Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

24 for Kerry seems a lot. Tests from that Killorglin school?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

kn wrote: »

I know there have been some positive tests in west Kerry in the last few days - various messages from a school in Ballyferriter and another in Castlegregory about the need for some classes/pods to isolate for a while due to being close contacts of a very young member of a local GAA club who tested positive. The report on Raidio na G was a bit garbled and the two may not be linked to the same child etc but there was an interview with one principal and a comment from another verifying the school action. The child in question was very young and wouldn't have been travelling independently etc so there will be a lot of contact tracing, isolating etc going on - and clearly s/he must have family members or other contacts who are also positive, so a spike in numbers back here is inevitable I expect.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,771 ✭✭✭jimmytwotimes 2013

kn wrote: »

Primary in Dingle i think and cases in The Green too from what I've heard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

I think 2nd and third level should not return after Christmas and take up classes online.
    I'm not saying for certain these are the results of most of the cases but the amount of Students gathering after school and before with 0 social distancing or Masks is Crazy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

schools in Milltown and Cahirciveen also .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

frank8211 wrote: »
    schools in Milltown and Cahirciveen also .

No surprise there.
    I've seen school kids walking around with no masks, no social distancing, nothing. Its like there's nothing happening :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

amdaley28 wrote: »
    No surprise there.
    I've seen school kids walking around with no masks, no social distancing, nothing. Its like there's nothing happening :mad:

Nothing is happening to those kids cos they are not getting sick.

Go easy on them. When you were a teenager would you do what these kids are being asked to do. Be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭frank8211

BPKS wrote: »

Go easy on them. When you were a teenager would you do what these kids are being asked to do. Be honest.

Theyre carrying it to other people when they bring it home from the schools

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,142 ✭✭✭✭BPKS

Then the answer is simple, close the schools.

But thinking that a bunch of teenagers, who crave the company of their friends ahead of their family, will not congregate before, during and after school is just like sticking your head into the ground.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

BPKS wrote: »

There's plenty of them sick in Killorglin.
    Was talking to someone yesterday evening who has a son going to a school in Killorglin & at least seven of his classmates are out with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

Church of Ireland parishes in the diocese of Limerick and Killaloe, which includes Kerry, have been encouraged to cancel all Christmas Eve and Christmas Day services and move services online immediately. Killarney and Tralee/Ballymacelligott, Dingle/Camp have done so. I'd imagine Kenmare/Sneem and Killorglin/Castlemaine will do the same.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 279 ✭✭kev_Makaveli

Fine queue outside the bally mac bar now . They must really want some lidl pizzas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

Fine queue outside the bally mac bar now . They must really want some lidl pizzas

Some people are pathetic in all fairness.

The highest daily Kerry figure for at least a fortnight:

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1341805991743123459

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Have you evidence of this.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

washman3 wrote: »
    Have you evidence of this.?

Talk to the parents of School going children in Mid-Kerry

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

newman10 wrote: »
    Talk to the parents of School going children in Mid-Kerry

Have'nt a notion of doing so.!!
    And what would they tell me if I did.?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

amdaley28 wrote: »
    No surprise there.

The Cahersiveen outbreak was because a teacher attended a christening in Killorglin and infected a lot of students. I don’t think that you can blame them really.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

The Cahersiveen outbreak was because a teacher attended a christening in Killorglin and infected a lot of students. I don’t think that you can blame them really.

If that is true it's very scary that an educated person with such a responsible job could be so stupid.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

If that is true it's very scary that an educated person with such a responsible job could be so stupid.

Someone went to a christening...that's not the worst thing... you can't expect people to hole up for 18 months.....its not like the teacher was working in a bar part-time like a certain situation in Tralee...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

Apparently the christening was the source of the Killorglin outbreak. Family with Covid travelled from Kildare and infected people that they came into contact with.

Someone went to a christening...that's not the worst thing... you can't expect people to hole up for 18 months.....its not like the teacher was working in a bar part-time like a certain situation in Tralee...

It's not just "someone" though and if you can't see that straight off the cuff then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why people in a position of such responsibility should be extra cautious.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Two pubs in Kenmare packed last night and had to be cleared by the Gardai, videos were taken and hopefully will be used to ensure they will never be licenced to serve drink again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

It's not just "someone" though and if you can't see that straight off the cuff then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain to you why people in a position of such responsibility should be extra cautious.

You can take all the precautions in the world and still get infected.... hospital staff would be a case in point, but yes..I agree...waste of time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

John_Rambo wrote: »
    It will come to light that the school infections came from adults behaving irresponsibly. The Claremorris case was from a huge funeral gathering and Cavan cases were from adults boozing in groups during the Ulster final, others were from religious parties.

^^
    Apparently the christening was the source of the Killorglin outbreak. Family with Covid travelled from Kildare and infected people that they came into contact with.
    Two pubs in Kenmare packed last night and had to be cleared by the Gardai, videos were taken and hopefully will be used to ensure they will never be licenced to serve drink again.

Shut down the schools so adults can party and go on the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Heard of cases in a tralee school where adults from a religious minority went to Dublin for some event and brought it back to their families.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Heard of cases in a tralee school where adults from a religious minority went to Dublin for some event and brought it back to their families.

Yes, the religious minority events are having a majority affect on the religious majorities.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

A kerry community hospital one positive patient. Testing all patients and staff to be on safe side.

Advertisement