Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Heard from a teacher there was a case in a school in Killarney

The Kerryman have posted up saying there is a confirmed case in another school in Kerry (they haven't mentioned Killarney).

Second Kerry primary school has Covid case
    By Sinéad Kelleher
    There has been another confirmed case of COVID-19 in a primary school in Kerry.
    A letter from the HSE to parents, seen by The Kerryman, states that there has been one positive case at the school.
    Close contacts of the confirmed case have been identified, and the families involved have been given the necessary public health advice.
    This does not affect all pupils, and the rest of the pupils and staff have been advised to attend school as normal unless they have health concerns.
    The Department of Public Health HSE South is continuing to monitor the situation, the letter states.
    This is the second primary school to have a positive case, while there has also been a confirmed case at a secondary school in the county.
    This school case comes as another eight cases of COVID-19 were confirmed in Kerry by the Department of Health this evening.

https://www.facebook.com/kerryman.official/

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

More cases for Kerry, although a number hasn’t been announced.

Very high for Ireland again, 231 today. :( no deaths thankfully.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

With schools back it will be consistently high from now on i'd assume

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,851 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

8 cases in kerry. Castlegregory, Dingle and I think killarney

8 cases in kerry. Castlegregory, Dingle and I think killarney

8 was from about 2 days ago. Yesterday was only 2.

• Advertisement

2 more cases for Kerry. We are now at 340.no deaths in country thankfully.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

Where did you see 2? No mention of Kerry on the rte website

wonga77 wrote: »
    Where did you see 2? No mention of Kerry on the rte website

Tralee today http://traleetoday.ie/kerrys-total-number-of-covid-19-cases-rises-by-two-to-340/
    its risen by 2, which is from yesterday. I don't know if today has cases. I mis-read it first time.

Another rise in cases in Kerry, but no number announced yet. Seems to be a day behind all the time at the moment.

102 cases nationally & no deaths.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I'm waiting three days for results now.

• Advertisement

Sardonicat wrote: »
    I'm waiting three days for results now.

My son was waiting 3 days for results about 5/6 weeks ago. I got them by text at 7.30pm on a bank holiday Monday. You could still get them this evening. Do you think you have covid?

My son was waiting 3 days for results about 5/6 weeks ago. I got them by text at 7.30pm on a bank holiday Monday. You could still get them this evening. Do you think you have covid?

I have a respiratory infection of some kind. I'm hoping it's not Covid, obviously. I'm a carer and when I asked about care for my parent if positive I was told 'you'll have to keep being his carer'. Very worrying. Ive no idea how i caught anything. Weve been locked diwn since March and only have tegular contact with three people, all of which are fine. So far, he is showing no symptoms, thankfully. We're isolating so I can't get any help so it's tough at the moment. Just wish I'd get the text.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

I have a respiratory infection of some kind. I'm hoping it's not Covid, obviously. I'm a carer and when I asked about care for my parent if positive I was told 'you'll have to keep being his carer'. Very worrying. Ive no idea how i caught anything. Weve been locked diwn since March and only have tegular contact with three people, all of which are fine. So far, he is showing no symptoms, thankfully. We're isolating so I can't get any help so it's tough at the moment. Just wish I'd get the text.

Hopefully you'll get the result soon and everything will be okay, that's so wrong the way they expect you to care for your Dad if you have the virus. **** like that makes me very, very angry.

Best of luck with everything.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

Hopefully you'll get the result soon and everything will be okay, that's so wrong the way they expect you to care for your Dad if you have the virus. **** like that makes me very, very angry.

Best of luck with everything.

Yeah, they are essentially writing him off.

While we were waiting for results, we rang 1850241850 and they said they would escalate the results to see if they could come through faster. I don't know if it made a difference, but might be worth calling them tomorrow. I hope its negative for you. My little boy was thankfully negative and I was thinking that maybe when they are negative they don't prioritise them like they would if positive. I think they actually ring you if its positive?

Thanks Ciarrai, I'll try that. Yeah, I think they prioritise positive cases and have a verbal conversation with you. However, I was tested the day nearly 20.000 tests were done, the highest in any one day so far so that is also preying on my mind.

Thanks Ciarrai, I'll try that. Yeah, I think they prioritise positive cases and have a verbal conversation with you. However, I was tested the day nearly 20.000 tests were done, the highest in any one day so far so that is also preying on my mind.

I did get a phone call, the day after I got the text result, but that was just to confirm I had received the text. Fingers crossed you get your results tomorrow and that they are ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

Just a reminder the kerry council covid helpline is still there if you need it, but hopefully not. Wishing you good health.

Did you hear anything from them today?

Did you hear anything from them today?

I rang the number you posted above and they took my details and advised me I would hear from them between 7.30pm and 8.00.pm approx. I haven't received any communication so far. This is now four days I have been waiting.

• Advertisement

I rang the number you posted above and they took my details and advised me I would hear from them between 7.30pm and 8.00.pm approx. I haven't received any communication so far. This is now four days I have been waiting.

That's desperate. Why do they think its ok to leave people waiting like that? I just hope its a good sign for you that you don't have it!

That's desperate. Why do they think its ok to leave people waiting like that? I just hope its a good sign for you that you don't have it!

Indeed. And throughout this wait my Dad isn't being looked after properly.

Another rise in cases in Kerry, but no number announced yet. Seems to be a day behind all the time at the moment.

102 cases nationally & no deaths.

2 cases added, which reflect yesterday's rise. Looks as though we are going a day behind each time and we have more today, so we should know that figure tomorrow.

307 cases nationally and I think the 1 death announced in Ireland was from sometime in August.

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Traleelad

Apparently there has been a huge increase in the number parents looking for tests for their kids through their GP’s since going back to school.

GP’s are naturally enough being cautious and sending the majority of kids to be safe.

I’d imagine this will have quiet a big effect on obtaining an appointment and the time it takes to get results back.

This will be further increased when third level go back in a few weeks time.

I finally obtained my results via my GP-negative thank God. Thanks for the advice and support. Still not heard from HSE, after 5 days that's truly unacceptable. Not everyone would be willing (unfortunately ) to remain isolated for so long without a 'reason'. These delays will end up contributing to the spread of COVID and all the other nasty respiratory doses doing the rounds.

I finally obtained my results via my GP-negative thank God. Thanks for the advice and support. Still not heard from HSE, after 5 days that's truly unacceptable. Not everyone would be willing (unfortunately ) to remain isolated for so long without a 'reason'. These delays will end up contributing to the spread of COVID and all the other nasty respiratory doses doing the rounds.

Glad to hear it was negative. Its ridiculous waiting that long. I read a tweet from someone I follow who said they only waited a day for their childs results this week. Its varying far too much now.

I am currently off work as my little boy has a chest infection. Thankfully doctor didn't request a covid test this time as he hasn't had temperatures and he gets these infections regularly this time of year. He's on antibiotics and much better after 2 days on them, but his preschool won't allow him back until the cough has completely gone....that could be next week! Apparently its HSE guidelines now. Good luck to parents this winter, there will be a lot of people needing time off work. I may as well just pack work in now as this will happen a lot.

Glad to hear it was negative. Its ridiculous waiting that long. I read a tweet from someone I follow who said they only waited a day for their childs results this week. Its varying far too much now.

I am currently off work as my little boy has a chest infection. Thankfully doctor didn't request a covid test this time as he hasn't had temperatures and he gets these infections regularly this time of year. He's on antibiotics and much better after 2 days on them, but his preschool won't allow him back until the cough has completely gone....that could be next week! Apparently its HSE guidelines now. Good luck to parents this winter, there will be a lot of people needing time off work. I may as well just pack work in now as this will happen a lot.

Yeah, I know it's gonna be rough. The thing is, they have to suppress all viruses, not just COVID. Can you imagine having both at once? This is what they're worrying about. In the meantime we are opening pubs! And people like me and Dad remain on lock down and parents are going to be pushed to the limit, especially as they can't rely on older grandparents to step in for a poorly kido.

Yeah, I know it's gonna be rough. The thing is, they have to suppress all viruses, not just COVID. Can you imagine having both at once? This is what they're worrying about. In the meantime we are opening pubs! And people like me and Dad remain on lock down and parents are going to be pushed to the limit, especially as they can't rely on older grandparents to step in for a poorly kido.

Both my parents still work full time so I don't have anyone to help out! I wish we could just hibernate and wake up in spring 2021!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

Glad you got the news. HSE has been my biggest concern throughout the pandemic. They're just a shower of clowns, the latest MBA to run the place looks like a deer in the headlights when he's interviewed. Someone with zero medical backround shouldn't run the Health Service (or a hospital). This is all discussion for another thread, bashing the HSE is, as they say, 'like shooting fish in a rainbarrel.'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Salvadoor

Igotadose wrote: »
    Glad you got the news. HSE has been my biggest concern throughout the pandemic. They're just a shower of clowns, the latest MBA to run the place looks like a deer in the headlights when he's interviewed. Someone with zero medical backround shouldn't run the Health Service (or a hospital). This is all discussion for another thread, bashing the HSE is, as they say, 'like shooting fish in a rainbarrel.'

Yet there you are.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Advertisement