying about people I know and other things.

You think you're coping till your teeth fall out! :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Next door's 2-year-old is out again with mammy. Little boy from across the road drove past on his little trike, and she started crying because he looked at her. She's being mollycoddled now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Next door's 2-year-old is out again with mammy. Little boy from across the road drove past on his little trike, and she started crying because he looked at her. She's being mollycoddled now.

I know it's a trivial annoyance for you, but until you have your own children please don't judge.

Toddlers turn into little sh1ts at 2 or 3..... The terrible twos are well documented.

We are also in the middle of a pandemic so I'd say her routine is also disturbed. I would also say her parents are well stressed out..... Be happy you can close the door :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

"Only shop for essential items"

I assume they are not selling non essential items then?
    Coca cola for example. Has that been removed from the shelves?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,117 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Oh God I'm so weary of all these Government ads at the moment:

Ugh yes, and the quasi business BS-speak that goes with them. If i hear about a "roadmap" again I'll smash the radio.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

storker wrote: »
    Did you laugh? Please say yes. :)

Gotta love Pub-o-pedia.

It was in an email thankfully, coz most likely I would've laughed down the phone at him. I sent him another perfectly polite email layout exactly the difference between the licence he THINKS his boss needs and the licence that he ACTUALLY needs. He just emailed me back a mobile phone number.

Which is cute coz he thinks I'm going to phone him. :rolleyes: Jog on love.

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    He just emailed me back a mobile phone number.

Which is cute coz he thinks I'm going to phone him. :rolleyes: Jog on love.

Omg the arrogance of that.

His not yours :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

Antares35 wrote:
    God help us all.

:pac: it's funny because it's true... Good luck with everything coming ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 331 ✭✭All that fandango

Love following Joe Wicks but he does this really annoying thing of sticking his back in and doing this "errrrrrrrrrrr" noise as if he thinks he's hilarious.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,235 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Fed up of the constant stream of media infatuation with Normal People.

Saw an article on FB of a list of the places that featured in the show. I mean, it's set in Ireland, are they meant to travel abroad to shoot or what? And at least when Game of Thrones used a few Irish places, it was kind of cool being as it was the biggest tv show of all-time. Again, this is an adaptation of a novel set in Sligo and Dublin- not exactly the same league is it?

And I've seen a lot of news sites geared towards women which are basically a shrine to the male lead. God only knows if there was as many comments on Daisy Edgar-Jones' looks it would be seen as misogynistic and sexist. They were both playing leaving cert students early on in the show, not a bit creepy getting all lusty no?

Crappy pots/saucepans that don’t sit flush against the surface of the hob

Avocados being sold as “perfectly ripe” on the packet when they may as well be made of wood

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I know it's a trivial annoyance for you, but until you have your own children please don't judge.

Toddlers turn into little sh1ts at 2 or 3..... The terrible twos are well documented.

We are also in the middle of a pandemic so I'd say her routine is also disturbed. I would also say her parents are well stressed out..... Be happy you can close the door :)

No, I'll keep judging. It's annoying.

My trivial annoyance is a grown a$$ man repeatedly complaining about a 2 year old.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It was said on here already but, people in cars staring at you when you are walking this last month.
    Suprised there aren't more accidents with all the slack-jawed gawkers.

OMG :eek: This is what I was worried about. I actually got to my dentist this week as a crown also fell out (probably thanks to the grinding) but even before that I was googling about my teeth being achy and sore and it all pointed to grinding. Dentist stuck the crown back in and gum shield is brilliant.

I think there are huge levels of stress building up! I seem to be constantly waking at night and constantly worrying about people I know and other things.

You think you're coping till your teeth fall out! :D:D

Completely understand. My jaw is aching and it hurts to eat because my teeth are so worn down from grinding. I ****ing hate this goddamn virus. To he honest, I'm starting to question the necessity of all this social distancing and hysteria. It's a flu virus. Get over it.
    I'm having nightmares too and my anxiety is through the roof. Very much over this background sense of unease. I miss everything and everyone including myself because I feel like a shell at the moment.

TA that I'm as emotional as a teenage girl right now even though I'm mid 30s.

**** you coronavirus...**** you twice 😠

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I assume they are not selling non essential items then?
    Coca cola for example. Has that been removed from the shelves?

Thank you! My thoughts exactly and what I deem essential may not be what Dunnes ****ing stores deems essential. At the moment, my world revolves around cooking and baking because I've **** all else to do and to me...yes me Mr. Covid... almond flakes and dedicated coconut ARE ESSENTIAL!!!

Damn that felt good.

Oh my TA...it's mid afternoon and my lazy ass flatmate just ordered pizza. Use the oven you absolute wanker or go to Dunnes and buy essential items and cook the **** out of them you bastard!!

Ugh...not having a great day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,759 ✭✭✭SmallTeapot

Love following Joe Wicks but he does this really annoying thing of sticking his back in and doing this "errrrrrrrrrrr" noise as if he thinks he's hilarious.

Me too - I thought I was the only one. He’s a great guy, but it irks me when he does this. It’s actually cringeworthy!

My TA is that I want to buy new bed linen, but I can’t make decision because (1) I usually like to feel them in person to see if they’re rough - as thread count figures can be deceiving, (2) there are loads of brands to choose from, that I can’t tell which ones are decent quality or have inflated prices (the paradox of choice!)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement