Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

Bitter oul bitter heads.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,652 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

Made a big pot of curry earlier for friends of the family who are going through some stuff.

Kept the kitchen doors closed and windows open. The entire downstairs still reeks of curry. My hair and clothes reek of curry. The dog reeks of curry.

This is why I cannot get my head around the massive hard-on for open plan houses in this country. You'd stink out the whole house every time you cook fish, steak or literally anything involving cumin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,255 ✭✭✭Archeron

Dial Hard wrote: »
    Made a big pot of curry earlier for friends of the family who are going through some stuff.

Kept the kitchen doors closed and windows open. The entire downstairs still reeks of curry. My hair and clothes reek of curry. The dog reeks of curry.

This is why I cannot get my head around the massive hard-on for open plan houses in this country. You'd stink out the whole house every time you cook fish, steak or literally anything involving cumin.

Last week for absolutely no reason my face mask smelled of curry all day. I hope you don't mind if I blame you .

• Registered Users Posts: 13,163 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

Antares35 wrote: »
    There I was with a nice zero balance on my credit card and then a thirty quid government stamp duty was lumped on. Wtf is that even for?

Count ourselves lucky.
    It used be forty sheets.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users Posts: 8,130 ✭✭✭Surreptitious

Woke up and my boobs were frozen. I think I'm just starting to thaw now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

cj maxx wrote: »
    Facebook dating , or more to the point the notifications that someone liked you. Strangely they are always Chinese.
    The last one was based in the Netherlands and is now in Bray .
    Wei seems to have left Bray and returned to The Netherlands :(
    Ah well , another beautiful romance passes me by :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Dear OH please stop behaving like you're the only one in this house with a f*cking job. If you say you're going to take the child at 1, take her at 1.

PS I earn more than you so if either of our jobs are to go, it'd be better to be yours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I applied for a passport online.
    I’ve no idea when it will arrive.
    I’m thinking of the mistakes I could have made filling out my details.
    Also, I got a bit over enthusiastic with my hair clippers at the weekend and my photo looks like a mug shot from a US prison.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

Could people please stop using the word 'cohort'.

Trying to decide a name for my second child and only just realising now how many people I dislike :D

• Advertisement

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Could people please stop using the word 'cohort'.

I agree, those disingenuous virtue signallers need to take a hike.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Trying to decide a name for my second child and only just realising now how many people I dislike :D

Haha. I remember saying this on my first. I wouldn't have chosen the name we actually gave him if we had him today as I have worked with 2 people with that name since then.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

Oh baby names
    Give us your list and see if we can add to it.

dubstarr wrote: »
    Oh baby names
    Give us your list and see if we can add to it.

My list of people I hate? :D

Nothing on it so far, but it has to be a girls name, preferably French and at least two syllables :)

TA I really like the name Vivienne but someone pointed out that was Julia Roberts name in Pretty Woman!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,461 ✭✭✭Bob Harris

I agree, those disingenuous virtue signallers need to take a hike.

It's being used now to describe any group 'there was a cohort of young lads playing football'....f**k off

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Chantal? Colette? Eloise (but that's three syllables)?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,939 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

I applied for a passport online.
    I’ve no idea when it will arrive.
    I’m thinking of the mistakes I could have made filling out my details.
    Also, I got a bit over enthusiastic with my hair clippers at the weekend and my photo looks like a mug shot from a US prison.

I think lots of people's passport photos look like that.

(Or maybe just mine? :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 30,481 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

I think lots of people's passport photos look like that.

(Or maybe just mine? :D)

The problem is it’s certainly how I look!

New Home wrote: »
    Chantal? Colette? Eloise (but that's three syllables)?

I was thinking about Eloise :) Or Elise maybe. Might just go with 1 & 2 for handiness sake :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,371 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

When you finish work based on a document provided by the client and then receive an e-mail saying 'sorry I thought I had sent you the updated document'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,789 ✭✭✭PsychoPete

My toothbrush has no indication when it's actually charged just a green flashing light to show its charging, I just guess the charge time now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

Passive aggression amongst Irish co-workers. I just don't understand it all. Just say how you feel about something and work it out. But no you have to backtrack and sugar coat it. Grow up already and grow a pair.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Facebook is experiencing difficulties at the noment

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭branie2

It's back to normal now

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

branie2 wrote: »
    Facebook is experiencing difficulties at the noment
    branie2 wrote: »
    It's back to normal now

Both equally annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,459 ✭✭✭FishOnABike

An idea :
    A girl called Dara that I know was so named because she was the second child, i.e. Dara is Irish for "second". I don't like that (possibly coz I'm a second-born myself!)

Reserved something last week in Argos which I can only pick up today. At the time it was 160euro, now it's reduced to 120 but the price showing for me is still 160 :(

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I think they'll give you the discount at the till, IIRC.

(BTW, what about Charlotte? :))

New Home wrote: »
    I think they'll give you the discount at the till, IIRC.

(BTW, what about Charlotte? :))

TA I have pre-emptive TA in case they don't! :D

Charlotte is beautiful, hadn't thought of that :)

• Advertisement

I had a fillum soundtrack playlist on this morning while driving to work and the Back to the Future theme came on, needless to say i gunned it to 88 but alas, no time travel for ol' Portman Toe. I'm still stuck in poopy 2021.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement