Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

The series of Domino's ads where people decide to order something different amd disaster strikes.
    It is telling people to never try anything new, just order our bland, greasy, cholesterol filled rubbish every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭beerguts

The current state of RTE 9pm news with the special interest stories they show at the end of the broadcast.
    Example "Cathrach has been collecting vinyls since May this year to sell online and send the funds (€12.50) to our brave oap sitting in their own **** in St. Agatha nursing home in ballyruraldump, ahhhhhhhhhh"
    It's Ron Burgundy level ****. Just tell me the main news dispassionately and move on

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

The series of Domino's ads where people decide to order something different amd disaster strikes.
    It is telling people to never try anything new, just order our bland, greasy, cholesterol filled rubbish every time.

The most annoying part is they order one pizza between four people

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

When I hear asthma pronounced as "azma".

I think Americans pronounce it as "azma".

I pronounce it "ass-ma"

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

During an asthma attack, I pronounce it "Aaaaahhhhhssssssss (cough! cough! cough!) mhhhaaaaaa!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Pawwed Rig wrote: »
    The newstalk presenter that does the afternoon show. Really annoying accent.

Also the amount of ads on newstalk is unreal

I don't know if it's the amount of ads, the quality of the ads or the constant bad news but this morning on my hour long commute to work I decided to listen to music.
    My mood this morning is 100% better than it has been for weeks.

Mudhoney, Stereolab, Tortoise, Sonic Youth, BRMC, Tom Waits and The Specials beats Covid doom and gloom!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN OFF YOUR RADIO FOR A WHILE.

Mudhoney, Stereolab, Tortoise, Sonic Youth, BRMC, Tom Waits and The Specials beats Covid doom and gloom!!!!!!!!!!!

Mudhoney - Kill Yourself
    Stereolab - Nihilist Assault Group
    Tortoise - Prepare Your Coffin
    Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69
    BMRC - Sympathetic Noose
    Tom Waits - Looks Like I'm Up Shít Creek Again
    The Specials - Ghost Town

You're not exactly selling the concept of positivity with this music :D (I kid! I kid! I never listen to the radio, and always listen to my own music for exactly this reason)

Mudhoney - Kill Yourself
    Stereolab - Nihilist Assault Group
    Tortoise - Prepare Your Coffin
    Sonic Youth - Death Valley '69
    BMRC - Sympathetic Noose
    Tom Waits - Looks Like I'm Up Shít Creek Again
    The Specials - Ghost Town

You're not exactly selling the concept of positivity with this music :D (I kid! I kid! I never listen to the radio, and always listen to my own music for exactly this reason)

Ha, ha. None of those songs are right!!
    I did skip over I See a Darkness by Bonnie Prince Billy, though.

But generally, dark music makes me happy!

My TA today: Revenue

My dad died last year. Revenue wrote to me, saying I had to do a tax return for him. One of the things in the tax return is to say how much tax he paid, which is something they obviously already know, but not something that's easy for me to find out.

Repeated attempts to call them ended up with me being on hold for ages, only to be sent to voicemail.

So I submitted an enquiry via MyAccount. I had to use my MyAccount, as they closed access to my Dad's one when they heard he died.

Explained the situation, what I needed, and included a scan of the letter they sent me. Both their letter and my explanation made reference to his death.

I wait an entire month for a reply. Then yesterday I get a short message to say they'll issue an "Employment Detail Summary(EDS)" with the details of the tax he paid, and they close the enquiry. Fine, I think, at least I'll have the information and I'll be able to submit the tax return back to them.

Today, I see an email in my Dad's inbox. From Revenue. Saying that he has a new Document in his MyAccount inbox.

Revenue have sent the EDS to his MyAccount, but he's dead and they've disabled access to it. So I can't get at it. So now I have to go chasing them all over again to get information on how much tax he paid to them, so that I can put it in a form that I have to send back to them.

Serves me right for having a username from Kafka.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Got feedback on our news package that we’re working on for college. Me and my partner are working on a story about student housing, and the critique was that we needed more shots. Grand says I, off to try and organise it.

Just found out my partner lives in a student house, surely he could just have taken video from around his house to accompany the story??? Like seriously? It’s not like we have absolutely no access to a student house, you literally live in one how did you not come up with more shots by yourself? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

spookwoman wrote: »
    Bits of butter left in the jam. :mad:
    Oh you don't wanna see the tub of butter in that place. It's nightmare/anger fuel. I opted to eat a dry scone as a result of what I saw.

I said already that the tub of butter in the place I work is nightmare fuel.

I'm more annoyed that other people find this totally fine, and continue to use it.

image.png

If I saw butter like this in my house, it'd be swiftly thrown in the bin.

Another T.A. specific to this morning is the back of my neck feels stiff and sore. Last year this was the start of me getting a wry neck, which kept me out of work for a week.

This is the 2nd time it's gotten like this in the space of a month. I want to blame my posture when I sit down, but this only seems to happen when I wake up in the morning, and sitting down serves to make it worse. Out comes the muscle gel and paracetamol for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

I've no motivation to do anything today. Not unwell, apart from a never-ending ear infection, but going around in a sort of daze. Even a walk didn't fix it. Feels weird.

When you are a few cars behind a truck which conscientiously pulls over to allow traffic to pass. The car directly behind the truck overtakes but the car in front of you merely pulls out a little and hesitates, thinking - "will I or won't I overtake?", in the meantime the truck runs out of suitable space to be pulled in and pulls out again.

Overtake or else pull over so I can fcuking overtake !!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Got feedback on our news package that we’re working on for college.

Aaaaaanddddd our story's been cut from the final bulletin :(

Horribly disappointed and annoyed, feel like I put in all the hard work for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 853 ✭✭✭crybaby

It's even more gross to be sharing a sugar bag with others during the time we're in :o

Yes, someone may have licked the sugar.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭SAMTALK

When you have that Friday feeling on a Thursday

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

I want my barbers open again. Not just for the haircuts, we always had a great chinwag.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,258 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Bank of Ireland is changing its online banking system, which of course they have made really awkward and annoying to set up.

Turns out I cannot download an app onto my laptop (which is basically like an extra limb I use it so much), only onto a smartphone or tablet. But I don't have enough storage on my phone for another app, and everything on there I use anyway so don't want to delete any existing app.

I wouldn't mind but the online portal works perfectly fine, while the new app has an average 2 star rating and seems to have a load of poor reviews.

Plonkers ruining a perfectly serviceable thing.

I want my barbers open again. Not just for the haircuts, we always had a great chinwag.

Where barbers even that bad to start with

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

The way people in England refer to their dinner as their tea.
    As in “ we had steak and kidney for our tea”

• Advertisement

eisenberg1 wrote: »

It's relatively common in some areas of Ireland to call the evening meal "tea" (especially when the main meal is had earlier in the day can called "dinner" instead of "lunch").

An American colleague of mine was left very confused one morning when a furniture delivery guy in Clare said "after tea" when she asked him what time he'd be able to deliver at. She assumed he was merely prioritising his morning cuppa over his job, and was then very surprised when he turned up at 6.30 that evening.

yeah that sounds just wrong. I have posh English friends and they call it "supper"..... we're having steak and kidney for supper !:D
    Supper to me was a glass of milk when I was small, right before bedtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

While they were "sat".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

well, I am trivially annoyed with.... myself. I bought a €15 hair clippers in Lidl last week and had a go at doing my own hair on Saturday. After about 30 odd min's I took a look at myself in the mirror, all I can say is, I looked like I had been dragged through a hedge backwards by a yeti. Will be using a woolly hat for the next month or so.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

Anything prefixed with "e-"

The internet has been a thing for at least 25 years. Computers far, far longer. Open your eyes and see the electric light. Drop this "electronic-" sh!t.

Dunnes Stores e-gift card, today's example :rolleyes:

It is what it's.

Antares35 wrote: »
    While they were "sat".

“I’m sat here on the floor eating my tea”

Translation ...”I’m eating my dinner outside on the ground”😂

It's relatively common in some areas of Ireland to call the evening meal "tea" (especially when the main meal is had earlier in the day can called "dinner" instead of "lunch").

An American colleague of mine was left very confused one morning when a furniture delivery guy in Clare said "after tea" when she asked him what time he'd be able to deliver at. She assumed he was merely prioritising his morning cuppa over his job, and was then very surprised when he turned up at 6.30 that evening.

Yeah , I suppose the evening meal / teatime thing would be more common with
    The older generations ( says the young fella ��) .

Even on the news here they will say something like
    “ a man was shot in the head in Galway, around teatime”

Maybe it’s a thing from the famine, an Irish obsession with mealtimes.

I always say dinner instead of lunch and in the evenings I'd say teatime, that's how it was when I was growing up in the countryside

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

"He said his client's father is a retired garda and his family would be well regarded and well thought of"

- The fact that anyone, defence or otherwise, thinks this statement is relevant as mitigation to rape, beyond TAs me :(

The inappropriate use of the conditional tense probably annoys me in equal measure.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Antares35 wrote: »
    "He said his client's father is a retired garda and his family would be well regarded and well thought of"

- The fact that anyone, defence or otherwise, thinks this statement is relevant as mitigation to rape, beyond TAs me :(

The inappropriate use of the conditional tense probably annoys me in equal measure.

Good GAA man is the usual drivel

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement