Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,428 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    I had a manager once who single handedly landed one of his subs in therapy who then decided he was doing a cycle to Galway in aid of AWARE. Absolute tool of a man child.

As regards employment, in 2021 anybody either genuinely or disingenuously claiming mental health issues is practically untouchable.... we had one guy claiming he had agoraphobia and then spotted in the audience of the Late Late show ffs... he was shopped to management but... ‘ nope, not touching that, he’ll be back when he’s ready... ‘ :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,446 ✭✭✭badabing106

Low battery notification on phone

• Registered Users Posts: 6,277 ✭✭✭Archeron

Boards pages bouncing around like a ping pong ball in a bouncy castle. You click, the link goes blue, but no, somewhere in that sequence a gigantic luminous purple ad for Eir has shoved itself in somewhere and now I've clicked the profile page of some random user who might think I'm stalking them.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Matt Lucas is a bit crap on GBBO.
    If he did it in the character of Marjorie Dawes that would be entertaining.
    At least get him a co-host, he can't carry it by himself.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,287 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Strumms wrote: »
    Racisim is a form of prejudice and discrimination based on a persons race or ethnicity ...

Heard someone Korean being interviewed on radio about racist experiences here.

Being mocked by Dublin youths, well they're dickheads to just about everyone anyway.

Being constantly asked where you are from, annoying maybe, not necessarily racist.
    Being asked where the best Korean restaurant is, again maybe well-meaning but clueless conversation making.
    Being asked are you from the north or the south, well, duh, what do you think? Again sounds more clueless than malicious.

If I had a euro for every mention of alcohol, st paddy's day, accent, The Brits, potatoes, are you from north or south etc I'd have a lot of euros...none of which, unless the same person kept cracking the same unfunny joke multiple times, I take much notice of.
    Besides I like potatoes and drink anyway.

I've been in Asia and probing personal questions from people you've just met is pretty normal there and have never taken offence at those.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,899 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

"accept all cookies"

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,859 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

PsychoPete wrote: »
    "accept all cookies"
    Computer cookies? Hell, no, PFO.

Actual cookies? GIMME!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

Large adverts every few lines down on a news article seem to be the thing now and bloody annoying as hell

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

My TA on a daily basis...

Seriously, fúck people who do this.

image.png

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Tailgaters. Sometimes I see two vehicles so close together I assume that the car behind is being towed.
    If the first car has to brake suddenly for any reason the twerp behind would not even get a chanceto touch the brakes before they crash into the back of them.
    Forgot to mention those absolute arseholes who tailgate you at night with the full beams on and blind you in the mirror. Grrrr!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 22,380 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Strumms wrote: »
    As regards employment, in 2021 anybody either genuinely or disingenuously claiming mental health issues is practically untouchable.... we had one guy claiming he had agoraphobia and then spotted in the audience of the Late Late show ffs... he was shopped to management but... ‘ nope, not touching that, he’ll be back when he’s ready... ‘ :cool:

Depends where you work. My place would give you the heave ho as quick as they could

• Registered Users Posts: 13,177 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

image.png

It's even more gross to be sharing a sugar bag with others during the time we're in :o

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 9,944 ✭✭✭spookwoman

image.png

Bits of butter left in the jam. :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,622 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

spookwoman wrote: »
    Bits of butter left in the jam. :mad:

Oh you don't wanna see the tub of butter in that place. It's nightmare/anger fuel. I opted to eat a dry scone as a result of what I saw.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

image.png

Used to happen in my office for ages until the cleaning lady decided to buy sugar lumps instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,784 ✭✭✭✭gormdubhgorm

Tailgaters. Sometimes I see two vehicles so close together I assume that the car behind is being towed.
    If the first car has to brake suddenly for any reason the twerp behind would not even get a chanceto touch the brakes before they crash into the back of them.
    Forgot to mention those absolute arseholes who tailgate you at night with the full beams on and blind you in the mirror. Grrrr!

I was just going to mention the M50 and tailgating. Then I did a search for 'tailgating, law Ireland'. And what appeared? Only an article about a judge giving out about the common occurrence of tailgating on the m50 feb 2019.

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/crime-and-law/courts/high-court/judge-critical-of-all-too-common-tailgating-on-irish-roads-1.3787069

Some feckers can really put your heart in your mouth. It is madness. I think some must do it for the craic or a buzz or something.
    (I said this, not the judge :D)

Guff about stuff, and stuff about guff.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,762 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Standing on a slug while wearing socks after going outside, briefly, without shoes to save time.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

TA that I can’t find my favourite hoodie and I have no idea where it could be. Makes it even worse that I haven’t gone anywhere so there’s nowhere I could’ve left it, it has to be in the house somewhere

Straining to hear a podcast over a speaker at full volume, then an ad comes on and blasts my ears off.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

"From [PTSB/PayPal etc.]: Your security code is 895...

[Tap to read message]"

Pleeeeease don't make me tap into messages only to have to tap back out again. Put the code first, I'm expecting it after all!!

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,026 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Standing on a slug while wearing socks after going outside, briefly, without shoes to save time.

I heard the worst, most soul-chilling scream from my hallway one night. It didn't sound human. I ran out to see what was happening - half assuming I'd find one of the kids lying in a pool of blood with one of the others standing over them with a kitchen knife.

I find my wife standing there on the tiled floor, white as a sheet, frozen, trembling, with her hands held up beside her face rigid. She was just wearing a dressing gown and barefoot. I look down at her feet. They're covered in sticky green ooze.

Turns out a slug had got in. A very large slug. She had stood on it, barefoot, and it had exploded all over her legs. She just could not move. I had to go an get wipes and a towel and clean her foot and leg and the floor and throw it them away before I could gently lead her by the arm to the sofa in the living room. Utter trauma.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,137 ✭✭✭oneweb

half assuming I'd find one of the kids lying in a pool of blood with one of the others standing over them with a kitchen knife.

[Snip]

She had stood on it, barefoot, and it had exploded all over her legs.

Amputation's the only way to get over that trauma. And shure you've got a kid in mind to do it already!!

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

oneweb wrote: »
    "From [PTSB/PayPal etc.]: Your security code is 895...

[Tap to read message]"

Pleeeeease don't make me tap into messages only to have to tap back out again. Put the code first, I'm expecting it after all!!

Allow notifications in your info bar at the top of phone, you just need to pull down to expose more of the message without exiting the app.

TA with the weather when i cant get out in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,616 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

Straining to hear a podcast over a speaker at full volume, then an ad comes on and blasts my ears off.

The same with programmes on the telly (especially at night). You have the volume up high enough to hear it it, but the ads come on at twice the volume!

(Cue people smugly commenting "I haven't seen an ad in 20 years because I don't watch traditional television.". :rolleyes: Another trivial annoyance... )

• Registered Users Posts: 5,768 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I heard the worst, most soul-chilling scream from my hallway one night. It didn't sound human. I ran out to see what was happening - half assuming I'd find one of the kids lying in a pool of blood with one of the others standing over them with a kitchen knife.

I find my wife standing there on the tiled floor, white as a sheet, frozen, trembling, with her hands held up beside her face rigid. She was just wearing a dressing gown and barefoot. I look down at her feet. They're covered in sticky green ooze.

Turns out a slug had got in. A very large slug. She had stood on it, barefoot, and it had exploded all over her legs. She just could not move. I had to go an get wipes and a towel and clean her foot and leg and the floor and throw it them away before I could gently lead her by the arm to the sofa in the living room. Utter trauma.

Bleeeee!!!! :eek:
    My TA today: I laid a wood floor in my bedroom at the weekend (fcek all to do at the weekend except jobs in the house.) Now when the cat comes in and prowls around during the night, I hear her claws clicking on the floor and the sound wakes me/ keeps me awake. Need to get a rug now or persuade the cat to let me clip her claws! :D:D Have wood floors downstairs but never noticed the sound until now!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

"We're all still at risk from Covid 19, so keep washing those hands and coughing into those elbows..."
    That same ad blasts my head of every morning when im listening to my favourite podcast at a gentle level. I run over and hit mute on the speaker and almost start crying it drives me so crazy! The volume...his voice...the way he says those hands...Covid 19...aahhhhhh!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,609 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

I play a stupid little Harry Potter match 3 game on my phone. It's something to do while I'm making dinner or otherwise bored. It started randomly crashing yesterday and wouldn't open at all. I googled it and there didn't seem to be other problems with it in general so I assumed it had just got corrupted somehow. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked fine. I knew I'd lose all my progress but sure, what harm.

Realised late last night that there had actually been some bigger issue with Android phones yesterday which was causing random apps to crash. A small update fixed the problem. So I lost my progress on the game for nothing.

Porklife wrote: »
    "We're all still at risk from Covid 19, so keep washing those hands and coughing into those elbows..."
    That same ad blasts my head of every morning when im listening to my favourite podcast at a gentle level. I run over and hit mute on the speaker and almost start crying it drives me so crazy! The volume...his voice...the way he says those hands...Covid 19...aahhhhhh!!!

That one and slightly husky Covidgirl ad.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,262 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    I play a stupid little Harry Potter match 3 game on my phone. It's something to do while I'm making dinner or otherwise bored. It started randomly crashing yesterday and wouldn't open at all. I googled it and there didn't seem to be other problems with it in general so I assumed it had just got corrupted somehow. So I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it worked fine. I knew I'd lose all my progress but sure, what harm.

Realised late last night that there had actually been some bigger issue with Android phones yesterday which was causing random apps to crash. A small update fixed the problem. So I lost my progress on the game for nothing.

Your progress might be on their systems server and if you send them an email they can let you know or sort it for you :)

My TA too many dogs on our morning walk

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,355 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Pre-ordered a new phone yesterday and paid a deposit.
    Have to wait a week before they ship it.
    How am I going to last that long at all?
    Just gimme the phone :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement