Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

TA that people you've never met come right into your life via a message board or thread to tell you they want you to stop your hobby and do something different.

I just had someone tell me to sell off all my video game collection to buy something "better". I rhetorically asked why, he didn't answer, he just dropped that opinion then f*cked off. Why would someone do that? Why would you try and change someone you don't know because their lifestyle doesn't suit you? What kind of attitude is that to have?

Ugh, it's after nearly ruining my whole morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,926 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

New Home wrote: »
    I just upload straight from the phone.

Can you explain this, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Another TA this morning.

Left a washing to dry next to the radiator overnight, in that time the heating came on for an hour, twice, which is usually more than enough time for the clothes to dry.

Stuck on a pair of shorts from that horse, they seemed dry until I felt the back pocket. Still wringing. Raging now because it's roasting out and I only have these shorts. Hair dryer on the arse now for the next few minutes.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Can you explain this, please.
    Disclaimer: I don't use the touch site, I find the desktop view easier to follow, not sure if that would make a difference. Anyway, in "go advanced" click on the paperclip, select the file from your photos (you may have to resize the photo with your photo editor first, but it takes a few seconds), upload, save. Same as you would from a computer. If you want to you can right click on the attachment link, copy it and embed it like you would with any other image url.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

The state of the house, but who wants to do housework in this weather.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

Yeah, made in america crap, distributed online. The world is becoming yankified. That's another TA, more and more irish children nowadays sounding like they were reared in Los Angeles :mad:

I like...so couldn't agree with you more...you are like soooo toootttalllyy right on.

Speaking of LA...you just reminded me of something that bothered me a while back. I was chatting away to a guy online getting to the point of setting up a date. I had a picture of me outside the Whiskey A Go-Go with this big black bouncer dude. He was stopping loads of people on the way in and out for photos as a tourist gimmick cos it's such an iconic bar. Sound man.
    Anyway, the guy said...can I just ask if the guy in that picture was your boyfriend? I found that odd and asked why and he said cos if it was I honestly just feel too uncomfortable to go on a date with you.
    Unreal!!
    That was slightly off topic but I guess my Ta is that some people are such ass clowns online asking **** they would never ask to your face!
    Keyboard Warriors...there ya go purple tin...another expression to add to your collection:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

The Pet Shop Boys have reprinted two books recently. Ordered them as part of a larger order from Amazon, box arrived yesterday. However I have received two copies of book A and none of book B. The covers are similar and when I check the order details, I see that it was my mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,657 ✭✭✭storker

TA'd that the thread title I thought was "Plant some Weed Megathread" turned out on second glance to be the "Plant & Weed Megathread" in the Gardening Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Never thought I would say this, but I miss working in different locations. Running to the opposite coast or midlands seems like such a novelty now.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,077 ✭✭✭Bredabe

As I dont get up early enough for the driver here, I've rarely been in the big shops since the lockdown started.
    Flipping hell! the increase in prices on menu stapes!

In one set of shops Ive seen a 1.50e difference in price for an identical item.

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Sky Sports . This week I've watched utd and city win the title on repeats ( why go through the torture?) while the 1 or maybe 2 games it should take for Liverpool to win are on the long finger!.
    Actually it's infuriating not TA :(

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

not that annoyed considering the situation right now, but TA ordering online and they tell you ''sorry this wasnt in stock'' when you were led to believe they were and paid for them...only being told otherwise at checkout. happened twice. quick refund thankfully, so every cloud and all that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,594 ✭✭✭Mollyb60

Ta'd at my 2 cats. Took one to the vet with suspected worms. Vet said he thought it was a "bum infection" and to monitor her.
    Cat 2 has now started limping so we're back to the vet tomorrow for him to check that out.
    "bum infection" cat's infection doesn't seem to have cleared up either so we'll be back again later in the week for her to be sedated and properly investigated.
    Sigh.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,219 ✭✭✭✭castletownman

Cleaning out a drawer in my bedroom earlier, I came across a diary that I used to keep late 08-early 09. And now I am angry and upset with myself that I was an monumental pain in the ass for my parents back then :(

• Registered Users Posts: 13,762 ✭✭✭✭dubstarr

You do your hair you think you get it all in.

Then a rogue hair comes out of nowhere in to your eyes,mouth and everywhere else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Antares35

Bredabe wrote: »
    As I dont get up early enough for the driver here, I've rarely been in the big shops since the lockdown started.
    Flipping hell! the increase in prices on menu stapes!

In one set of shops Ive seen a 1.50e difference in price for an identical item.

I noticed this too. I think its disgusting that the food retailers are doing this. Shopping for food is already up 17% so its high times for them anyway, then they sneak up the prices. We saw one product go.from 1 euro to 1.50. Ok only 50c but a fifty percent increase for nothing. Scoundrels.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,091 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

Bought a pair of shorts online, identical size and brand to a pair of worn out 10 year old ones.
    My hands can barely fit into the pockets, phone...forget it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Be right back

Saw a packet of chocolate rice cakes on sale for €1 or you could buy 2 packets for €3.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

TA'd at Covid-19, it's a right pain in the rollix

• Registered Users Posts: 13,849 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

My phone doesn't have a Euro sign, or I just haven't found it yet!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,748 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

cj maxx wrote: »
    My phone doesn't have a Euro sign, or I just haven't found it yet!

Challenge accepted!! :cool: :D What kind of phone is it?

Saw a packet of chocolate rice cakes on sale for €1 or you could buy 2 packets for €3.

I saw beer in Tesco €1.55 each or 3 for a tenner :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

TA that Normal People is getting such accolade. Seriously...my sister won't shut up about how great it is and how hot Connell is. I think it's awful and he looks like Cat Deelys lopsided brother or, for want of a nicer term, face like a burst bladder.

My major TA is that I keep pressing F11 and/or F12 every time I want to type "-" , "_" or press backspace.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,120 ✭✭✭Be right back

Antares35 wrote: »
    I saw beer in Tesco €1.55 each or 3 for a tenner :D

I love supermarket bargains!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA people who think showering in the dark is weird. its relaxing and i'll take every bit of relaxation i can get in this current climate.

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭js35

TAd that I’ve just mopped all downstairs floors and now I’m sitting on the counter waiting for it to dry :pac: I just want to go to bed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,692 ✭✭✭maebee

"Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You". Just came upon this thread. What does "Cat Trialvilly" mean?. Genuinely puzzled. TIA.

maebee wrote: »
    "Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You". Just came upon this thread. What does "Cat Trialvilly" mean?. Genuinely puzzled. TIA.

In the good times, it was the "Things that trivially annoy you" thread, and I believe the deliberate mis-naming of the new threads are attempts to trivially annoy those who follow. And in fairness to them, it annoys me. Every. Single. Time. :(

• Advertisement

The cat left a rather unpleasant pile in the kitchen and OH had to clean it. Am barred from handling anything like that til the baby arrives safely. Anyway he was so annoyed, he put the cat out. I cant sleep thinking of the poor bugger outside but I have this feeling that it is some kind of test to see if I undermine him by letting the ****bag back in again. Will it demasculate him? Or should I set a precedent that he cannot just do whatever he wants? If I let him away with this, will he push it further? Do I need to put him back in his box? Will he respect me more if I go against him or if I just ignore him. (These are all questions about OH not the cat).

TA that I now have to ponder and explore the bigger questions in our relationship all because fat ass took a dump in the kitchen.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement