Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

That one and slightly husky Covidgirl ad.

Oh god..I hate her!! It's like someone said oh you've a nice dulcet tone to your voice and she dialled it up to 11 with the faux huskiness.
    If I smash my speakers in frustration she owes me a new one!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Porklife wrote: »
    Oh god..I hate her!! It's like someone said oh you've a nice dulcet tone to your voice and she dialled it up to 11 with the faux huskiness.
    If I smash my speakers in frustration she owes me a new one!

The way she pronounces "or" as "oaaar".

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Mollyb60 wrote: »
    Realised late last night that there had actually been some bigger issue with Android phones yesterday which was causing random apps to crash. A small update fixed the problem. So I lost my progress on the game for nothing.

Wait, is that why my Spotify kept closing on me out of nowhere after 5 minutes? My last couple of hours in work last night were completely fcking ruined by this!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

When life has taught me in situations like these, the powers that be are just running down the clock, to avoid breaking the law and their lackeys tell me to keep my spirits up*!

* inevitable followed by 'you don't cant know what his decision will be'/'keep plugging away'

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Awake half the night worrying about deadlines and not having a scoobies of how to tackle a new project,
    still like this am, but can't find the motivation to start today's work.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

Woke up with a migraine that just wont go away.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

The newstalk presenter that does the afternoon show. Really annoying accent.

Also the amount of ads on newstalk is unreal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,595 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Wait, is that why my Spotify kept closing on me out of nowhere after 5 minutes? My last couple of hours in work last night were completely fcking ruined by this!

Maybe? There was some issue with a google update yesterday that apparently was causing a load of problems with random apps for people. I couldn't open Viber, outlook, my HP game and maybe others I hadn't noticed. I had to go to the play store and update the google chrome app and it fixed it.

https://www.theverge.com/2021/3/22/22345696/google-android-apps-crashing-fix-system-webview

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I've been having awful problems with Android and various Google apps a few weeks ago. It autoinstalled an update (some version of Android 10 despite my settings which said not to install anything) that completely fecked up my settings and corrupted my memory card. Now I can't disable stuff and it's doing my head in - how is it a "privacy improvement" to have the pre-installed calendar (which I can't remove) have access to my phone, be able to make phone calls and connect to the web without my knowing and have access to body sensors a "privacy improvement"? Why would the calendar need access to body sensors anyway? No thank you, I do NOT want to set a fingerprint control. The worst part is that these options are now greyed out and I can't disable them. If I try to disable/block the app (like the one for feedback, for instance - which, by the way, has some T&Cs attached to it, so if I want to open it to see what it is I have to agree to said T&C without being able to see what they are), it goes "dormant" for, like, 30 seconds, then reset itself. Ditto with various Google apps linked to the last update.

It even changed my access point name settings, so I wasn't able to connect to the internet until I realised what had happened.

The corruption of the MicroSD card is the really the pits, I used it as a backup and it had lots of very important, irreplaceable medical files and photos. I'm now scouring the internet trying to find a way to retrieve them. Apparently it's a known bug, the update looks for your SIM in slot A, and if it's not there it messes up whatever IS in slot A. What's worse, the next upgrade to Android 11 is likely going to brick my phone (also a known bug).

To say that I'm fuming would be an understatement.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

When I hear asthma pronounced as "azma".

To thine own self be true

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Just saw an ad for a chicken place called "Tenderhooks". I know it's a play on the fact they sell tenders but it still annoyed me because so many people say/spell tenterhooks wrong in the first place.

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Just saw an ad for a chicken place called "Tenderhooks". I know it's a play on the fact they sell tenders but it still annoyed me because so many people say/spell tenterhooks wrong in the first place.

....and now those people will say: "it IS tenderhooks - sure look at the sign on that chicken place!"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Dial Hard wrote: »

Especially when ‘Tenderchooks’ was right there in front of them.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Especially when ‘Tenderchooks’ was right there in front of them.

Take a bow, sir.

I am TA by that new radio ad for some brand of crackers (I can't remember the name) - yer wan has the most annoying, singsongy voice; "the sharers, the not-so-sharers...." arghhh!!!

AND:

Lana del Ray and her new album
    I don't like HER name OR the name of her album 'chemtrails over the country club' or something - really, really irritating me for some reason. I don't know if I've ever heard her singing, or talking in an interview, but I've taken a serious dislike to her on the basis of her name.

Is “ahsma” any better? I’d be in that camp. The ‘th’ sound gets lost in the mix.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Can I add exma to that?

Another one:
    Kee-lowmee-tirs.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Pre-wash. Anti-bac liquid. Washing powder. Fabric softener. Scent booster. Ironing water.

What the fork is that all about. A box of Daz or Bold was all that was ever needed. And nowadays for the result and at a fraction of the price, Aldi own-brand does everything I want to my clothes bar fold and put them away.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Is “ahsma” any better? I’d be in that camp. The ‘th’ sound gets lost in the mix.

I don't pronounce Ts either so I'm in that camp too.

To thine own self be true

oneweb wrote: »
    Pre-wash. Anti-bac liquid. Washing powder. Fabric softener. Scent booster. Ironing water.

What the fork is that all about. A box of Daz or Bold was all that was ever needed. And nowadays for the result and at a fraction of the price, Aldi own-brand does everything I want to my clothes bar fold and put them away.

Whatever about the rest, I’m a big fan of the scent booster.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Caught with customs on chef knives I need. Basically I paid three times the price for a Huusk knife. Then had to provide proof why I needed it. Won't be ordering from the UK anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

OH keeps talking to me and sniffing instead of just using a tissue! I don't even care about manners anymore I've just told him you're annoying the hell out of me and I can't focus on what you're saying until you go and use a fúcking tissue. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I am TA by that new radio ad for some brand of crackers (I can't remember the name) - yer wan has the most annoying, singsongy voice; "the sharers, the not-so-sharers...." arghhh!!!

AND:

Lana del Ray and her new album
    I don't like HER name OR the name of her album 'chemtrails over the country club' or something - really, really irritating me for some reason. I don't know if I've ever heard her singing, or talking in an interview, but I've taken a serious dislike to her on the basis of her name.

It's Lana Del Rey - she's a good singer, Born To Die is a fine album.

Her ‘Norman ****ing Rockwell’ one is very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Users who argue that the sky is blue and grass is green on one thread then you see them on another thread arguing that the sky is green and grass is blue :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I love her, saw her at The Marquee one night.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

I sent my sister a picture of my hair last night which is my natural colour, a dark brown, to ask her did she see any grey.
    She goes, oh I can't see the grey but you are definitely going bald. Like WTF? I have so much hair I need it cut.

Talk about kicking someone when they are down.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The light switch been on the other side of the room. Turn on the light do whatever I had to do, hop into bed then realise I've to get back up to turn the light off

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

PsychoPete wrote: »
    The light switch been on the other side of the room. Turn on the light do whatever I had to do, hop into bed then realise I've to get back up to turn the light off

You need to be Muhammad Ali:

"Last night, I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch and was in the bed before the room was dark."

Or get a smart light.

Or a long stick.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,925 ✭✭✭spookwoman

You need to be Muhammad Ali:

"Last night, I cut the light off in my bedroom, hit the switch and was in the bed before the room was dark."

Or get a smart light.

Or a long stick.

Smart Light or better a smart plug, Can hook up a lamp with manual switch and just tell it to turn off without getting out of the bed, cheaper than a bulb that needs replacing :D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement