Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

The daily statement includes Kerry in its list of counties with new cases - no number, but as near the end of the list, presumably/hopefully only one:

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/5c6a0-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-monday-10-august/

As it turned out, two, which takes us to 320, but thankfully none today.

This time three months ago, Kerry was on 305 cases, so 15 cases since then puts things in perspective.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

As it turned out, two, which takes us to 320, but thankfully none today.

Were they only added to today's numbers? I thought it was only 1 yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭Clab mor

Just wondering if anyone else has heard of a confirmed case in North Kerry.

Apparently a family that staycation’d in Kildare over the bank holiday weekend??

One confirmed case and rest of family and close contacts currently being tested/awaiting results.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I know that there are a few people near me in south Kerry that work together who showed symptoms and have gone for tests today.

Fingers crossed it'll be negative results.

We're doing well but the crowds around using their holiday homes, camper vans, B&B's, hotels and even day trippers have increased massively lately.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Clab mor wrote: »
    Just wondering if anyone else has heard of a confirmed case in North Kerry.

Apparently a family that staycation’d in Kildare over the bank holiday weekend??

One confirmed case and rest of family and close contacts currently being tested/awaiting results.

Why would anyone living in North Kerry want to staycation in Kildare at the present time ? If people continue to do things like this then it won't improve any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

amdaley28 wrote: »
    Why would anyone living in North Kerry want to staycation in Kildare at the present time ? If people continue to do things like this then it won't improve any time soon.

Surely you'd imagine Kildare people on staycation in North Kerry would be the case.

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Plenty of Reasons

National Stud, The Curragh, Japanese Gardens, Kildare Village, Proximity to Dublin.......many more

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭Degag

newman10 wrote: »
    Plenty of Reasons

National Stud, The Curragh, Japanese Gardens, Kildare Village, Proximity to Dublin.......many more

"at the present time" are the operative words in that post i imagine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,209 ✭✭✭✭Purple Mountain

The bank holiday weekend was before the lock down was announced.

To thine own self be true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

The bank holiday weekend was before the lock down was announced.

Are people not capable of making rational decisions regarding their own safety or do they have to be forced to do everything in this country?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,391 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Apparently there has been a rise in cases for Kerry today but no figure has been released yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Is it true birds have been given permission to open. Madness if so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

Passed the Harriers field earlier and the rides look ready to go. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Apparently there has been a rise in cases for Kerry today but no figure has been released yet.

Going by the national figures the numbers for Kerry are between 1 and 4.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

As long as guidelines are followed, no madder than opening any secondary school IMO.

I'd be much more concerned about the amount of scummy publicans playing fast and loose with the regulations.

Quackster wrote: »
    As long as guidelines are followed, no madder than opening any secondary school IMO.

I'd be much more concerned about the amount of scummy publicans playing fast and loose with the regulations.

And their patrons

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

What concerns me is that somebody from Dublin or Limerick or Cork who may have been holidaying here for the last two or three months - if they test positive then its their home county that is used when the stats are compiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

BPKS wrote: »
    What concerns me is that somebody from Dublin or Limerick or Cork who may have been holidaying here for the last two or three months - if they test positive then its their home county that is used when the stats are compiled.

Yes but that's where contact tracing is supposed to come in. They would have to remember where they went and who they might have been in certain level of contact with - possibly not that easy when you're away from familiar surroundings, shops/petrol stations/cafes etc... (unless you're very careful and keep a list-which i know some people do anyway).

• Advertisement

Today's statement just published - no new cases in Kerry, and yesterday's (up to Tuesday) tally was 1, taking us to 321:

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/fa67c-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-friday-14-august/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Doesn't address the issue of what do they define as a Kerry or any other county case. Is it the residence of the person, where they got test done, where they work etc. If a Kerry person contracted it in one of the meat plants would be a Kerry or meat plant location case etc? Surely a case that is a part of a meat plant cluster should be assigned to that location rather than the address where they live.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

kn wrote: »
    Doesn't address the issue of what do they define as a Kerry or any other county case. Is it the residence of the person, where they got test done, where they work etc. If a Kerry person contracted it in one of the meat plants would be a Kerry or meat plant location case etc? Surely a case that is a part of a meat plant cluster should be assigned to that location rather than the address where they live.

I'm pretty sure I read something a few months back that it was based on the person's home address. I tried to search to see if I could find something to back this up but no joy.

The houseparty in July in Killarney would seem to back this up though, given that there were people from all over the country in attendance and there was a cluster of cases arising from this but it didn't show up in the number of cases in Kerry in July at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,227 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

That's a pitiful standard of reporting in all fairness.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

That's a pitiful standard of reporting in all fairness.

Why not release the figure? It makes no sense at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

it should be reported asap that there was a case in a particular town , get the word out there and it would help us all to double down on our efforts to overcome this virus as best we can , it seems totally illogical to me to walk right in to a area that has a secret confirmed case .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Some one was telling me . Take this with a pinch of salt . They were saying dingle is infested but they are not reporting the numbers due to it impacting tourism out there. They said their dentist had it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,761 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

kerry cow wrote: »
    it should be reported asap that there was a case in a particular town , get the word out there and it would help us all to double down on our efforts to overcome this virus as best we can , it seems totally illogical to me to walk right in to a area that has a secret confirmed case .

Then you get the finger pointing, bitching and blame culture along with a relaxation of adherence to safety in the belief that areas are infection free.

Everywhere you go, carry on as if you are infected or someone else in the room is infected.

Advertisement