Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Likewise RTE going straight to the parish priest for a comment when someone dies in ye olde tragic circumstances. I haven't a rasher's who my PP is (or even my parish, tbh) nor him me but good old Ore Tee Eee would be straight onto him tomorrow if I happened to expire in newsworthy circumstances.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I was in Dunnes today and walked past the newspaper rack on the way in. The front cover of The Sun was completely given over to Malcolm MacArthur and his opinion on covid and the lockdown. the opinions of a double murderer were deemed worthy of the front page. what an absolute feckin rag.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

That I wasn't there to witness the bollocking the pilot of the ship blocking the Suez got. It would have been a good one :(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,763 ✭✭✭Aglomerado

I don't know if it's the amount of ads, the quality of the ads or the constant bad news but this morning on my hour long commute to work I decided to listen to music.
    My mood this morning is 100% better than it has been for weeks.

Mudhoney, Stereolab, Tortoise, Sonic Youth, BRMC, Tom Waits and The Specials beats Covid doom and gloom!!!!!!!!!!!

TURN OFF YOUR RADIO FOR A WHILE.

I'm a Newstalk addict,but the ads get on my nerves after a while. I can cope with Covid and Vaccines all the time, but the Brady family ham/ quote devil etc ads make me want to go postal. Spotify is my friend! The subscription is worth it, no ads on that!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Watching First Dates and a really trashy looking girl with orange tan and eyelashes that break the 5k rule is asked why she's still single.
    Her answer "Guys are intimidated by me yeah.. they're all like afraid to encroach me.. is that the right word? I need a man yeah..not a boy yeah"

Maybe they don't approach you for fear you'd swipe them with your talons or cover them in fake bake.

TA misplaced deluded confidence of some people these days and girls in their early 20s who'd make Joan Rivers look surgery free.

On a side note, botox jokes never get old :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

cj maxx wrote: »
    That I wasn't there to witness the bollocking the pilot of the ship blocking the Suez got. It would have been a good one :(

There is the audio of him issuing commands but it sounds he is all over the place. A learner driver could park it better than him lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭oneweb

McDonald's feedback survey gives you a discount on a Big Mac & Fries. Which essentially means they don't care for the opinions of anyone who doesn't like Big Macs. How about a free coffee or Coke instead?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

There is the audio of him issuing commands but it sounds he is all over the place. A learner driver could park it better than him lol.

Were they not hit by a massive sandstorm?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Intense hail shower knocking half the tulips in my garden. Look forward to the gradual bloom every March/April, and the glory is gone within seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Back of my neck is in bits today. Tossed and turned all night, sweating with the pain. Trying to do casual neck exercises while I'm sat down to try and relieve some of the pain. I've also tried using some Etoflam but I think I'll have to use it a couple of times within the day to notice any difference.

I'm sooo tired and I've had little sleep. The only thing I'm relieved at today is that I'm only doing a 3 hour shift starting at half 3 this afternoon, so I won't be completely banjaxed by the end of the night. I think a trip to the doctor might have to suffice if this doesn't go away by Monday.

Fcking hate being in pain. Ruins the day for me.

• Advertisement

Kitty6277 wrote: »
    Aaaaaanddddd our story's been cut from the final bulletin :(

Horribly disappointed and annoyed, feel like I put in all the hard work for nothing

That's college generally, no?

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

oneweb wrote: »
    That's college generally, no?

I wouldn’t say so, no

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Likewise RTE going straight to the parish priest for a comment when someone dies in ye olde tragic circumstances. I haven't a rasher's who my PP is (or even my parish, tbh) nor him me but good old Ore Tee Eee would be straight onto him tomorrow if I happened to expire in newsworthy circumstances.

And he'd be saying how Dial was a lovely girl , and all the Hard's are great people :)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

And he'd be saying how Dial was a lovely girl , and all the Hard's are great people :)
    I've been at funerals where the officiating priest hadn't a breeze about the person and never met them. That is grand if they are upfront about it, but sometimes they try to make out like they did know them from info they have got off other people and it comes across really insincere and obvious that they are spoofing it.

Even the member of the family who married into the Awn family and became the Hard-Awns? :o

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

In a shop this morning chatting to the girl behind the deli who told me she wasn't having a great customer day. I just got some sausages so nice and easy and she gave me a big smile. Happy me with my sausages i go to the coffee machine.
    Next lady in line walked up the girl and barked, gimme a breakfast roll with everything on it except egg.
    Nice deli girl gets roll and puts on sausage and rashers, then reaches over to get more stuff from the counter. Reaches for the pudding.
    I don't want pudding, God I hate pudding,
    Okay, would you like mushrooms?
    On a breakfast roll? God no, that's horrible.
    Okay, would you like hash brown?
    Yuck no, they don't belong on a roll.
    Okay, would you like any sauce?
    No.

That's not a breakfast roll with everything, and you don't need to act like a womble because that girl doesn't know you don't like mushrooms.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I've been at funerals where the officiating priest hadn't a breeze about the person and never met them. That is grand if they are upfront about it, but sometimes they try to make out like they did know them from info they have got off other people and it comes across really insincere and obvious that they are spoofing it.

“I didn’t know him but I looked at him and thought there’s a man of faith” :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

That's true.

I also remember hearing about a funeral where the priest used the wrong name for the deceased.

T/A's me, as referred to upthread when the media stick microphones in people's faces, sometimes the local priest, sometimes neighbours, especially after a tragedy, and expect them to say something.

It's so intrusive, and insensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA i was just applying for a job, typing out a cover letter meaning to say ''I am interested in a position within your public body''.

Typed pubic body instead and sent it off.

Now employer must think I love pubic bodies. Which sounds paedo-ish. I'm a nonce who lacks attention to detail. Great first impression.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

The TFI real time bus timetable has been showing the 101 Drogheda bus as "6 minutes " for the last 10 f**king minutes. For whatever reason it always seems to freeze at 6 minutes.

• Advertisement

beerguts wrote: »
    The current state of RTE 9pm news with the special interest stories they show at the end of the broadcast.
    Example "Cathrach has been collecting vinyls since May this year to sell online and send the funds (€12.50) to our brave oap sitting in their own **** in St. Agatha nursing home in ballyruraldump, ahhhhhhhhhh"
    It's Ron Burgundy level ****. Just tell me the main news dispassionately and move on

'Nother one on SixOne this evening - about a bunch of yah-yah heads (yeah I was waiting for any other accent) who got stuck havibng to quarantine in hotels after travelling.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

oneweb wrote: »
    'Nother one on SixOne this evening - about a bunch of yah-yah heads (yeah I was waiting for any other accent) who got stuck havibng to quarantine in hotels after travelling.

Six One using the colloquialism "jab".

Thought we only saw that in the Sunday World.

That's true.

I also remember hearing about a funeral where the priest used the wrong name for the deceased.

Reminds me when I brought the father to a wake. . Coffin was closed so we sat down , had tea an sandwiches. Till after chatting to a few of the people there he taps me on the knee to leave. Right name but completely the wrong man.

That's true.

Reminds me when I brought the father to a wake. . Coffin was closed so we sat down , had tea an sandwiches. Till after chatting to a few of the people there he taps me on the knee to leave. Right name but completely the wrong man.
    Oh cringe :o At least yiz got fed and watered anyway ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,908 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Two bold little five year olds , picking on another five year old in the school yard calling her names and telling her she's trash and stupid , blood is boiling here tbh :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,008 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

We were on holidays in France the year before last, in a rural area that my wife had once lived and worked in. The mobile home we were staying in had a tourist magazine left on the table, and flicking though it, my wife found an article and profile about a local baker - she immediatley jumped up and told me that he was an old friend (reading between the lines, it was obvious that they'd been in some kind of a relationship, long before she knew me).

A few days later, she said that she'd like go to his bakery and see him to say hello. So on our way back from a day trip, we made the detour to the tiny village where this bakery was, attached to a house. It was late in the evening, and the bakery was closed, but my wife rang on an old bell, and and a man came out. My wife has fluent French, and she began speaking to him. He clearly had no English. I've very little French, so I've no idea what they were saying, but he looked a bit taken aback.

He invited us all in, but I could tell that the conversation was very awkward. My wife was being friendly and smiling about things, and he was hardly saying anything, and kind of standing in a defensive way. He was a good 15 years older than my wife, and just didn't seem to be all that friendly or appreciative to see her or us. Next thing, he picks up a big stick of bread and handed it to her, and suddenly my wife turns to me and asks if I have any money. I pull out a tenner, and next thing I know, I'm buying bread from this guy - I'm thinking "This is strange. You'd kind of think that given he's already closed up for the day, you'd think he wouldn't be charging his old friend for a loaf of bread". We took the bread, said very brief goodbyes and left.

Driving out, I said to my wife "That guy wasn't your friend at all, was he?"

She goes "I'm not sure. He has the same name, but he's much older, didn't look anything like him, and I don't think he had any idea who I was."

We'd just landed on a total stranger, confused the hell out of him, and bought bread we didn't need.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

While I cycle to work, there are a set of traffic lights I always find myself stopped at, and for some reason they take way too long to change to green. The other lights are operating grand, but these lights are frozen on red. 5 minutes later (which is a lifetime when you're at lights) and I've lost my patience, so I hop onto the pavement to use the crossing instead. The moment I get to the pedestrian crossing, the light I was sitting at goes green, and now I'm the clown waiting at more lights.

These particular traffic lights have been acting like this for months now, yet they've never been fixed. I know it to be a fault because the other lights will go green and red at rotating times, as they should, but these lights I'm at never change when they should. It's frustrating, especially when I'm on the way to work.

Narrow-minded people.

Health anxiety and what if it isn't anxiety but something real. I was only at the doctor last week thinking I was on the way out. And now I'm tormenting myself again about something else. It's not like I just decide to worry for the craic, something appears or I feel weird or I dunno and then BANG! Anxiety.

My head feels strange. That's my latest one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

I received two emails, in as many days, from two different companies telling me they have
    suffered a data breach.
    Great - I cant wait for the spam emails from the sex-starved Russian ladies who are suddenly all living in my area.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement