Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

In fairness, you cannot rely on supermarkets' websites to provide correct opening times. Sometimes even the signs outside the shop are incorrect.

and you can rely on randomers on the internet who probably get their information from those same sources?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,090 ✭✭✭Bredabe

I got an appointment for a special test for my dyspraxia after waiting two years, as it's in one of the hospitals, I have to clear the covid protocol.
    After almost a month of someone coughing in my direction and in case on my food, I now have a cold/chest infection.

It takes me ages to get over these things as I have chest issues anyway. So now I have to cancel my appointment and wait possibly another two years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,809 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

I’ve never encountered this apart from maybe at Christmas.
    Lidl and Aldi are fairly the same in my experience.

Dunnes and Tesco are bad for it. My local Dunnes has 8.30am opening time on the sign and online. But it opens at 8.00am which I only discovered recently. I always get up early at weekends and would much prefer to have shopping done as early as possible.
    and you can rely on randomers on the internet who probably get their information from those same sources?

The question is usually asked in local Facebook groups - often will be answered by people who either work there, know someone who does, or regularly shop there.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,204 ✭✭✭Kitty6277

I always refill my kettle after I use it. However my kettle has a brita filter built-in and it take a little time after filling before you can use it.

TA’d that I didn’t know that was a thing :eek: years of having kettles ruined by lime and it could’ve been avoided!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭YFlyer

It's a waste if you keep boiling it. That's why I bought a thermal flask in the first place. I never have to boil the kettle more than once in the day.

Wouldn't expect housemates to utilize a flask.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

My mam is after getting a virus or something on her phone that randomly plays sex noises REALLY loudly every so often. My sister and I crack up every time it happens so she's utterly convinced it was us and is in a MAJOR huff with the two of us as a result.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

Dunnes and Tesco are bad for it. My local Dunnes has 8.30am opening time on the sign and online. But it opens at 8.00am which I only discovered recently. I always get up early at weekends and would much prefer to have shopping done as early as possible.

Well in my area Tesco Lidl and Aldi never change. (Apart from around holidays)
    Dunnes can vary in places.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

People who make a massive deal out of eating meat on Good Friday and how their so cool/bad for doing it!

YFlyer wrote: »
    Wouldn't expect housemates to utilize a flask.

Also, flask tea is gross after about 15 minutes. Just boil the kettle each time, with only the amount of water needed. How many cups of tea a day are people drinking anyway???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Where to start with this one..

I was in my local Tesco Express just before 12 today and this knackball comes in trying to buy cans. The girl behind the counter scanned the hooch then says ah it won't let me do it until 12. The guy looks at me then back at her like Wha da bleedin' ****?! She explains again that it won't allow her to scan alcohol but could he wait 5 minutes and then she can.
    He takes the alternative option of calling her a **** and legging it with the beer.
    I was standing there in shock and said to her..oh my god, are you okay? She glared at me and said What's it to you? I wasn't talkin to you..and walks off.
    Well..there you go. I put my shopping down and walked out. It's a rough city centre Tesco but for Christ sake...I expect to be able to buy bacon and sausages without a side order of abuse.

In fairness she was talking utter sh!te, alcohol times are the same today as any weekday - 10.30am.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,766 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

You don't need to pour the tea in the flask (not the metal ones, the proper Thermos ones, with the glass inside), just the boiling water. And if you think that the water is too cold for your second cuppa, you can bring it back to the boil in no time at all, although in reality I find it doesn't drop below 95°C for aaaages.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,406 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

Porklife wrote: »

I was in my local Tesco Express just before 12 today and this knackball comes in trying to buy cans. The girl behind the counter scanned the hooch then says ah it won't let me do it until 12. The guy looks at me then back at her like Wha da bleedin' ****?! She explains again that it won't allow her to scan alcohol but could he wait 5 minutes and then she can.
    He takes the alternative option of calling her a **** and legging it with the beer.
    I was standing there in shock and said to her..oh my god, are you okay? She glared at me and said What's it to you? I wasn't talkin to you..and walks off.
    Well..there you go. I put my shopping down and walked out. It's a rough city centre Tesco but for Christ sake...I expect to be able to buy bacon and sausages without a side order of abuse.

Stay away from pork products, dude.

Always gives trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Porklife wrote: »

What the actual? Why was she so rude when you were just being nice? What is wrong with people?!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Antares35 wrote: »
    What the actual? Why was she so rude when you were just being nice? What is wrong with people?!!!

I know.. it really upset me :(
    Stupid bitch 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

I genuinely think I will end up in a psychiatric unit if we don't move out of here soon. TA not being able to view anywhere because of restrictions, while everyone else can seemingly go day tripping and do their "essential" DIY shopping in woodies etc. I just can't take the noise anymore. I am a creature who appreciates peace and quiet, and luckily OH is the same. Now we have my family banging and shouting constantly especially when we are trying to get the baby down for a nap. Let's all go into out kitchen and scrape furniture across the wooden floor, shout out to each other that the tea is ready and scrape knives and forks off our plates. Honestly I just wish they'd die sometimes! They seem to think a partition door somehow blocks out all their noise pollution, or they just don't care! Eurgh :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭vriesmays

People complaining about dog poo on grass; surely it's good for the soil.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,868 ✭✭✭Princess Calla

vriesmays wrote: »

Nope! You don't want to pick up after a dog don't get one!

The rest of us want to be able to walk through the grass without the fear or the reality of cleaning poop off our shoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

People who make a massive deal out of eating meat on Good Friday and how their so cool/bad for doing it!

My mother rang me this morning to warn me about eating meat today

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

RTE making a “ comedy” show whereby one of the unfunniest (and unoriginal)
    Comedians in the country, shows mere mortals how to be funny, without actually showing them anything. To be fair, the two I saw weren’t bad for complete novices....but that was no thanks to the bold Bernard IMO.

Not good for children who do a head-over-heels into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Ee1UCjVWsAAVd5O.jpg

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 16,131 ✭✭✭✭iamwhoiam

We would also like to walk on the grass , our children would like to play on the grass and we like our shoes to be poo free and our buggy wheels to be clean .

When you leave positive feedback on Ebay for the wrong item - one that hasn't arrived yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

eisenberg1 wrote: »
    RTE making a “ comedy” show whereby one of the unfunniest (and unoriginal)
    Comedians in the country, shows mere mortals how to be funny, without actually showing them anything. To be fair, the two I saw weren’t bad for complete novices....but that was no thanks to the bold Bernard IMO.

The “tv guy” on Seán Moncrieff was saying that, while he didn’t particularly like the show, it was originally supposed to be a number of comedians mentoring separate “amateurs” but Covid got in the way.

He gave Bernard “credit” for taking it all on but reckons he’s better when he’s got someone with him.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

iamwhoiam wrote: »
    We would also like to walk on the grass , our children would like to play on the grass and we like our shoes to be poo free and our buggy wheels to be clean .

It's also not good for the soil either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭dirkmeister

The increasing trend of journalists being employed by political parties as communication heads etc is really getting on my nerves.

Why would any journalist rock the boat if there’s the chance of a nice job with FF/FG/Soc Dems in a few years?

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭MuffinTop86

Mundo7976 wrote: »
    Clowns that post on FB about their kid really wanting a certain Easter egg (or xmas toy on Dec 24th)
    "Does anyone know where i can get this egg/toy, little Jimmy/Janet is going to be so disappointed, of course its not my fault its the shop's for not having enough!"

FFS its not like these celebrations come around without warning, yes people they've been here for centuries...

This is what happened to me. Somebody posted yesterday in a buy & sell group asking had anyone seen the Kinder Maxi Surprise (yes, also for the toy) and suddenly I realised that was the egg I wanted.
    A commenter said there were one or two in a shop a 5 minute walk away. OH goes to look and nada. Now I’m disappointed over something I didn’t know I wanted!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

This is what happened to me. Somebody posted yesterday in a buy & sell group asking had anyone seen the Kinder Maxi Surprise (yes, also for the toy) and suddenly I realised that was the egg I wanted.
    A commenter said there were one or two in a shop a 5 minute walk away. OH goes to look and nada. Now I’m disappointed over something I didn’t know I wanted!

I seen a woman in a shop this morning with 10 of those in a basket, she cleared out the shelf

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement