Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

dobman88 wrote: »
    Dont know why that posted so many times. Apologies

No worries, I've tidied it up now.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Brother was working in Kenmare yesterday. Bumped into a fella we know who is home from England. He had holidays and decided to come home anyway. He currently has Coronavirus, diagnosed about a week ago and "over the worst" and doesnt care one bit. Is going about his life completely as normal so no telling what way he will spread it around. Brother gave him a wide berth after that, made his excuses and got away from him

That's infuriating! Some people are actually so dumb its scary!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Brother was working in Kenmare yesterday. Bumped into a fella we know who is home from England. He had holidays and decided to come home anyway. He currently has Coronavirus, diagnosed about a week ago and "over the worst" and doesnt care one bit. Is going about his life completely as normal so no telling what way he will spread it around. Brother gave him a wide berth after that, made his excuses and got away from him
    Sweet Jesus.That asshole could be around the place like peppi le pew spreading the virus everywhere. Who s is he to determine that he is over the worst .Is there any way or agency he can be reported to .?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Rambo, I can tell you without fear of contradiction that there has been a glut of people from Dublin and also from Cork that have no connection with Kerry other than the fact they built or purchased holiday homes here that have been visiting and staying here during the lock down.

That's a shame, do you know all of these holiday homes and did you report them?

Can't blame you if you didn't. I live beside a beauty spot in Dublin and we had a lot of people travelling over the 2k and 5k limit. I didn't have the heart to report them. I assumed they live in apartments. and needed the fresh air and space.

Don't forget a good few elders have adult frontline kids living with them and decided to cocoon in the holiday home. Safest option.

Yeah, this confirms my experience of people leaving urban areas & visiting rural areas during lockdown. Returnees visiting home from the urban areas, mostly teachers. Lots living in my area. Your brother showed lots of patience making excuses and avoiding him, most would have given him a bollicking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

My brother has asthma but is an essential worker so just got away from him when he dropped that into conversation. I did look up to see if he could be reported as we know his name and address obviously but nothing like that came up. He should be isolating at the very least but didnt seem bothered about it at all, extremely frustrating for me especially since I haven't been home since February

• Advertisement

My brother has asthma but is an essential worker so just got away from him when he dropped that into conversation. I did look up to see if he could be reported as we know his name and address obviously but nothing like that came up. He should be isolating at the very least but didnt seem bothered about it at all, extremely frustrating for me especially since I haven't been home since February

It's always after these meetings you walk away in a bit of a haze and say "why the fook didn't I say something clever that would have levelled him???"... And then think of all the clever things you could have said.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

John_Rambo wrote: »
    It's always after these meetings you walk away in a bit of a haze and say "why the fook didn't I say something clever that would have levelled him???"... And then think of all the clever things you could have said.

I got the feeling thats exactly how he felt. His general tone was disbelief

I got the feeling thats exactly how he felt. His general tone was disbelief

The things I've seen during this pandemic are unbelievable, particularly when stepping out of my peer group who'd be like minded and clued in like you lot.

Not a lot of malice or ill intent, just sheer stupidity, sometimes fear and mostly blatant ignorance. Thankfully it's easy to avoid the repercussions of these people due to distancing, good protection, hand hygiene and common sense touch practices.

Without seeming snobbish or elitist these people won't be leaving where they live to visit Kerry. They don't really leave their environment anyway. You know what I'm talking about.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Must be very mild cases in UHK - one of the two has already recovered, according to this morning's HSE daily update.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-20-00-17-june-2020.pdf

Must be very mild cases in UHK - one of the two has already recovered, according to this morning's HSE daily update.

https://www.hse.ie/eng/services/news/newsfeatures/covid19-updates/covid-19-daily-operations-update-20-00-17-june-2020.pdf

I guess the worry I would have is how many people did they come into contact with before they went to hospital!? Hopefully it isn't spreading around again.

Good to hear one has recovered though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    That's infuriating! Some people are actually so dumb its scary!:mad:

What worries me if that some don't actually care :mad::rolleyes:

I guess the worry I would have is how many people did they come into contact with before they went to hospital!? Hopefully it isn't spreading around again.

Good to hear one has recovered though.

Was told this morning that there are in fact three new cases in Kerry although I have no way of proving or disproving that information but the source seems reliable.

EDIT Confirmed from a different source Ballybunion.

County dashboard has just updated for today, so must be tomorrow before the new cases will enter the system.

This appears to be new - confirmed cases by electoral division, so will tell you the number of cases for Fenit, Blennerville, Ardfert etc individually, but Tralee only given as Urban and Rural:

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

One of the cases may be a reinfection

This appears to be new - confirmed cases by electoral division, so will tell you the number of cases for Fenit, Blennerville, Ardfert etc individually, but Tralee only given as Urban and Rural:

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com

So would Tralee urban be the town itself? if so then it looks like only 18 cases in Tralee urban. What would they consider Tralee urban as if Fenit, Blennerville, Ardfert are individual?

Rambo, I can tell you without fear of contradiction that there has been a glut of people from Dublin and also from Cork that have no connection with Kerry other than the fact they built or purchased holiday homes here that have been visiting and staying here during the lock down.

It's interesting to see that even though a glut of Cork and Dublin folk arrived and stayed in holiday homes in Kerry the county managed to maintain one of the lowest & admirable rates of infection. If there's a second wave maybe, based on this valuable information, people will be encouraged to move to their more isolated holiday homes to cocoon and ease services, shop congestion & infection in the cities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

So would Tralee urban be the town itself? if so then it looks like only 18 cases in Tralee urban. What would they consider Tralee urban as if Fenit, Blennerville, Ardfert are individual?

It would be the old Tralee Urban division so literally only as far as the Grotto to the East.

PS I found a map - just enlarge it.

https://www.townlands.ie/kerry/tralee-urban/

Dashboard refreshed for today - only one new case officially recorded for Kerry, so maybe the other one was declassified.

Second case has shown up in today's stats, so hopefully that'll be it for now, although there are three "suspected cases" in UHK.

And now no longer any confirmed cases in UHK, still two suspect, but tonight's total will remain at 310, at least.

• Advertisement

No cases of any description now in UHK, so back to where we were on Tuesday night.

I see people commenting on facebook saying those 2 cases added on two separate days were totally new cases, and that the others were transferred to another county so on their list. Is this true or are they getting confused? I understood it as they were just 2 cases, yet added later.

It would be very odd if two cases, that were due to be added to our total within 48 hours, suddenly migrated to Cork or Limerick, while two random undetected cases appeared, so seems almost impossible.

It would be very odd if two cases, that were due to be added to our total within 48 hours, suddenly migrated to Cork or Limerick, while two random undetected cases appeared, so seems almost impossible.

That's what I thought. I don't know where people get their information from!

All I know is that the Kerry total is now 310 which is two up from a few days ago.
    Of course that could be wrong ?
    https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/summary/

Those, presumably, are the two cases from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

Those, presumably, are the two cases from Tuesday night/Wednesday morning.

That's what it looks like.

Disappointing news :(

• Advertisement

No sign of that positive case being reported yet?

Advertisement