Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

The "Greta" generation leaving their rubbish at the side of the supermarket after themselves every weekend without fail.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My cat died. Screw this year already. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Antares35 wrote: »

Sorry Antares :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cj maxx wrote: »

Only good thing I can take from it is at least we have the power to stop the pain and free them. It's a sh*t decision but also a privilege to help a friend. Anyway sorry for dragging down the TA thread. :(
    cj maxx wrote: »

Edit, and as he has always given us a laugh in life so he did in death too. As I ran out the door in a panic after speaking to our vet, I just told OH I'd to go and make a decision on what to do. With all that happened I didn't actually tell him that the cat had passed, or that we had helped him too. So when I arrived home and put him back in his bed he looked really peaceful but next thing OH started calling him and I just said, "what are you at?" And he said "oh I thought he'd fancy some ham". The poor guy didn't realise. Didn't know whether to laugh or cry tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

So sorry to hear that, the loss of a pet is always so painful :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

I am sorry to hear that and hope they went easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Ah, I'm really sorry. Take solace in your growing family and vent here away as well. Sending you love.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Xxxx

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭wildwillow

So sorry you've lost your cat. But glad your sense of humour is intact.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,261 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Xxxxx

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

Flicked over to This Morning as there was feck all else on the telly and waiting to get more channels installed.

There was a cooking segment where the professional chef was baking some lovely looking buns. He was trying to talk through a few key steps, but Holly and Philip kept interrupting him every few seconds with total waffle.

At one stage they were almost conducting their own discussion while he was attempting to instruct to the camera, and you could tell he was getting a bit pissed off at their antics.

I don't ever watch the show, and it makes me wonder whether they carry on like that with guests the whole time. If so, they are incredibly rude and un-professional.

I've read since that this might have been an Ant and Dec thing for their show, I don't watch that either. They instruct people via an earpiece to say silly stuff.

If so, it's still very unprofessional, and not at all funny, imo, in this situation.

The clip I saw was from a while back, and that was definitely Schofield being downright rude. No instructions necessary. :rolleyes:

Stresssssssss please go away :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Today's TA... How the [swearword] hell do I [swearword] set [swearword] Amazon Music to keep [swearword] playing [swearword] music after I click play on a track on the [swearword] website???

Also Amazon Music has the worst search function I've used since 1998.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA at people on Twitter who tweet something, get a lot of likes and comments, and then write "wow this blew up quickly!" before swelling their head up even more by saying "look at how great i am! I raise funds!"

Look, doing charity is a nice thing, but do not announce that you do it. It shows you don't give a shít and just do it for the attention.

I just reminded myself of another TA from about 5 or 6 years ago - the ice bucket challenge: people who never donated but done it to "fit in" with the fad anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

Catholic priests complaining they can't get married; they should quit, get married and then convert to the Eastern Catholic Church.

Prepack sandwiches which might as well have sliced pieces of sliotar in them as tomatoes for the texture and taste they represent.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,427 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

Oh no, so sorry to hear that :(

RIP kitty

The non stop news story about Ireland being a racist hellhole.

Show me this perfect non racist country we should benchmark ourselves against.

6 (very short!) videos will take nearly 3 hours to upload to Google Drive :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Pat Kenny show podcasts

However they record these there is only audio in one of my earphones. It’s faint and distant and a bit amateurish tbh.

Every other podcast in the world can get this right. I am sure there sound engineers in Newstalk :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

TA at people on Twitter who tweet something, get a lot of likes and comments, and then write "wow this blew up quickly!" before swelling their head up even more by saying "look at how great i am! I raise funds!"

Look, doing charity is a nice thing, but do not announce that you do it. It shows you don't give a shít and just do it for the attention.

I just reminded myself of another TA from about 5 or 6 years ago - the ice bucket challenge: people who never donated but done it to "fit in" with the fad anyway.

I know workplace bullies who reduced people to tears and created a toxic environment proudly putting on their social media about them doing the Pieta House night walk :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

oneweb wrote: »
    Prepack sandwiches which might as well have sliced pieces of sliotar in them as tomatoes for the texture and taste they represent.

Those awful "Scribbles" pre packed sandwiches with the fancy hipster packaging and containing the bare minimum filling.

TA'd at being too tired too cook this eve after another hectic Tuesday in work. I would love to abolish Tuesdays from the week. Also TA'd at not being able to shop in Penneys for new jocks and socks. My current undies either keep slipping halfways down my arse or keep disappearing up my crack thanks to the worn elastic. I don't fancy paying a fortune for pricey Calvin Klein undies online.

Those awful "Scribbles" pre packed sandwiches with the fancy hipster packaging and containing the bare minimum filling.

Unfamiliar with the brand, so looked them up..

Sales and marketing manager for Around Noon, Gareth Chambers, describes the brand as “fine food with attitude.” Speaking to ShelfLife he said: “We are a fun and progressive company and we wanted to reflect that with our packaging so the branding is conversational and quirky. The products are handmade and the fillings are high quality. Scribbles is a brand that we feel will inject a bit of fun into lunch-time with great packaging and an energetic social media campaign.”

Such utter bollocks.

I don't know any good reason why you should eat prepackaged sarnies regularly unless in extremis like army rations.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

TA'd at being too tired too cook this eve after another hectic Tuesday in work. I would love to abolish Tuesdays from the week. Also TA'd at not being able to shop in Penneys for new jocks and socks. My current undies either keep slipping halfways down my arse or keep disappearing up my crack thanks to the worn elastic. I don't fancy paying a fortune for pricey Calvin Klein undies online.

Dunnes.....my supermarket has a small section of socks and jocks, always did....in my dunnes it's on the cosmetics aisle I think....should tie you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,286 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

The non stop news story about Ireland being a racist hellhole.

Show me this perfect non racist country we should benchmark ourselves against.

Racisim is a form of prejudice and discrimination based on a persons race or ethnicity ...

Being critical regarding people arriving here for economic reasons and using and abusing the asylum system for to further their own successes in life... at the expense of the irish taxpayer isnt racist...

We are financing money away from hospitals, rehabilitive health treatments for our citizens and taxpayers to provide a better quality of life to people from other locations....

Disagreeing with that isnt racist... its common sense.. ...

If after a serious car accident a tax payer and irish citizen needs to learn to walk again but their funding for a spell in the NRH is denied.... 'no funds available'... yet there IS funds available to clothe, house, feed, fund thousands of arrivals from thousands of kilometeres away...?

Hmmm id rather we focused on that kind of injustice as opposed to anything else..

• Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Looked them up looks like that Wicked sh*te from Tesco.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Unfamiliar with the brand, so looked them up..

Sales and marketing manager for Around Noon, Gareth Chambers, describes the brand as “fine food with attitude.” Speaking to ShelfLife he said: “We are a fun and progressive company and we wanted to reflect that with our packaging so the branding is conversational and quirky. The products are handmade and the fillings are high quality. Scribbles is a brand that we feel will inject a bit of fun into lunch-time with great packaging and an energetic social media campaign.”

Such utter bollocks.

I don't know any good reason why you should eat prepackaged sarnies regularly unless in extremis like army rations.

Utter bollocks is right! I can imagine their production kitchen staffed by minimum wage foreign agency workers with a fat, barely literate Lunchlady Doris lookalike supervisor berating the workers if they dare to add more than the allotted filling portion to each sandwich. It's basically strictly portion controlled mass produced crap with fancy packaging and marketing.

Any of those videos with talking lips and eyes superimposed on objects. Ugh, it wasn't amusing the first time.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

“fine food with attitude.”

Kinda groovy, laid back mood...

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

mikemac2 wrote: »
    I know workplace bullies who reduced people to tears and created a toxic environment proudly putting on their social media about them doing the Pieta House night walk :rolleyes:

I had a manager once who single handedly landed one of his subs in therapy who then decided he was doing a cycle to Galway in aid of AWARE. Absolute tool of a man child.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement