Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,434 ✭✭✭Robsweezie

TA bought the makings of a fry from the deli, the stuff was dry and rock hard, particularly the rashers..guess its no good from the deli better cooked at home?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Porklife

I'm beginning to hate all these PC advertisements at the moment. Everyone is hopping on the "we're all in this together" "stay safe" train lately and its so annoying. You cant even do your shopping in peace without being reminded "Covid is here" "remember to socially distance" from Dunnes :(

"We'll keep stocking the shelves"
    *breaks down in tears*
    Please leave us alone. Were Dunnes not always stocking the shelves, isn't that their job? I understand at the beginning of this pandemic people bulk bought and were terrified food supplies would run out but clearly those (ridiculously unnecessary) days are behind us and we should be allowed to shop in peace.
    This is starting to feel like a violation of human rights and ive definitely had enough.
    Sorry..more a real annoyance than a trivial one but if world leaders are allowed break rules at the moment then so am I goddamnit 😠

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Porklife wrote: »
    "We all have a part to play in helping our community...AIB/Covid19.... we're doing our part"

Shut up...shut up...just shut the absolute **** up! Tender by Blur is playing in the background and they've ruined it for me now. I hated their "we're backing brave everyday" campaign aswell. What does that even mean? It's not even grammatically sensical.

Just **** off AIB and take your bull**** slogans with you 😠😠ðŸ˜
    Ta'd that stupid PR people and ad execs are making out like bandits coming up with annoying slogans and ads since the virus hit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I'm beginning to hate all these PC advertisements at the moment. Everyone is hopping on the "we're all in this together" "stay safe" train lately and its so annoying. You cant even do your shopping in peace without being reminded "Covid is here" "remember to socially distance" from Dunnes :(

If I hear Brendan Courtney's voice one more time, I'm gonna :mad:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,293 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Porklife wrote: »
    "We all have a part to play in helping our community...AIB/Covid19.... we're doing our part"

Shut up...shut up...just shut the absolute **** up! Tender by Blur is playing in the background and they've ruined it for me now. I hated their "we're backing brave everyday" campaign aswell. What does that even mean? It's not even grammatically sensical.

Just **** off AIB and take your bull**** slogans with you ������

All their campaigns are cringey as fook tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

I ordered a board game as a Christmas present for my nieces last December from a company in the US. Delivery to the Caribbean.
    Paid extra for priority shipping. After dispatch I could see that the package went from Chicago to Stockholm for some reason. Then to Germany and it seemed to get stuck there.

By mid January no sign of the delivery so I cancelled the order and agreed on a refund. But by end Feb there was no sign of the refund.

So I initiated a charge-back and by end of march the charge-back hit my account. And then my refund came thru too. I contacted the bank and they said not to worry - the charge-back would be reversed. It never was.
    Anyway - fast forward to yesterday and the package actually got delivered. 6 months after ordering.

TLDR? An inept company refunded us for an order, we also got a charge back, and they delivered the product 6 months after ordering.

I should be happy about this really!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

All their campaigns are cringey as fook tbh.

We got an "encouraging" message from head office, yesterday, too. It had a hashtag. I swear. A hashtag. There aren't enough facepalms. But on the plus side I won bullsh*t bingo with just the first sentence.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,780 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

I ordered a board game as a Christmas present for my nieces last December from a company in the US. Delivery to the Caribbean.
    Paid extra for priority shipping. After dispatch I could see that the package went from Chicago to Stockholm for some reason. Then to Germany and it seemed to get stuck there.

By mid January no sign of the delivery so I cancelled the order and agreed on a refund. But by end Feb there was no sign of the refund.

So I initiated a charge-back and by end of march the charge-back hit my account. And then my refund came thru too. I contacted the bank and they said not to worry - the charge-back would be reversed. It never was.
    Anyway - fast forward to yesterday and the package actually got delivered. 6 months after ordering.

TLDR? An inept company refunded us for an order, we also got a charge back, and they delivered the product 6 months after ordering.

So, are you sending it back or getting them to charge you again? :pac:

It is very windy.

It is very windy.

I had to go and retrieve the water butt twice last night. Don't talk to me. If I slept an hour it'd be an exaggeration. :mad::mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 817 ✭✭✭shar01

I had a similar situation earlier in the lockdown with an Irish Brewery. I ordered beer and glasses. Website said both would come separately. Fair enough. But then a second box of glasses came. I contacted the brewery - they said they were still getting used to the increase in orders. I offered to pay because, you know, small business, covid, yada yada. They gave me a code to make the purchase with 50% off so good karma all round.

But then I ordered a large map of the world from a UK company. No sign of it within the time frame they gave. I emailed just to see were there delays. No response. Emailed again a few days later and said I'd do a charge back if they didn't respond. Instant response :rolleyes: Anyway gave me a tracking number and map arrived on Wednesday. Another one came today.... I'll probably email them and offer to pay... Damn my conscience!!

New Home wrote: »
    I had to go and retrieve the water butt twice last night. Don't talk to me. If I slept an hour it'd be an exaggeration. :mad::mad:
    Your butt is empty? It was quite wet last night too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

Someone on TV just pronounced 'huge' as 'shhhhhuuuuge', annoying as fook.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,087 ✭✭✭Trigger Happy

So, are you sending it back or getting them to charge you again? :pac:

I know I should engage with them again but damn it...I dont think they have the brain power to process what has happened and they may implode.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Customer services in health insurance and banks!
    :mad::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

There was about a handspan of water in it. I know it's a bit of a weird set up, but it's just collecting rain water as it falls, it's not under a drain (I don't think the owner would appreciate it if I cut it).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,098 ✭✭✭Bredabe

Health care providers who say they understand dyslexia, looking at me in annoyance when I tell them I dont do I or phone banking!
    Duh!

"Have you ever wagged your tail so hard you fell over"?-Brod Higgins.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Today FM and their volume

I listen to podcasts for example Matt Cooper and the podcast is finishing

Their voiceover guy jacks up the volume about TODAY FM ! Uncomfortably loud

So I turn down the volume but it was perfect for the podcast

Volume should be consistent dammit

• Registered Users Posts: 6,217 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

Stupid Tesco loyalty card registration page needs a landline number

• Registered Users Posts: 6,570 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

It is very windy.

I cycled in to work for 11 o'clock this morning. Half an hour ago, I just distractedly scratched my head...but I felt a lump. I got a bit concerned (as you would) but poked at it to realise it was a lump of a tree. :o There were bits flying around all the way in, so I should have realised...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

Aneamic toast

• Registered Users Posts: 5,387 ✭✭✭eisenberg1

I’m gonna leave this one alone😂

eisenberg1 wrote: »

Play dumb, like I did.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,971 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

eisenberg1 wrote: »

My butt is full to the brim after last night.
    It was some night, I tell ya.

My butt is full to the brim after last night.
    It was some night, I tell ya.

Well, after all that rain, you won't need to water the garden for a while. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭bolgbui41

Online job applications that require you upload a CV and cover letter, but then also require you to fill out everything that's on your CV and cover letter in an automatic form. But with all the titles slightly different and half of the options under a drop down menu, so you can't even copy and paste but rather have to do everything twice. Double TA if it's an American company so all the date selections are backwards.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Wind affecting your butt??

TA at my childish attempt at humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭degsie

It would be best to butt your water butt to a butt wall or a buttress.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,815 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    Stupid Tesco loyalty card registration page needs a landline number

Why don’t you have one?

• Advertisement

degsie wrote: »
    It would be best to butt your water butt to a butt wall or a buttress.

Butter wouldn't melt, degsie.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement