Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Every second ad on FB is for those all-the-same, ugly, dead-eyed Funko Pops.
    Awful things that only have a passing resemblance to the characters.

Who actually likes these yokes?

I love collecting those things :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

People wearing their ill fitting masks in shops. I am meaning where their noses and mouth are barely covered. But yet hover over you in the aisles.I told one to back away and she made such a fuss you would think I assaulted her.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Google it, grandad.

It's a large headed, puny bodied plastic pop culture collectable figure.

Apologies, W, I’m not well up on nerd “culture”. Bobbleheads don’t bother me, though.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

People using the term "Irish Stew" when they clearly have no idea what Irish Stew actually is.

See also "Shepherd's" Pie made with beef mince.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Every second ad on FB is for those all-the-same, ugly, dead-eyed Funko Pops.
    Awful things that only have a passing resemblance to the characters.

Who actually likes these yokes?

They are creepy. They remind me of the time I visited my brother, and his daughter was mad into this film called Coraline. About having buttons sewn into eyes.

• Advertisement

Clients with notions. Fcuk off, I'm trying to log off for the long weekend.

Ironically, them wanting to comment to media about the Right to Disconnect code of practice is what has me still at work at 7pm on the eve of a banker.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,953 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Couriers TAing me too.
    I have all my work done and have tomorrow off but I'm waiting for a delivery before I can go. Due today before 6:(

Absolute fcukers never showed up!

Dial Hard wrote: »
    See also "Shepherd's" Pie made with beef mince.

Yup.
    I have a bee in my bonnet about that too!

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭lausp

People who sit and eat their food in the drive through collection points at McDonald's, holding up the queue for everyone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

They are creepy. They remind me of the time I visited my brother, and his daughter was mad into this film called Coraline. About having buttons sewn into eyes.

The book is great. The buttons thing is incredibly creepy though, I’ll give you that.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,485 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

Just got rejected from a job I applied to in Belgium so now I get to look at other job ads peppered with nonsense like "self-starter" and "innovative".

We sat again for an hour and a half discussing maps and figures and always getting back to that most damnable creation of the perverted ingenuity of man - the County of Tyrone.

H. H. Asquith

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Spammers on Facebook. They usually bombard the likes of Irish Times / Irish Independent articles with comments about
    1/ Bitcoin
    2/ Spellcasters
    3/ Loans

Some people post responses to them but they never reply. Are they real? Do they have feelings?

Some people post responses to them but they never reply. Are they real? Do they have feelings?

They're bots.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,245 ✭✭✭Poochie05

There seems to be no Easter eggs left in any of the shops

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Being hungry but being to lazy to get up and make food.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

Poochie05 wrote: »

Both Lidl and Supervalu in Balbriggan were clean out of Easter eggs yesterday eve. Dunnes is my last hope.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Housemate boiling a full kettle of water to make a cuppa.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

Both Lidl and Supervalu in Balbriggan were clean out of Easter eggs yesterday eve. Dunnes is my last hope.

I'd be moving there relatively fast now.....none in Tesco yesterday , their shelves were getting bare Wednesday week ago.

I was in 2 lidls yesterday and there was about 20 eggs in each that was first thing in the morning.

Some small local "corner shops" might have them but you will pay.

YFlyer wrote: »

"in consideration for others, please fill the kettle after use"

Those signs really anger me.

Hey! They're saving time refilling it constantly when they want to make another one in future. They're being smart!!!

[TA] Got my first wage after going back to work and I've went a bit mad on a spending spree, now I need to savour the rest of it for the next 2 weeks :pac: Dopamine is a cruel bastard sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

"in consideration for others, please fill the kettle after use"

Those signs really anger me.

I always refill my kettle after I use it. However my kettle has a brita filter built-in and it take a little time after filling before you can use it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

F*ck sake every year it's the same. I haven't got mine yet :(

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

Hey! They're saving time refilling it constantly when they want to make another one in future. They're being smart!!!

Electricity waste.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

Clowns that post on FB about their kid really wanting a certain Easter egg (or xmas toy on Dec 24th)
    "Does anyone know where i can get this egg/toy, little Jimmy/Janet is going to be so disappointed, of course its not my fault its the shop's for not having enough!"

FFS its not like these celebrations come around without warning, yes people they've been here for centuries...

Electricity waste.

It's a waste if you keep boiling it. That's why I bought a thermal flask in the first place. I never have to boil the kettle more than once in the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Clowns that post on FB about their kid really wanting a certain Easter egg (or xmas toy on Dec 24th)
    "Does anyone know where i can get this egg/toy, little Jimmy/Janet is going to be so disappointed, of course its not my fault its the shop's for not having enough!"

FFS its not like these celebrations come around without warning, yes people they've been here for centuries...

I often find people like this are on the beg and hoping they’ll get one for free.
    Also, when people post what time does Lidl close tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Mundo7976

I often find people like this are on the beg and hoping they’ll get one for free.

Exactly. Ridiculous.

Poochie05 wrote: »

Sh*te
    We have them bought for the children but was hoping to pick a couple for my wife and me. Might have to make do with Terry's.

In fairness, you cannot rely on supermarkets' websites to provide correct opening times. Sometimes even the signs outside the shop are incorrect.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

In fairness, you cannot rely on supermarkets' websites to provide correct opening times. Sometimes even the signs outside the shop are incorrect.

I’ve never encountered this apart from maybe at Christmas.
    Lidl and Aldi are fairly the same in my experience.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement