Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Why do you think most will be negative? I hope you're right, of course, but if someone is sick enough for hospital admission with severe Covid symptoms I think it's a pretty safe bet that the Docs have seen enough of this virus by now to have good cause to classify it as suspected Covid pending test results. Hopefully they'll get the test results quickly.

I wish all 7 make a speedy and full recovery whatever the cause of their illness.

Just that most suspected cases in recent months have generally been given the all clear later.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Just that most suspected cases in recent months have generally been given the all clear later.

Let's hope that's the case. There are a few nasty non Covid viruses doing the rounds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

kerry 2 cases (from yesterday)denotified c/o A Citzen Erased over on main thread today.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Kerry on 23/8/2020 324 cases in total since beginning, after denotification of 2 from the previous day 22/08/2020

thanks to Spookwoman main covid thread

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Radio Kerry mentioned 2 were removed from the numbers but the is another unknown increase today.

• Advertisement

No new case today, but 1 added up to Monday, giving 325.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

From what I can see there were 308 cases in Kerry on 18/05 which means in 100 days or so there have been 17 cases in Kerry.

Surely when assessing the numbers the government (I mean their bosses in NPHET) will have to start applying regional relaxation of the restrictions.

If they can shut down areas that have spikes in cases, surely that can ease restrictions in areas where there are little or no cases.

And as Gavan Reilly posts most days, they also have the 14-day incidence for each county to show where the hotspots are.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1298667402822070272

None in Kerry today again.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

None in Kerry today again.

Place a lot quieter so hopefully we'll get back to very few cases

• Advertisement

And how we compare to the national average:

https://twitter.com/PeterFarr_/status/1299037414195855360

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Another case in Kerry, but again no official number.

One case to Thursday, makes it 326 and more reported today.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Traleelad

https://www.facebook.com/1132429546/posts/10222636957609266/?extid=d15ehMpCImAtPdvQ

Killarney Town doing very well with the social distancing.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,193 ✭✭✭✭Kerrydude1981

Imagine the uproar if that was Dublin,

Pubs in towns are flaunting the rules and getting away with it, but then the few pubs that have opened in villages are being haunted by the Gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

Traleelad wrote: »
    https://www.facebook.com/1132429546/posts/10222636957609266/?extid=d15ehMpCImAtPdvQ

Ita not the visitors to town they have to worry about. I can spot plenty of locals in that video.

Hopefully unrelated to the antics above. Condolences to the family and all involved.

https://www.thejournal.ie/killarney-kerry-death-5190295-Aug2020/

Gardaí launch investigation after man (20s) discovered dead outside Kerry hotel

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,270 ✭✭✭Widdensushi

I would think the body was found before or about the same time as the video, it would help explain why there is no sign of gardai

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭Newtown90

I would think the body was found before or about the same time as the video, it would help explain why there is no sign of gardai

Reading the comments of the lad that uploaded the video the Gards were on the scene quick to scatter the crowd.

Although it shouldn't be the gards that are getting the blame for that brainless sh#t... All those people in the video are old enough to have sense and probably going to work Monday where the workplace are doing their best to keep social distancing and precautions in place for fear of one them complaining...

I'd imagine it's not an isolated incident but some people are generally smart enough not to record it and stick it on social media.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Pubs in towns are flaunting the rules and getting away with it, but then the few pubs that have opened in villages are being haunted by the Gardai

It looked like a scene similar to Dame Lane Temple Bar

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

And this is our future, god help us :mad:

Now 328, but thankfully no new cases today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Now 328, but thankfully no new cases today.

Yes but it continues to climb & what happened in Killarney won't help.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭oeb

A little before, and at the same time that video was being recorded there was apparently a brawl outside another venue in town (Videos also flying around social media) that they would have had to deal with on the way down.

oeb wrote: »
    A little before, and at the same time that video was being recorded there was apparently a brawl outside another venue in town (Videos also flying around social media) that they would have had to deal with on the way down.

Both venues unsurprisingly owned by the same business man/family.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

dobman88 wrote: »
    Both venues unsurprisingly owned by the same business man/family.
    The convicted criminal, Patrick O'Donoghue..?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,762 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'm sure it won't be long before it's claimed all the people misbehaving were from Dublin!!

I’d say knowing Killarney it’ll have been a large group from Tralee that made there way over and caused it all.

Quackster wrote: »
    The convicted criminal, Patrick O'Donoghue..?

Wrong part of town for his premises

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭rolling boh

Any pub where younger people will gather is going to get lively so little point in complaining really all pubs open would help only a small bit though worth a try .The carry on in Killarney has happened all over the place and a good number of places are taking the mick with the guidelines .

Advertisement