Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭dobman88

lottpaul wrote: »
    According to Marty Morrissey this morning all Kerry players etc will drive themselves in their own cars to and from Monaghan - so it seems that match (and all other inter county ones) will go ahead.

Yeah, the examiner had it yesterday. Seems a bit mental. They've been meeting up to train, eat, mingle together but they cant get a bus together when they are going to have close physical contact with a group of 20 other lads on a pitch. I thought GAA HQ were bringing in testing for all teams so that obviously doesnt seem to be happening.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/gaa/arid-40064975.html?fbclid=IwAR3tF4G0IB92QPf7HHHiKffO0shUFzgE4l7EhZu_aQvfr6wLM0mObhphFEw

I love the GAA, I still play a bit but I am leaning more and more towards cancelling all games and competitions every day. The way Fermanagh have been treated is nothing short of a disgrace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭barryribs

How in the name of sweet suffering Jesus did you come to this understanding may I ask?

https://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/2020/1009/1170601-rapid-covid-19-testing-for-gaa-players-to-be-rolled-out/

This is a private lab that provides this service and not the HSE.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

lottpaul wrote: »
    According to Marty Morrissey this morning all Kerry players etc will drive themselves in their own cars to and from Monaghan - so it seems that match (and all other inter county ones) will go ahead.

what about the party afterwards though?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

frank8211 wrote: »
    They have to win first - and the next match the following weekend is against... Donegal. I have a feeling these may not take place at all. Cllr Terry O'Brien on radio today calling for postponement/abandonment, but the powers that be - and they are very powerful in Kerry GAA - may not be too happy with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,234 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

barryribs wrote: »

That’s for inter county players only, a tiny percentage of all players that you said earlier.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭barryribs

That’s for inter county players only, a tiny percentage of all players that you said earlier.

The specific game mentioned was the Kerry Monaghan game :confused: I didn't actually mean that every GAA player in the country at every level was getting testing done

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

ejmaztec wrote: »
    I think Listowel might be a bit of a hotspot, with an unknown number open to infection, with even CAB members being on the list after their raid last week. Also, a Jumbo's employee waltzed off on a trip with some of her pals, to Turkey I think, and then came back to return to work without any quarantining whatsoever, hence Jumbo's closing until the threat's gone. The same people connected to these "events", and who are supposed to be self isolating, are roaming the streets as if Covid doesn't exist. Stupidity on a grand scale.:mad:

Posting this in the Limerick Forum would get you an immediate red card/ban.
    A totally protected species, even during a Global Pandemic.
    Glad that the Kerry Mods view things differently. (for now anyway)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

frank8211 wrote: »

Party after a national league game?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Kerry LEA Fortnightly Update:

Tralee: 28 cases (84.8 per 100,000)
    Listowel: 63 " (219.7 " ")
    Corca Dhuibhne: 10 (70.5 " ")
    Killarney: 49 " (165.5 " ")
    Kenmare: 48 " (149.5 " ")
    Castleisland: 13 " (75.8 " ")

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭JohnGreenFan

39 new cases in Kerry today.

• Advertisement

Meanwhile, 39 is today's daily number, Kerry now averaging 16th overall:

https://twitter.com/newschambers/status/1316792818799726592

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,072 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Tralee Court had to be cleared today due to a Garda who was present saying he has coronavirus! I'm confused. If he knew he had it why was he there and if he was tested an waiting on results then he still should not have been there!?
    https://www.radiokerry.ie/tralee-court-closed-following-confirmed-covid-19-case/

He should face punishment, a fine at least

The GAA matches and training should be cancelled, postponed

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

another national school near listowel has positive case .
    not looking good when children have it

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    He should face punishment, a fine at least
    Was a tad surprised to see him named and photoed on the first page of the Kerry's Eye!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Quackster wrote: »
    Was a tad surprised to see him named and photoed on the first page of the Kerry's Eye!

I'm honestly more surprised at his stupidity.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,825 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

John_Rambo wrote: »
    I'm honestly more surprised at his stupidity.
    Well that goes without saying! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭The_Kitty

washman3 wrote: »
    Posting this in the Limerick Forum would get you an immediate red card/ban.
    A totally protected species, even during a Global Pandemic.
    Glad that the Kerry Mods view things differently. (for now anyway)

A lot of rumours circulating in Listowel are untrue. Become a bit like a witchhunt.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,962 ✭✭✭Radio5

Quackster wrote: »

Not really. Kerry's Eye speciality is photos of guards, solicitors, barristers, judges- no matter how mundane the case. Not quite as keen on photos of those on trial or convicted (where such photos are possible, I realise they are nor possible in all cases).

The carry on of that Garda is not very reassuring for those of us who have no choice but to pass a checkpoint everyday when taking children to school.

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Salvadoor

Kerry U-20 player tested positive for Covid

http://www.kerrygaa.ie/news_detail/10067281/

9 cases today.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

9 cases today.

Its a relief to see it so low again....for now!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

55 cases for Kerry!

And apparently that Garda who went to court and announced he was positive for covid had a false positive!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Creche in Tralee closing early for midterm due to 2 sets of parents testing positive and their kids were attending

Creche in Tralee closing early for midterm due to 2 sets of parents testing positive and their kids were attending

Oh no!
    Must be a preschool as most creches don't close for mid-term. My little boy's doesn't anyway (hope its not his).

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    Oh no!
    Must be a preschool as most creches don't close for mid-term. My little boy's doesn't anyway (hope its not his).

It's both preschool and creche. Sorry, place wudnt have closed but we wudnt have sent ours in for midterm

It's both preschool and creche. Sorry, place wudnt have closed but we wudnt have sent ours in for midterm

Ok. My boy is in preschool but its a creche facility too so his doesn't close and he goes in over mid-term anyway. I haven't been notified of anything so I'm praying its not his place!

36 for Kerry in today's figures.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Are they owning up to where the clusters are? I'm not even getting any gossip :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,141 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

ejmaztec wrote: »
    Are they owning up to where the clusters are? I'm not even getting any gossip :eek:

I have it on very good authority that there is a certain ethnic minority that have done their best to spread it in a town in the North of the county anyway.

I can't go into any further details as unlike blaming students and the GAA, it's not PC to point the finger in this direction.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭kerry cow

BPKS wrote:
    I have it on very good authority that there is a certain ethnic minority that have done their best to spread it in a town in the North of the county anyway.

soapy water and a good scrub of the hands is all that is expected of us all .I do it all the time , and you?

Advertisement