Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

Any pub where younger people will gather is going to get lively so little point in complaining really all pubs open would help only a small bit though worth a try .The carry on in Killarney has happened all over the place and a good number of places are taking the mick with the guidelines .

it's totally irresponsible immature behaviour by these youths , have no respect for the grave situation we are in .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

@LuasSimon
    Please stop posting regarding people taking cocaine! Twice your posts have been deleted now. You are making assumptions & it has nothing to do with this thread. Mod

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

No new cases in Kerry for a few days now thankfully.

And even one denotification today.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

I expect some as was down in Tralee today and saw vehicles queuing in the corona test place near the aqua dome.

Xtrail14 wrote: »
    I expect some as was down in Tralee today and saw vehicles queuing in the corona test place near the aqua dome.

I had to bring my child to be tested there recently and there were a good few cars ahead of me and behind me, but no cases were announced after it so it doesn't mean they are positive just because they are being tested. My child was referred as a precaution by our gp and he didn't have it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Xtrail14 wrote: »

According to the covid app - there have been 61,709 tests in the last 7 days. 1.2% positive rate.

Just to put it in perspective.

Radio Kerry saying students in one Kerry school were sent home due to one positive case - they might as well name the school if they're giving out the information anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Listrydude

Radio Kerry saying students in one Kerry school were sent home due to one positive case - they might as well name the school if they're giving out the information anyway.

Yeah the Kerryman facebook page had that just now. 2 Classes sent home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

BPKS wrote: »
    According to the covid app - there have been 61,709 tests in the last 7 days. 1.2% positive rate.

Just to put it in perspective.

Here's some more perspective : RTE just announced that a thousand people a day who have been advised they are close contacts of a pisI've case are not showing up for testing. 1,000 a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

So, kids weren't tested before they went back? Seems like a simple enough thing to have done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Taken From the Kerryman Facebook Page
    The Kerryman can reveal that a Kerry primary school has sent home two classes following a confirmed case of COVID-19 at the school. The confirmed case is understood to be a pupil from a senior class at the school who has a sibling in one of the school's junior classes. As a result the pupils in both classes have been sent home from school today. The school has taken all the necessary steps needed when dealing with a COVID-19 case. Parents have been informed of the situation at the school and a HSE Public Health team is on-site. The school have declined to comment.

They might as well name the school if they're giving out the information anyway.

Apparently the School was out in the Castle-Gregory area.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

A friend got an alert that she had contact with someone with C19.

Turns out her phones Bluetooth was within 2 metres of the neighbours phone for 15 minutes through the dividing wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

castlegregory possibly 2 kids same family one primary, one secondary. but also remember such a thing as false positives.

We had another increase in cases, but again no number given!

I assume the 2 kids in today's school case won't be on today's figures and will be shown in few days?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

rom balc wrote: »
    The media frenzy surrounding school cases and closures is completely unnecessary.

There are comments in some of the press social media posts that are nuts.

Think of the poor children in all this. Depending on the child it can be a very difficult and worrying time.

Absolutely, I'm really disappointed with the clickbait headlines on the rte website and newspaper articles lately. Its all about driving traffic to their sites, they aren't interested in the unnecessary panic they are causing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

wonga77 wrote: »
    Absolutely, I'm really disappointed with the clickbait headlines on the rte website and newspaper articles lately. Its all about driving traffic to their sites, they aren't interested in the unnecessary panic they are causing.

I'm more disappointed in the ranting in comments, etc. on things like the Kerryman FB page insisting people have the 'right' to know what school it was. They don't. They *really really want to know* but that doesn't include any rights.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,065 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I was tested today by the mobile unit and the tester said he was very busy round Kerry this past week. If the mobile tester is coming out a lot it means its not all families with kids who have cars to get to the centre.

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    8 from schools?

Could be from Killarney as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

I presume you mean 8 cases over the past fortnight. Putting that in to a context , it could for example mean two households/familes(2 parents/2kids) affected in the whole large geographic area that makes up county kerry.

And with the county being one of the most heavily visited areas by tourists this summer, I would call that doing exceedingly well , (not forgetting of course the families of the 6 people who died from covid and those families who members died for other reasons with their restricted attendance funerals)

Keep the good work up.

speckle wrote: »
    I presume you mean 8 cases over the past fortnight. Putting that in to a context , it could for example mean two households/familes(2 parents/2kids) affected in the whole large geographic area that makes up county kerry.

And with the county being one of the most heavily visited areas by tourists this summer, I would call that doing exceedingly well , (not forgetting of course the families of the 6 people who died from covid and those families who members died for other reasons with their restricted attendance funerals)

Keep the good work up.

No, it says in today's statement that 8 positive cases were found in Kerry in the last 24 hours.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 253 ✭✭Xtrail14

No, it says in today's statement that 8 positive cases were found in Kerry in the last 24 hours.

Explains the big queue I saw

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

That's a big jump for Kerry, they wouldn't even reach that figure in a fortnight usually. Hopefully just isolated pockets that have been dealt with. Although having started working this week in a 1st class with 31 7 year old pupils.. good luck stopping a large spread if even one of the kids comes into school with it.

Heard from a teacher there was a case in a school in Killarney

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

A friend got an alert that she had contact with someone with C19.

Turns out her phones Bluetooth was within 2 metres of the neighbours phone for 15 minutes through the dividing wall.

I was going to ask who the hell would have the app running in home but I guess they could have bluetooth on using earbuds.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

8 for today. Well I suppose Limerick had high numbers for a while so really should not be a surprise its reached here in numbers. If 8 are detected in one day I am sure there is a multiple of that undetected.

Advertisement