Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Any particular areas with clusters, I wonder, or widespread all over?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

Any particular areas with clusters, I wonder, or widespread all over?

Traffic core would be Castleisland based. Fire brigade in Listowel. And probably a few in Tralee

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,072 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Newtown90 wrote: »
    Indeed probably a mix of the Traffic Core and Listowel Fire Brigade Crew.

Looks ominous at this stage.
    Sardonicat wrote: »
    The Fire Brigade as well!?
    Newtown90 wrote: »
    Yes had been told earlier today about it and seen it on Killarney Today aswell

https://www.killarneytoday.com/business-continuity-plan-put-in-place-by-council/

Was there a big meet up gathering of all?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

JP Liz V1 wrote: »

They wouldn't all have tested positive, surely?

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

Did a girl in her twenties pass away in the last couple of days from it in UHK? Hope its not true but heard ut a few times today.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

I don't know how many there are in Listowel at this stage, but in recent days, the places that I know of that have closed are New2You, Jumbos, McKennas yard, the Listowel Garden Centre, and The Listowel Arms (they didn't even mention Covid when they announced on FB that they'd closed, but a local gossip has assured me that it was the reason).

Someone did say that it was the garden centre cafe that had closed, but as it's in the same building as the garden centre shop, I'm assuming that whole lot is closed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Listowel Races went ahead a couple of weeks ago because the locals would have starved if they cancelled it.

The muppets.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

I saw the Garden Centre post on FB this morning, they said it was only the cafe that was closed, was going to stop in there Saturday on my way home, glad I kept driving now!

Did a girl in her twenties pass away in the last couple of days from it in UHK? Hope its not true but heard ut a few times today.

There was a girl that age with it in ICU, hadn't heard about how she was faring, though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

A good few of these cases are college students. I know of a few confirmed and there's plenty stories about many more, most are based in Limerick or Cork so would be using their home address. A cousin of mine has it and shes self isolating in Cork

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

All I'm hearing is there are a lot in Listowel and that some apparently were on holiday and didn't self isolate. Lots of talk about it on Fb!

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭kennypowers

Every single case i am aware of can stem from students from ucc and cit returning home .Most were asymptomatic .Hopefully this is its Peake

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,342 ✭✭✭✭starlit

There is a new website called Covid hub that gives incidence rate of every 14 days. You need to zoom in to Ireland Map and click on electoral area for incidences in Kerry it won’t give exact numbers for each town.

https://covid19ireland-geohive.hub.arcgis.com/

North Kerry has become a hotspot in the last two weeks which is a shame.

embraer170 wrote: »
    Anyone know if the 14-day cumulative number of COVID-19 cases per 100,000 for Cork and Kerry is published anywhere? I can find the daily case numbers, but not the rate (that would be helpful to compare with other regions).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Every single case i am aware of can stem from students from ucc and cit returning home .Most were asymptomatic .Hopefully this is its Peake

That would make sense. Hopefully they haven't made it too difficult for their families to see to the needs of their older relatives while they isolate/recover. It's great they are asymptomatic but there are always knock on effects that someone else endures.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

I can't help but wonder how many people are actually asymptomatic. I am thinking about that a lot lately. I know it still means it can be passed on easily and the next person may not be so lucky, but I would love to see figures of how many people are actually getting sick with it, showing symptoms etc. I am not making light of it at all, just can't help but think about this stuff at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

This will help keep the momentum going...heheh Wait for a few days after it happened and watch the stats

https://www.northernsound.ie/no-major-injury-covid-19-concerns-monaghan-prepare-kerry/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭barryribs

Its sickening to see the glee you're taking in it to be honest.

My understanding is that all GAA players and staff are undergoing private testing

It says something that 14 is a comparative relief:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1316426339885383681

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

barryribs wrote: »
    My understanding is that all GAA players and staff are undergoing private testing
    That may be but as Peter Keane said in an interview today GAA players don't live in a bubble - they play their game and go home to families, then go to work, college etc. Regardless of testing I think all GAA games need to be postponed for the time being. Bringing a squad of 50 players, medics, physios, management, mentors etc etc across the country isn't really a great idea at the moment. Then the squad of 20+ players will play another 20+, close physical contact and the risk that goes along with that. I really can't see the need for any of it - though if county after county can't field teams and have to pull out of the championship we could be on for a Leitrim all Ireland double!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,072 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is GAA going ahead an essential necessity, why not just postpone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

lottpaul wrote: »
    That may be but as Peter Keane said in an interview today GAA players don't live in a bubble - they play their game and go home to families, then go to work, college etc. Regardless of testing I think all GAA games need to be postponed for the time being. Bringing a squad of 50 players, medics, physios, management, mentors etc etc across the country isn't really a great idea at the moment. Then the squad of 20+ players will play another 20+, close physical contact and the risk that goes along with that. I really can't see the need for any of it - though if county after county can't field teams and have to pull out of the championship we could be on for a Leitrim all Ireland double!!
    Testing players no use …. its the big after match parties in Cavan Meath Wexford that has put their case numbers through the roof

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭TigerTim

Totally agree with you. There are under age games going ahead this weekend too. Absolutely ridiculous & totally unnecessary. Teams going out of the county but parents can't go because of travel restrictions. The GAA must think players are immune to it.

T.

T.

Tralee Court had to be cleared today due to a Garda who was present saying he has coronavirus! I'm confused. If he knew he had it why was he there and if he was tested an waiting on results then he still should not have been there!?
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-court-closed-following-confirmed-covid-19-case/

• Registered Users Posts: 167 ✭✭myclist

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Tralee Court had to be cleared today due to a Garda who was present saying he has coronavirus! I'm confused. If he knew he had it why was he there and if he was tested an waiting on results then he still should not have been there!?
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-court-closed-following-confirmed-covid-19-case/

My thinking exactly. Thats gonna a be a hell of a hard one to explain. At this rate, there won't be any cops to police the lockdown when it comes!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,345 ✭✭✭phormium

It's hard to believe if the story is as reported! Seriously how on earth would a Garda think it was ok to go anywhere while awaiting test results, it beggars belief! No explanation could make it ok so I am waiting to see if it is clarified that this actually happened.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

barryribs wrote: »
    Its sickening to see the glee you're taking in it to be honest.

How in the name of sweet suffering Jesus did you come to this understanding may I ask?

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

phormium wrote: »
    It's hard to believe if the story is as reported! Seriously how on earth would a Garda think it was ok to go anywhere while awaiting test results, it beggars belief! No explanation could make it ok so I am waiting to see if it is clarified that this actually happened.

And did he just get a text while in court with the results? It doesn't make sense! Now the rest of the people in the court have to bes tested and self isolate. Such a stupid thing for the Garda to do!

Government have announced no household visits are allowed from tomorrow. But can meet them in a park or wherever, just not at their house or garden! Makes no sense!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭barryribs

Because the GAA are absolutely starved

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

According to Marty Morrissey this morning all Kerry players etc will drive themselves in their own cars to and from Monaghan - so it seems that match (and all other inter county ones) will go ahead.

Advertisement