Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,936 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

The 4 people who thought that stopping on a footbridge with a buggy for a chat was a good idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Me too - I thought I was the only one. He’s a great guy, but it irks me when he does this. It’s actually cringeworthy!

My TA is that I want to buy new bed linen, but I can’t make decision because (1) I usually like to feel them in person to see if they’re rough - as thread count figures can be deceiving, (2) there are loads of brands to choose from, that I can’t tell which ones are decent quality or have inflated prices (the paradox of choice!)

Minimum 400 thread count is my rule

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Signore Fancy Pants

People on Twitter with a paypal or onlyfans link.

Get fcuked ye cnuts. Why dafuq would anyone give some Twittercnut money for being a Twittercnut.

Cnuts.

Porklife wrote: »
    Minimum 400 thread count is my rule

Thread count doesn't tell you what it's going to feel like, though.
    Really hard to find nice sheets in plain colours that aren't beige or stone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Very true. I stayed in a b n b years ago in Salthill and the sheets were like silk. Unbelievable. I asked the owner about them and he said they were Egyptian cotton 1000 tread count!! I wanted to buy them off him. I'm a terrible sleeper but this was pure heaven.
    Bed linen is an investment.
    All this talk of bed is making me hungry.
    TA that nobody is handing me a cold beer and a sandwich right now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,864 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Me too - I thought I was the only one. He’s a great guy, but it irks me when he does this. It’s actually cringeworthy!

My TA is that I want to buy new bed linen, but I can’t make decision because (1) I usually like to feel them in person to see if they’re rough - as thread count figures can be deceiving, (2) there are loads of brands to choose from, that I can’t tell which ones are decent quality or have inflated prices (the paradox of choice!)

Have you tried bamboo cotton?

I've spent a fortune on Egyptian cotton sheets in arnotts, so I like my sheets...

Homestore and more were doing half-price sheets and linen... Usually the white stuff.. Picked up bamboo cotton for the child's bed... Omg it's soooo soft and smooth in and out of the tumble dryer no problem.

They do sheets offer at least once a year... So worth a try at half price :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

Am pasted to the chair in the garden. Warm and relaxed and lazy.
    And the longer I stay pasted here the less chance of having steak for tea and higher chance of having beans on toast.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,366 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

We got ours when we were in the US. 1000 thread count luxury except the bleedin things are ever so slightly too big for my bed. Annoys the beejaysus out of me that the sheets move when I roll over but they are such good quality that I would be ashamed to dump them :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

My trivial annoyance is a grown a$$ man repeatedly complaining about a 2 year old.

Mine is that the trivial thread is no longer a haven for trivial annoyances which are all being picked apart constantly .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »
    Very true. I stayed in a b n b years ago in Salthill and the sheets were like silk. Unbelievable. I asked the owner about them and he said they were Egyptian cotton 1000 tread count!! I wanted to buy them off him. I'm a terrible sleeper but this was pure heaven.
    Bed linen is an investment.
    All this talk of bed is making me hungry.
    TA that nobody is handing me a cold beer and a sandwich right now.

I genuinely thought that said the sheep were like silk... thought we were in for an interesting story there!

TA lots of people up the forest walks today flouting the 5km restrictions. Zero respect for social distancing. Please put your deranged dog back on its lead. No dont worry about moving to the other side of the path, I'll just haul my 39 weeks pregnant ass into the ditch here to avoid catching anything from you. TA no peace anywhere, even during a pandemic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Get fcuked ye cnuts. Why dafuq would anyone give some Twittercnut money for being a Twittercnut.

Cnuts.

TA that I have no clue what onlyfans is :o

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Jabari Attractive Ram

Cnuts.

wait till they go for jobs and they do an online search....

Few of my grievances

People who go on about living/been to Dubai....3 friends from different groups insist on bringing it up every single time, "oh in Dubai", every social media post "dubai life" or "#mydubai"....its like vegans, how do you know someone went to Dubai...they tell you 800 times

Women (its always women) on social media, mid 20's-30s whinging about holidays....oh i need a holiday/hollibobs/its been so long for a holiday/need to book a holiday...no one cares ye vacousios twits

• Registered Users Posts: 3,246 ✭✭✭ Jabari Attractive Ram

People who go on and on and on about Donald Trump and not being based in USA....friend is becoming so nausating about it, (now im no fan of trump before anyone says anything) but he switches everything back on him, Tags me and other friends into lame memes or crap he says on Facebook, tries to dominate every conversation/text about him and generally being hysterical about him....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

WhatsApp and social media lurkers.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,260 ✭✭✭✭Autosport

The glitch

People in public spaces giving out about people in public spaces.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Head is pounding the last 3 days. Neither Nurofen nor Panadol are working.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Being nagged constantly to do something that is not urgent.

I have a mental to-do list worked out of more urgent jobs and I want to finish those before I do that one :mad:

The fcuking fruit flies this year.
    Our house feels like a refugee camp in a hot climate with the little fcukers.
    Crawling!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

The fcuking fruit flies this year.
    Our house feels like a refugee camp in a hot climate with the little fcukers.
    Crawling!

On a somewhat similar vein: the amount of wasps that are around this year. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,633 ✭✭✭✭Widdershins

Someone's phoning me through some app I don't use.
    It doesn't show on the screen. Apparently they expect me to expend more precious seconds of my life working it out. F**k off I'd rather b1tch about it on Boards. My phone just keeps chirping.
    If I wanted to answer, I couldn't.
    I'm throwing my phone into a French river someday. Ohyes.That day can't come soonenough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I managed to get myself sunburned on a cloudy may day in Ireland. My luck is out.

I made an attempt to trim my mustache this morning. Ended up using the wrong length of blade and didn't realise until half way, had no choice but to keep going, and now I look like Abe Lincoln

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭A Consonant Please Carol

I made an attempt to trim my mustache this morning. Ended up using the wrong length of blade and didn't realise until half way, had no choice but to keep going, and now I look like Abe Lincoln

Better than Hitler... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 40,405 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

I had something stuck in my throat and i coughed so hard i've hurt my neck

• Registered Users Posts: 10,706 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shave the rest. That is a disgusting “look”. Really terrible.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

When deli counters over cook sausage rolls so they're too crispy/ send flakey bits everywhere.

Also, whenever a kitchen cleaner says it's streak free on the bottle it's usually the most streak leaving cleaner known to mankind.

Shave the rest. That is a disgusting “look”. Really terrible.

I think I'll keep it now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,419 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

When doing the food shop yesterday I decided I would pick up some of those bake at home bread rolls for lunch this week. They only had Paul Hollywood's bread in Tesco, all others were sold out.

Just finished baking them and there was no gorgeous smell of freshly baked bread in the kitchen and they are also tasteless :mad:

Hopefully I'll be able to get Country Kitchen in SuperValu/ Dunnes during the week.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement