Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vinyl/Tile Floor & Space for Dishwasher

• 13-04-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭

Hi All, back again with my 120 year old home.

3 things on my mind. We would like a dishwasher, but I can't think of any way to fit one neatly. I just thought id post it to see if anyone had any suggestions. To the left of press in pic are 3 drawers.

Secondly the vinyl is horrible. I pulled a corner up and scraped underneath to see what was there, black and red tiles, unfortunately don't interest me either. Is vinyl tough to put down yourself? Would it be worth paying someone? Are tiles much more expensive? I assume tiling is the ideal situation? its about 320 x 280cm.

Has anyone ever painted wall tiles? My missus has suggested it, I just can't imagine it looking nice at all.

To give you an idea of my level, ive painted, wallpapered and restored wooden floors. Have never tiled or lay any type of flooring. But open to learning. Restoring the wooden floorboards was a huge job for me which i learned a lot.

Thanks for any help

floor.jpg
    dishwasher.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭sharpish

Don't know the limations of your house, but I moved my washing machine with great success, I could have a dishwasher but decided proper freezer instead. Could you washing machine find a new home and get dishwasher in that space next to the sink would be good spot and mostly the same plumbing needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,825 ✭✭✭IvoryTower

sharpish wrote: »
    Don't know the limations of your house, but I moved my washing machine with great success, I could have a dishwasher but decided proper freezer instead. Could you washing machine find a new home and get dishwasher in that space next to the sink would be good spot and mostly the same plumbing needed.

Yes I was thinking about that, I can think of one place it might be able to go. It used to be a bathroom decades ago so it might have the plumbing needed for it. I would just need a plumber i guess

Advertisement