Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

I'm annoyed that I'm not on a desert island having a nap in a hammock.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

matress ads that show people sleeping on a bare matress. Usually no duvet or blanket either.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Seanachai wrote: »
    TA that almost anything I pick to buy online is 'currently unavailable' or it's not available in my size.

Same. What's makes it worse is I keep getting reminder emails about spending my points and the baby club offers etc (yes Boots looking at you!) and then when I click on the link, everything is gone except premie/ up to 7lb stuff. FFS. Stop telling me to buy stuff you don't even have :(

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

I am wearing glasses today for the first time in years (normally wear contacts) and the world is a weird place. Everything seems a little smaller and is bendy around the edges.

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I am wearing glasses today for the first time in years (normally wear contacts) and the world is a weird place. Everything seems a little smaller and is bendy around the edges.

Be careful if going down a flight of stairs. I always forget about the blind bits when you look down!

• Advertisement

TA by rhyming protest slogans. Things like "Kill the Bill" and "Repeal the Seal". I remember during the 8th amendment referendum there were some idiots going around chanting about "Ovaries and Rosaries". Hello, the ovaries had nothing to do with it (or a walk on part at best) - you just didn't like the sound of "take your rosaries off my uterus". But dont let a basic knowledge of the human anatomy get in the way of your need to be a poet.

And it isn't anything to do with the protests themselves - in fact I'm largely in support of the above mentioned items , it's just the "mandatory rhyming" that TAs me. It doesn't have to rhyme to be credible or just.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

A house nearby has recently got a cat. It’s driving my dog, and 2 other neighbour’s dogs, crazy. I’m also, now, fearing for the little mouse, possibly mice, that lives around the trees down the end of the garden.

I should point out I’m not anti-cat, just this one getting my dog, and others, barking all the time when they’re out.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Bringing my mother into her GP for series of tests, recovering from a heavy fall one month ago and needs physical support. In she goes, lady at door holds hand up for me. "You can't come in". "I'm her son, is this mask I'm wearing not sufficient? The two previous occasions I was allowed in with her. And there are forty vacant seats". "You can't come in". "Are you going to offer me a valid explanation". "Em, Covid numbers are through the roof again. But here's a nice stool and you can sit outside at a safe distance from the building".

You can draw your own conclusions, fear narrative being pumped out on a daily basis has people afraid of their shadow.

Bringing my mother into her GP for series of tests, recovering from a heavy fall one month ago and needs physical support. In she goes, lady at door holds hand up for me. "You can't come in". "I'm her son, is this mask I'm wearing not sufficient? The two previous occasions I was allowed in with her. And there are forty vacant seats". "You can't come in". "Are you going to offer me a valid explanation". "Em, Covid numbers are through the roof again. But here's a nice stool and you can sit outside at a safe distance from the building".

You can draw your own conclusions, fear narrative being pumped out on a daily basis has people afraid of their shadow.

Surely being her accompaniment would be a legitimate reason? What is wrong with people. And they're probably the same ones going off for 50km drives at the weekend, getting covid cones from ice cream vans and stopping off at Lidl with the whole family to pick up "essential" shrubs and potting compost. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got a new mug yesterday, one of the thermal ones that keeps your drinks hot. Made tea in it this morning, forgot it was a thermal one and took a big slug of tea.

THE PAIN :eek::eek:

At least we know it works I suppose :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Flicked over to This Morning as there was feck all else on the telly and waiting to get more channels installed.

There was a cooking segment where the professional chef was baking some lovely looking buns. He was trying to talk through a few key steps, but Holly and Philip kept interrupting him every few seconds with total waffle.

At one stage they were almost conducting their own discussion while he was attempting to instruct to the camera, and you could tell he was getting a bit pissed off at their antics.

I don't ever watch the show, and it makes me wonder whether they carry on like that with guests the whole time. If so, they are incredibly rude and un-professional.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Got an email requesting an appointment yesterday. Got another this morning asking for confirmation. We don't work Sundays and she knows that.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Got an email requesting an appointment yesterday. Got another this morning asking for confirmation. We don't work Sundays and she knows that.

Make sure you remind them when replying

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Make sure you remind them when replying

I did! She's Chinese which I only mention because the few Chinese people I've worked with seem to have no problem doing 6-7 day weeks.

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Flicked over to This Morning as there was feck all else on the telly and waiting to get more channels installed.

There was a cooking segment where the professional chef was baking some lovely looking buns. He was trying to talk through a few key steps, but Holly and Philip kept interrupting him every few seconds with total waffle.

At one stage they were almost conducting their own discussion while he was attempting to instruct to the camera, and you could tell he was getting a bit pissed off at their antics.

I don't ever watch the show, and it makes me wonder whether they carry on like that with guests the whole time. If so, they are incredibly rude and un-professional.

I don't watch it either but happened to see a clip recently where Schofield was unbelievably rude to a chef who was doing a cooking demo. He actually insulted him about the food that the chef had prepared. Ignoramus.

I don't watch it either but happened to see a clip recently where Schofield was unbelievably rude to a chef who was doing a cooking demo. He actually insulted him about the food that the chef had prepared. Ignoramus.

But he's really brave and a hero for coming out so it's all forgiven :D I never watched it either but any clips I saw were always just the two of them laughing at smutty stuff together like two schoolgirls. Grow up like. It's like they're so cliquey and their guests are just outsiders or something :( TA now I'm TAd by them! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,149 ✭✭✭Be right back

I saw something about it, wondering if it was a prank by Ant and Dec for their Saturday night programme. I usually find them very annoying too.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Antares35 wrote: »

I hate truffles and of course they have very good looking people eating them

• Advertisement

I hate truffles and of course they have very good looking people eating them

That's another TA, big happy, over-toothed posers chomping down on food in the media. You see it all the time with salads too - usually women, absolutely delighted with themselves having a good old chuckle with the cucumber as the forkful of leaves has obviously just told them the funniest joke ever. As if anyone would be that happy to be eating a salad. :P

https://www.google.ie/search?q=happy+woman+eating+salad&sxsrf=ALeKk03l9LTuj7qyoqCiI4ApZNwhsT7NJQ:1616431715740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwpeGxrcTvAhWkQxUIHesABKoQ_AUoAXoECBIQAw&biw=1366&bih=625&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=ndmqOJRzIOeCdM

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

That one probably overdid it with the poppy seeds and hemp oil.

That's another TA, big happy, over-toothed posers chomping down on food in the media. You see it all the time with salads too - usually women, absolutely delighted with themselves having a good old chuckle with the cucumber as the forkful of leaves has obviously just told them the funniest joke ever. As if anyone would be that happy to be eating a salad. :P

https://www.google.ie/search?q=happy+woman+eating+salad&sxsrf=ALeKk03l9LTuj7qyoqCiI4ApZNwhsT7NJQ:1616431715740&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwpeGxrcTvAhWkQxUIHesABKoQ_AUoAXoECBIQAw&biw=1366&bih=625&safe=active&ssui=on#imgrc=ndmqOJRzIOeCdM

It's ridiculous. I remember working in one place where they did really good food and one women ordered a small salad as a main course, no dressing at all. (No starter or dessert either) We were there saying why would you bother even going out if you can't treat yourself.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

It's ridiculous. I remember working in one place where they did really good food and one women ordered a small salad as a main course, no dressing at all. (No starter or dessert either) We were there saying why would you bother even going out if you can't treat yourself.
    Maybe she couldn't afford anything else.

Or the salad option in McDonald's :D

New Home wrote: »
    Maybe she couldn't afford anything else.

It was an expensive place but she told the waitress she was on a strict diet and that's why she ordered the salad. It probably cost her 16/13 maybe euro at the time anyway. The dressing would have been free so money wasn't the issue.

Supervalu’s quiche Lorraines inexplicably come with full cherry tomatoes in them...I generally like cherry tomatoes but they’re just not part of a quiche lorraine - they just become soggy pockets of unbelievably hot liquid. Less is more sometimes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Supervalu’s quiche Lorraines inexplicably come with full cherry tomatoes in them...I generally like cherry tomatoes but they’re just not part of a quiche lorraine - they just become soggy pockets of unbelievably hot liquid. Less is more sometimes.

That's ridiculous and would really piss me off too. I got take away soup from a cafe earlier and was told it was sweet potato. There was loads of kale in it, it wasn't even blitzed, it was just loosely swimming around.
    Tell me there's kale in it for gods sake..did you think i wouldn't notice. I hate kale and wouldn't have ordered it had i known!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Hold on until I light my Cuban with this €50 note.

The boom is back baby, now 25% boomier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People that criticise how you like your tea

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement