Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

The area covid data is up online. Its done by Kerry County Council Electoral Area. The highest rate is the Castleisland area of all places. Followed by Killanrney and Tralee. But in reality it is not that many cases. Cork has a similar low rate.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

kn wrote: »
    The area covid data is up online. Its done by Kerry County Council Electoral Area. The highest rate is the Castleisland area of all places. Followed by Killanrney and Tralee. But in reality it is not that many cases. Cork has a similar low rate.

Where online is it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Oddly, 4 new Kerry cases added to the tally even though they weren't mentioned yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I see Listowel racing is going ahead, I hope it goes well but is it essential a necessity?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I see Listowel racing is going ahead, I hope it goes well but is it essential a necessity?

There was a piece on Kerry Radio about it during week and I thought it was very interesting.

I can't for the life of me understand how that little town is open for business as usual to visitors from everywhere just because they booked accommodation last year.

They can't attend the actual races but they can come on holiday to the town anyway, enjoy the pubs once they don't drink drive and they can mix away with everyone.

What's that all about?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

There was a piece on Kerry Radio about it during week and I thought it was very interesting.

I can't for the life of me understand how that little town is open for business as usual to visitors from everywhere just because they booked accommodation last year.

They can't attend the actual races but they can come on holiday to the town anyway, enjoy the pubs once they don't drink drive and they can mix away with everyone.

What's that all about?

Not sure what's your point
    Killarney, Dingle, Kenmare and other places all had visitors this summer

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

the people of listowel should turn the dubs around and send them on their way back to where they are supposed to be ,
    IN DUBLIN .

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Oddly, 4 new Kerry cases added to the tally even though they weren't mentioned yesterday.

I wonder were they 4 older cases which hadn’t been reported so added in later?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

1 more case added from yesterday. Not sure if we have been included in todays figures, hopefully not....

• Advertisement

As other counties are slowly creeping up, lets hope Kerry keeps low (or stops!).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

With the gradual slowdown of tourism it should help limit numbers significantly. I would see nothing with locking down Kerry in an effective bubble, just leave no one in or out without genuine need and life could return to normal.

And even with the current rise, only Tipp has a lower 14-day average:

https://www.rte.ie/news/2020/0922/1166794-leitrim-covid-figures/

theguzman wrote: »
    With the gradual slowdown of tourism it should help limit numbers significantly. I would see nothing with locking down Kerry in an effective bubble, just leave no one in or out without genuine need and life could return to normal.

For how long though? This is not going away anytime soon. I have come round to the belief that the government should just let it rip. Stockholm with 30% infection has a very low level of infection. What's plain to see now is that the first wave took out the low hanging fruit of elderly with underlying conditions. It brought death forward by months as indicated by the excess deaths data which is rapidly heading back towards its 5 year average. The number of deaths without diagnosed at least underlying conditions is really low. Continuing the lockdown is imposing a completely disproportionate economic cost at this point.

Only Kerry, Laois, Limerick, Longford and Tipp failed to record cases on Sunday:

https://www.gov.ie/en/press-release/d1a69-statement-from-the-national-public-health-emergency-team-tuesday-22-september/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,067 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

What's the current capacity for INEC Gleneagle, heard some complaints over too many earlier on the radio

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    What's the current capacity for INEC Gleneagle, heard some complaints over too many earlier on the radio
    Under Level 2:

Organised indoor gatherings
    These are controlled environments with a named event organiser, owner or manager.

For example: business, training events, conferences, events in theatres and cinemas or other arts events (excluding sport).

Up to 50 patrons are permitted and in pods or groups of up to 6 if appropriate, with arrangements to ensure no intermingling of groups.

Up to 100 patrons are permitted for larger venues where strict 2 metre seated social distancing and one-way controls for entry and exit can be implemented.

For very large purpose built event facilities (for example: stadia, auditoriums, conference or event centres) specific guidance will be developed with the relevant sectors to take account of size and different conditions for larger events.

Under Level 1, the numbers double to 100 & 200.

The 'specific guidance' has yet to be developed so the INEC's current capacity is 100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,206 ✭✭✭xxyyzz

I'm surprised Kerry's eye ran with this story. Judging by the comments, I never realised there were so many fecking loo-lahs in the county.

No Kerry cases reported for Tuesday:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1309172499620429824

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

xxyyzz wrote: »
    I'm surprised Kerry's eye ran with this story. Judging by the comments, I never realised there were so many fecking loo-lahs in the county.

Jaysus. All the top comments saying how great it is and fair play to her. This family is a public health hazard and the support is overwhelming for them. Mind boggling stuff. I was worried by seeing how many visitors Kerry was getting, seems its the locals you need to be wary of.

Donegal was where we currently are a little over two weeks ago.

Goes to show how quickly this can blow up in the face of complacency!

Quackster wrote: »
    Donegal was where we currently are a little over two weeks ago.

Goes to show how quickly this can blow up in the face of complacency!

They border Northern Ireland which is riddled and I would imagine a large number of their citizenry commute in there for work every day.

Same as Louth.

They border Northern Ireland which is riddled and I would imagine a large number of their citizenry commute in there for work every day.

Same as Louth.
    No county is isolated though. We had loads of staycationers here from all over over the summer but we're still relatively unscathed.

Given the sudden upsurge in Cork now, I guess it's just a matter of time...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,708 ✭✭✭✭Igotadose

dobman88 wrote: »
    Jaysus. All the top comments saying how great it is and fair play to her. This family is a public health hazard and the support is overwhelming for them. Mind boggling stuff. I was worried by seeing how many visitors Kerry was getting, seems its the locals you need to be wary of.

+1 to that. The amount of flat earthers in Kerry, anti-mask, anti-vax, contrails... it's like the worst cesspools of Facebook at times.

Igotadose wrote: »
    +1 to that. The amount of flat earthers in Kerry, anti-mask, anti-vax, contrails... it's like the worst cesspools of Facebook at times.

We are a county the elected the Healy - Raes to be fair. Ties in well with the flat earthers.

• Advertisement

Big jump again. We weren't doing too badly this week and then 9. Any idea where in Kerry?

Advertisement