Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things Cat Trialvilly Annoy You (part whatever) *MOD WARNING IN OP*

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭mikemac2

Itchy hives on my legs and arms

I don’t know what causes them but I know they will go in a few days

Flares up every summer. All my life realy, was the same as a child

• Registered Users Posts: 11,214 ✭✭✭✭RMAOK

TA for the term "cat litter". Just don't like the term, for whatever reason. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭Deise Vu

New Home wrote: »
    It's usually for the benefit of Visually Impaired people, the software they use to read usually can't decipher what's written in pictures.

So just quote the tweet??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭Ifyou coulddoit allagain

RMAOK wrote:
    TA for the term "cat litter". Just don't like the term, for whatever reason.

On a similar note when people call children, "smallies" or "little people". I don't know why but I've an irrational dislike of those terms. It's like oh here comes Darby O'Gill and the little people. They're not leprechauns like and you wouldn't call adults big people or largies. Don't see what's wrong with calling them children or kids. The other two terms make them out like they're a novelty act in my head I think.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

Deise Vu wrote: »
    So just quote the tweet??

But then, OMG, like, the article would have no image!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 76,777 Mod ✭✭✭✭New Home

mikemac2 wrote: »

"Prickly heat" or "heat rash", by the sound of it. :/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

It's too hot today. Muggy, you can't do anthing without sweating like a pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭madmaggie

mikemac2 wrote: »

Have you tried taking an antihistamine. I get the little beggars as well, but when the first one appears I'm on the Citrine.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,413 ✭✭✭✭ohnonotgmail

It's too hot today. Muggy, you can't do anthing without sweating like a pig.

you have a wonderful way with words :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

When someone leaves you on read for 22 hours and when they finally reply, you accidentally open the message 19 seconds after they send it. F*ck sake.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Big huge moth flying outside my room and it's distracting me, but I don't want to close the door because there's a nice breeze coming in.

Genuine dilemma (no I will not kill the moth, moths are harmless)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

I got in to work an hour early today so I can leave earlier, only to find a heap of boxes (deliveries) piled up on my desk. I hate when people put things on my desk but these boxes weren't even for me! Stoopid warehouse people!

Last Tuesday morning was worse when I was greeted by an oily vacuum pump sitting on the desk. :mad: What's wrong with people?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,910 ✭✭✭Gwynplaine

Not a fan of Irish names, but Cathal has to be the worst. And what makes it even worse is when people pronounce it "Cottle"

• Registered Users Posts: 10,943 ✭✭✭✭the purple tin

Big huge moth flying outside my room and it's distracting me, but I don't want to close the door because there's a nice breeze coming in.

Genuine dilemma (no I will not kill the moth, moths are harmless)

I've got a big moth in my house too. She is distracting as well, but she is far from harmless ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 939 ✭✭✭bitofabind

You know those people who escalate everything to your manager when you push back? Very TA'd by those.

I work with someone in marketing who's supposed to support me in closing business with my target accounts. Except instead of helping, our weekly meetings are an exercise in me updating everyone on the account, her interrogating me about the account and her suggesting things that aren't helpful at all. I give feedback, she emails my manager. I push back on meetings because I have to prioritise an important client call, she emails my manager.

I wish she'd realise it doesn't work, it just antagonises me more to have to answer questions from my manager about the whole dumb thing and more importantly, this project doesn't help me, I know my accounts and you know Marketing, it's your job to show me how this isn't a waste of time.

TA'd by rude people and by Sales turning me into an asshole.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

Sent a spreadsheet to a group of people in work a week ago. Kept seeing queries over the next few days looking for the information that I sent. Sent it again yesterday to try and clear up the confusion. On a call this morning, and get a chorus of 'Oh, I don't think I got that mail.' Read your fcuking emails and stop annoying me on a Friday

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,445 ✭✭✭Rodney Bathgate

Gwynplaine wrote: »
    Not a fan of Irish names, but Cathal has to be the worst. And what makes it even worse is when people pronounce it "Cottle"

Trivially annoyed that people on an Irish website make blanket statements like ‘not a fan of Irish names’, but I wonder what the reaction would be if I said I wasn’t a fan of ‘Nigerian names’ or ‘Syrian names’.

And no, my name is not Cathal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

That I had my first cig in 10 years.Raging with myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,277 ✭✭✭Your Face

On the way home from work - A person decided that the spot before a busy t-junction was an intelligent place to pull in and let people out.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

That I had my first cig in 10 years.Raging with myself.

That's even annoyed me :o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

The novice driver holding up her phone to speak into it. Surely her passenger could have held it up for her?

Finding that Brown Thomas no longer stock one of my favourite perfumes! (First world problems!!)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,314 ✭✭✭✭blade1

The Pharmacy.
    I rang yesterday and ordered a prescription.
    Told them I'd call on my way home from work.
    It would be better for social distancing and be handy just to pop in and out.

They said it would be ready for me.

So I call in today.
    Cue the assistant searching down the back for about 10 mins then comes back and says it wasn't done and for me to hang on while they do it.
    Another 10 minutes.
    After working all day with no lunch break that last thing I want to do is stand in a shop for 20 minutes :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,733 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Stepping in someone else’s dogshít and the result of RTÉ’s ‘Super Garden’.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Simon Harris' voice. He wouldn't exactly fill you with confidence. A transition year student on work experience would sound older.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,246 ✭✭✭Poochie05

Heating tomato sauce in the microwave and forgetting to cover it first :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 726 ✭✭✭I Am Nobody

Poochie05 wrote: »
    Heating tomato sauce in the microwave and forgetting to cover it first :(

I've done that myself,end result there is more splashed all over the microwave than what is left in the bowl.Happy cleaning!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭bodhrandude

An post is really bad at the moment have been waiting for a registered letter for 23 days now, numerous phone calls to them and filling in the missing form, it has now becoming not trivial but infuriating.

If you want to get into it, you got to get out of it. (Hawkwind 1982)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,423 ✭✭✭✭Brendan Bendar

An post is really bad at the moment have been waiting for a registered letter for 23 days now, numerous phone calls to them and filling in the missing form, it has now becoming not trivial but infuriating.

Beg to differ, posted a parcel in a Dublin area circa 1530 Thur.

She was in the hands of the addressee in Donegal at 0930 Friday.

Can’t complain ‘ bout that, shaft.

She was in the hands of the addressee in Donegal at 0930 Friday.

Blow up doll?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,157 ✭✭✭Be right back

RTE comic relief. And why does it need so many presenters? Only on for a couple of hours.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement