Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He should be prosecuted for not self isolating, quarantining, selfish fcuker

If it is a thing he was awaiting teat results then I agree, there should be consequences. The holder of the house party, likewise.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Raidio Na Gaeltachta had a report tonight of a recent house party in Ventry with around 50 young people attending, no social distancing etc, in a rented Airbnb property. And, they were all reportedly locals from the general west Kerry area. If true we don't only need to worry about tourists, we have our own home grown eejits :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,060 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Will we need county lockdown, green list counties not green list countries, the young really don't care

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

weisses wrote: »
    More cases incoming, If you look at all the idiots flocking to Dingle ... No social distancing, no face masks, Fun fair is in town. Its like nothing ever happened

This is a joke right?

How could a Fun Fair possibly be allowed operate?

Please tell me this is not true.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,546 ✭✭✭weisses

This is a joke right?

No joke I'm afraid ...

https://www.facebook.com/spincityfunfair/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

I know someone who was tested a few weeks back and had his results the following day, I assumed that the wait for results would be getting better as time goes on?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

Jaysus I actually thought it was a joke too. Even Birds didnt go to Killarney. I thought it was obvious a place like that would be a hotspot for contamination.

I actually despair for our children that the people responsible for allowing this to happen have been allowed to get away with it and I hope to God that those leeches are closed down tonight and who ever made the decision to allow it go ahead in the first place be they an individual, a committee or otherwise is held to account for their actions.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

This is a joke right?

Does Kerry County Council own the area they are operating on

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

Hi all, planning a stay cation in Kenmare next week, staying in an air bnb, kinda worried reading this thread. Is Kerry safe to visit at the moment? Is there as many US tourists as people making out or is it exaggerated?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Salvadoor

Jasminecat wrote: »
    Hi all, planning a stay cation in Kenmare next week, staying in an air bnb, kinda worried reading this thread. Is Kerry safe to visit at the moment? Is there as many US tourists as people making out or is it exaggerated?

It is exaggerated

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Jasminecat wrote: »

Killarney and Dingle are busy but that's about it. Kerry is safer than almost anywhere else. We had no cases for nearly a month and the few cases we had since were imported from outside the County.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

newman10 wrote: »
    Does Kerry County Council own the area they are operating on

It's either Kerry Co Co or the Dingle Harbour Board/Commissioners - if pushed I'd say it's the council as a playground was developed close to it a few years back and that was definitely council land.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Jasminecat

kn wrote: »
    Killarney and Dingle are busy but that's about it. Kerry is safer than almost anywhere else. We had no cases for nearly a month and the few cases we had since were imported from outside the County.

Thanks, won't be visiting either of those towns this time anyway. Looking forward to a few days away.

How is a fun fair open, surely that would be the last place to open like a nightclub

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

Just heard that the case in caherciveen of the lady working in the hospital was a mistake, she was given the wrong results apparently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

wonga77 wrote: »
    Just heard that the case in caherciveen of the lady working in the hospital was a mistake, she was given the wrong results apparently

Omg thats is unbelievable.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Thankfully, no confirmed cases in UHK today, or any addition to the 316 total.

Ballybunion beach looked packed yesterday from pictures

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Thankfully, no confirmed cases in UHK today, or any addition to the 316 total.

Heard a rumour a 7 year old was admitted into uhk last night .

Hopefully it's wrong ..

• Advertisement

Heard a rumour a 7 year old was admitted into uhk last night .

Hopefully it's wrong ..

Of course, if it was after 8, wouldn't show up in any reports until tomorrow morning at the earliest ...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ballybunion beach looked packed yesterday from pictures

Packed in a lot of beaches apparently. My sister said traffic to Banna and fenit was awful. She turned back.

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Packed in a lot of beaches apparently. My sister said traffic to Banna and fenit was awful. She turned back.

We had a great day @ the beach yesterday . We normally visit the one just before Derrymore over the hump back bridge. We were the 1st car there At approx 1 PM.

Id say I could count on 1 hand the amount of people that showed up between then and 5PM.

Why people flock to Banna and Fenit is beyond me .
    Even If there was no Covid The crowds there irritate me

We had a great day @ the beach yesterday . We normally visit the one just before Derrymore over the hump back bridge. We were the 1st car there At approx 1 PM.

Id say I could count on 1 hand the amount of people that showed up between then and 5PM.

Even in Fenit, there are a number of smaller beaches near the Island, and around the corner from the village shop that the locals generally use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

Fenit was rammed this evening, there was a lifeboat call out and the crew couldn't get down the pier due to the parking on the pier. Funnily enough the small beach just after the shop was nearly empty.

Thankfully, no cases, suspect or otherwise, reported in UHK this morning, so hopefully the child wasn't as serious as feared.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,117 ✭✭✭✭beertons

xxyyzz wrote: »
    Fenit was rammed this evening, there was a lifeboat call out and the crew couldn't get down the pier due to the parking on the pier. Funnily enough the small beach just after the shop was nearly empty.

Heard The Maharees was as packed as a beach on the Costa all weekend.

beertons wrote: »
    Heard The Maharees was as packed as a beach on the Costa all weekend.

Yes, relations of mine were there and said it was scary busy.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

With Banna, it's mostly just the small strip adjacent to the main car park.

Which leaves the other 90% free for anyone who isn't a lazy sod.

• Advertisement

Agree On The Main strip of Banna being the Main issue.

Whenever we do go to Banna we normally go to Banna 3 and head down a bit.

Advertisement