Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

B&Q click and collect

• 13-04-2020 4:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭

Does anyone know if B&Q in Ireland are doing click and collect?. The website only gives info for UK.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

They don't have an Irish site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 289 ✭✭Citroen2cv

They don't have an Irish site

Yes, it's GBP prices, but stock info covers Irish stores. But covid info only for UK stores.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,645 ✭✭✭krissovo

B&Q have shut all Irish operations, click and collect was never developed here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,627 ✭✭✭tedpan

krissovo wrote:

Yep, same story for homebase.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,625 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

• Advertisement

Anyone ordered online from woodies?
    What is typical lead time?
    Their website isn't great, so don't know what you can order online.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,164 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Citroen2cv wrote: »
    Anyone ordered online from woodies?
    What is typical lead time?
    Their website isn't great, so don't know what you can order online.

They are advertising that deliveries are taking up to 14 days. wouldn't order here if you are in a hurry

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    They are advertising that deliveries are taking up to 14 days. wouldn't order here if you are in a hurry

Do you know any hardware stores in Dublin delivering?

Citroen2cv wrote:
    Do you know any hardware stores in Dublin delivering?

Hardware in Donaghmede Shopping Centre is ignoring the regulations and is open. Try phoning them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 161 ✭✭SOPHIE THE DOG

I ordered a pressure washer online from them on Mon April 6th (late in the evening).
    The washer is not on their CV-19 essentials list.
    Delivered by An Post on Good Friday at 11am.
    Maybe I was just lucky.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Hardware in Donaghmede Shopping Centre is ignoring the regulations and is open. Try phoning them

It was confirmed at the end of last week that hardware shops are essential shops so can be open

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭wait4me

It was confirmed at the end of last week that hardware shops are essential shops so can be open

Here's what the government said March 27:

Businesses that can only offer emergency call-out or delivery services

It is recognised that there may be emergency needs arising in a number of areas, the following retailers who can offer an emergency call-out or delivery service can continue to operate on that basis ONLY:

opticians/optometrists
    retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example)
    hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture
    retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses
    retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home

I haven't seen anything since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,485 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

wait4me wrote: »
    Here's what the government said March 27:

Businesses that can only offer emergency call-out or delivery services

It is recognised that there may be emergency needs arising in a number of areas, the following retailers who can offer an emergency call-out or delivery service can continue to operate on that basis ONLY:

opticians/optometrists
    retailers involved in the repair of motor vehicles, motorcycles and bicycle repair and related facilities (tyre sales and repairs for example)
    hardware stores, builder’s merchants and stores that provide hardware products necessary for home and business maintenance, sanitation and farm equipment, supplies and tools essential for gardening/farming/agriculture
    retail sale of office products and services for individuals working from home and for businesses
    retailers providing electrical, IT and phone sales, repair and maintenance services for home

I haven't seen anything since.

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/confusion-as-diy-stores-now-deemed-essential-but-urged-to-stay-shut-39118354.html

No it wasn't. It was confirmed that they can't open. That's why everywhere is closed. It was very sloppy reporting from the Independent in this particular case

Why do you suppose that all hardwares are still closed?

The reporting is flawed. Notice it wasn't picked up by the Times etc

When Leo first shut down the shops the Gardai had no power to enforce this. Businesses followed the government advice for the good of the country. New powers were signed into law last week but were only valid till Sunday as far as I remember. These gave Gardai power to enforce closures. It makes no difference if the legislation lists hardware as essential or not. The government says they must close.

I get as far as the click and collect and when i press continue nothing happens. Its like its disabled.

Its a frustrating site, its even tells the stock levels in the store but you can't finish the order.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭tigerwoods

Grange Builders Providers Baldoyle are doing click & collect and also taking orders over the phone. Shop and yard are physically closed. Can be very hard to get through on the phones but keep trying.It is a new way on doing business for these companies with very limited experience. All the independent operators are putting Woodies and B&Q to shame by continuing to provide a service. 14 day delivery time, lol.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭jippo nolan

tigerwoods wrote: »
    Grange Builders Providers Baldoyle are doing click & collect and also taking orders over the phone. Shop and yard are physically closed. Can be very hard to get through on the phones but keep trying.It is a new way on doing business for these companies with very limited experience. All the independent operators are putting Woodies and B&Q look like a laughing stock.

I ordered paint from Grange hardware last week @ 9:00 and it was delivered about 2 hours later by courier! Great service.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 844 ✭✭✭boardtc

krissovo wrote: »

On diy.com I can press click and collect and select an irish store (after waiting for the queue to get in). Then you press Continue and nothing happens. It's frustrating as it looks like it's going to work :mad:

Advertisement