Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭partyguinness

Antares35 wrote: »
    Reserved something last week in Argos which I can only pick up today. At the time it was 160euro, now it's reduced to 120 but the price showing for me is still 160 :(

If you dont pick it up i.e. leave it there. Argos will abandon the order in a few weeks and refund your money. Tactic.

Bob Harris wrote: »
    Could people please stop using the word 'cohort'.

+100%............also in the last month "rabbit hole" is popping into every 2nd sentence, here on Boards too. 2 men out running this morning passed me , puffing and panting, talking about going down rabbit holes! :D

where are all these rabbit holes anyway? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,917 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

New Home wrote: »
    I think they'll give you the discount at the till, IIRC.

(BTW, what about Charlotte? :))

A name i always liked is Amy. But that stupid ad on the radio is ruining it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

cj maxx wrote: »
    A name i always likewise Amy. But that stupid ad on the radio is ruining it :(

The problem is some of those names are being ruined now by pretentious spelling by parents who want to set their kids apart. It's Aimez with a silent Z etc. (That might be an exaggeration) :)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,981 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

I had a fillum soundtrack playlist on this morning while driving to work and the Back to the Future theme came on, needless to say i gunned it to 88 but alas, no time travel for ol' Portman Toe. I'm still stuck in poopy 2021.

Try Jesus built my hot rod by ministry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,308 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Great way to start the day.
    Just waiting to leave hospital now where they stitched an artery and put 13 staples in my head.
    Ok maybe a bit more than trivial but let's not nitpick :pac:

MOD: NOT SUITABLE FOR THE SQUEAMISH - OPEN AT YOUR OWN PERIL

https://i.postimg.cc/28gXkpDS/Screenshot-20210409-092636.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

^^ you could make a lot of expensive Satanic runners with that.

^^ you could make a lot of expensive Satanic runners with that.

Good thinking! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

When my attempt at spelling a word is so bad that spell check cannot pick up on what I am trying to spell!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Mimon

blade1 wrote: »
    Just waiting to leave hospital now where they stitched an artery and put 13 staples in my head.

What the hell happened?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭AlejGuzman68

First off tell us how that happened? And second, you have a lovely eye,lol.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Mod: Please stop quoting that picture if it's embedded. Not everyone has a strong stomach or would like to see a forehead full of blood at lunchtime.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

username checks out.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Mod: Please stop quoting that picture if it's embedded. Not everyone has a strong stomach or would like to see a forehead full of blood at lunchtime.

TA'd that I've had my lunch already, but I'm suddenly hungry for black pudding.

Mimon wrote: »
    What the hell happened?

Slipped on a step carrying something and cracked my head off a corner of a wall.
    My hands weren't free to save me so took some slap.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

My grandfather did himself a similar injury, years and years ago. He fell from his bike... while he was holding a scythe. It's a miracle he didn't kill himself or lose an eye.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,412 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

My grandfather did himself a similar injury, years and years ago. He fell from his bike... while he was holding a scythe. It's a miracle he didn't kill himself or lose an eye.

as you do.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

as you do.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

I ate a packet of tortillas (cool original flavoured, Aldi's own) and it's been almost an hour and I can't get the smell off my fingers. I've scrubbed and scrubbed with hot water and soap, and even leathered so much sanitiser on my hands to get rid of the smell and it just creeps back in. I should really buy some sort of "crisp grabber". Hate the smell of food on my hands, makes me feel dirty.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,724 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Young kids bombing around on electric shooters. On the road, no less. Very annoying and very dangerous.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,089 ✭✭✭Bredabe

The praise being heaped on a person who took every opportunity to make a joke of everything I said in that group, at one stage she just stopped short of calling me a racist because she assumed what the end of what I was saying was going to be.

Today the same ppl (ta) who didn't hear that exchange are telling her she has a wonderful sense of justice and is a great warrior for the group.

Not enough vomit emogies in the world for this.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

I ate a packet of tortillas (cool original flavoured, Aldi's own) and it's been almost an hour and I can't get the smell off my fingers. I've scrubbed and scrubbed with hot water and soap, and even leathered so much sanitiser on my hands to get rid of the smell and it just creeps back in. I should really buy some sort of "crisp grabber". Hate the smell of food on my hands, makes me feel dirty.

This works with garlic and onion smells, it might just work with crisps, too. Get something made of steel (cutlery, for instance, or a pot, or even better the tap itself) and use it as if it were a bar of soap (or in the case of a tap rub your hands on it). I don't know why, but the steel seems to neutralise those kind of bad odours.

New Home wrote:
    This works with garlic and onion smells, it might just work with crisps, too. Get something made of steel (cutlery, for instance, or a pot, or even better the tap itself) and use it as if it were a bar of soap (or in the case of a tap rub your hands on it). I don't know why, but the steel seems to neutralise those kind of bad odours.

Yes that works. I rub my hands all around the inside of the sink and then wash with soap whenever I'm chopping onions/ garlic.

I messaged a work colleague to fill him in on what happened to me.
    He sent me back this pic.
    Look what's playing on his radio! :pac:

IMG-20210409-WA0007.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

And use cold water - hot water can kind of 'cook' the smell into your hand.

And second, you have a lovely eye,lol.

Is this a bit better? :pac:

Screenshot-20210410-004514.jpg

blade1 wrote:
    Is this a bit better?

Oh my, what a nostril you have... :pac:

Oh my, what a nostril you have... :pac:

All the better to smell you with!!!! :eek: :pac:

This doesn't annoy me. It's just an observation I've made and don't know where else to post it ( maybe someone should start a trivial observation thread ) but I've noticed that negative threads on board get way more traffic than positive ones. Like if there was a thread called something you really like and another thread called something you really hate, the hate thread will get way more traffic. Just a trivial observation. :)

• Advertisement

blade1 wrote:
    All the better to smell you with!!!!

:D

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement