Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Heard of cases in a tralee school where adults from a religious minority went to Dublin for some event and brought it back to their families.

Cases from Killorglin were from the majority religious sect :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

John_Rambo wrote: »
    Yes, the religious minority events are having a majority affect on the religious majorities.

I'd say this event had an effect on the non religious as well. Good job it's a peaceful minority.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,251 ✭✭✭speckle

speckle wrote: »
    A kerry community hospital one positive patient. Testing all patients and staff to be on safe side.

All other patients in the hospital swabs negative..Well done everybody

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

I'd say this event had an effect on the non religious as well. Good job it's a peaceful minority.

Most of the religious super spreading events have been catholic communions, confirmations, funerals, weddings etc... If you're aware of another religious event that Kerry people travelled to the capital for just man up and spit it out and give up the sly, cute hoer hinting... Was it a bat mitsvah, a protestant Sunday school event? A Bandi Chhor Divas in October?

You're a big boy/girl, just type it out and let people know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,235 ✭✭✭Rows Grower

Most of the religious super spreading events have been catholic communions, confirmations, funerals, weddings etc... If you're aware of another religious event that Kerry people travelled to the capital for just man up and spit it out and give up the sly, cute hoer hinting... Was it a bat mitsvah, a protestant Sunday school event? A Bandi Chhor Divas in October?

You're a big boy/girl, just type it out and let people know.

Calm down Rambo.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Donald Trump, March 13th 2018.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1343248153584263174

19 Cases in Kerry but the figures are probably higher due to the reduced testing carried out on Christmas day.

theguzman wrote: »

19 Cases in Kerry but the figures are probably higher due to the reduced testing carried out on Christmas day.

Kenmare has one of the highest rates in the country at the moment. 440 per 100k.

"Very soon we are going to Mars. You wouldn't have been going to Mars if my opponent won, that I can tell you. You wouldn't even be thinking about it."

Kenmare has one of the highest rates in the country at the moment. 440 per 100k.

Alot of selfish expats came back from England before Christmas and infected half the place, of course they think rules don't apply to them since they don't live here anymore. No self-quarantine and pubs packed before Lockdown, the mutant strain is in Kenmare also.

Alot of selfish expats came back from England before Christmas and infected half the place, of course they think rules don't apply to them since they don't live here anymore. No self-quarantine and pubs packed before Lockdown, the mutant strain is in Kenmare also.

You're right, I know of three lads from a village outside Kenmare that came back for Christmas. All three have the virus and were in the packed pubs of Kenmare two nights in a row with other lads from the village before Christmas eve.

Brain dead, wreckless fools just like the greedy publicans that served them and all the others packed into their premises.

Calm down Rambo.

I'm calmer than most of ye. Sometimes the truth needs to be asked. That's not the first time I've questioned rumours on this thread and silenced them.

• Advertisement

I'm calmer than most of ye. Sometimes the truth needs to be asked. That's not the first time I've questioned rumours on this thread and silenced them.

LOL, is that actually a quote from Rambo the film?

I don't know which answer will be funniest, yes or no.

LOL, is that actually a quote from Rambo the film?

I don't know which answer will be funniest, yes or no.

Don't push it...

They drew first blood, not me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

We are on a par with Dublin on a pro rata basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,073 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

You're right, I know of three lads from a village outside Kenmare that came back for Christmas. All three have the virus and were in the packed pubs of Kenmare two nights in a row with other lads from the village before Christmas eve.

Brain dead, wreckless fools just like the greedy publicans that served them and all the others packed into their premises.

We need some punishments for not self isolating etc., breaches, high on spot fines :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    We need some punishments for not self isolating etc., breaches, high on spot fines :mad:

The Aussies have gone strict, no interstate travel, enforced quarantine in police run hotels, fines prison etc....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,094 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

At least Rathkeale isn't in Kerry, which is a bonus.

ejmaztec wrote: »
    At least Rathkeale isn't in Kerry, which is a bonus.

The Rathkeale brigade did enough damage around Listowel earlier on in the late summer Autumn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭wonga77

How do you know they have it? Surely they weren't around publicising it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,806 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

LEA rates just published:

Listowel: 6 (20.9 per 100,000)
    Tralee: 55 (166.5 per 100,000)
    Corca Dhuibhne 9 (63.5 per 100,000)
    Castleisland 11 (64.2 per 100,000)
    Killarney: 14 (47.3 per 100,000)
    Kenmare: 110 (438.9 per 100,000)

The Rathkeale brigade did enough damage around Listowel earlier on in the late summer Autumn.

Deleted because it still makes me so angry even seeing it typed here and I need to keep my blood pressure down. Surfice to say some people of all different sorts havnt been great but many more have gone the extra mile.

• Advertisement

More importantly Kilarney Community Hospital has been disignated so far as the 1st kerry center for mass vaccination. Does anyone think this a bit strange... susposedly their head of admin left/resigned last week. (not necessarily linked unless someone has more details) Do they have the space, infrastruture, staff and ability to deal with a very small minority that might need medical intervention aftetwards? Why not the hospital in tralee? Any ideas positive or negative or neutral?

Second pdf on page linked

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/bf337-covid-19-vaccination-strategy-and-implementation-plan/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,675 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Kenmare: 110 (438.9 per 100,000)
    Killorglin is within the Kenmare LEA and all of Iveragh with a bit of Beara and Kilgarvan. Most of that area would be relatively low density population, would it not?
    Therefore any outbreak would have a correspondingly big impact on the local stats?
    I presume that is what we are seeing with these numbers?

Also does the Govt/HSE release the R number anymore? I don't see it mentioned in reports whereas they were talking about it a lot earlier in the pandemic. George Lee seemed to always be on about it.

I think R0 number.. the only place I see it mentioned to is on twitter with paul reid HSE or Holahan/ nephet likewise... not seen it officially published... maybe the epidemiological reports?....maybe ask on main thread?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,891 ✭✭✭SlowBlowin

wonga77 wrote: »
    How do you know they have it? Surely they weren't around publicising it?

Heard the exact same story from many different sources now, its certainly something that a lot of people believe to be true. They are from a small village and as anyone who has lived in a small village knows information travels fast. I do not know 100%, but the number of people telling me the same thing makes me take heed.

I don't think if he (Rows) did know 100% the source of the information would be revealed on a national forum...

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

speckle wrote: »
    More importantly Kilarney Community Hospital has been disignated so far as the 1st kerry center for mass vaccination. Does anyone think this a bit strange... susposedly their head of admin left/resigned last week. (not necessarily linked unless someone has more details) Do they have the space, infrastruture, staff and ability to deal with a very small minority that might need medical intervention aftetwards? Why not the hospital in tralee? Any ideas positive or negative or neutral?

Second pdf on page linked

https://www.gov.ie/en/publication/bf337-covid-19-vaccination-strategy-and-implementation-plan/

A big carpark and some type of tent field hospital I'd say. Keeping the vaccination away from Tralee hospital is a wise move, lots of assymptomatic infected people will turn up for vaccination also based on sheer numbers alone.

23 cases today, 373 over the last fortnight:

https://www.rte.ie/news/coronavirus/2020/1228/1186690-covid-ireland/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 251 ✭✭Paul Weller

Discussions tomorrow at the cabinet meeting of whether or not to implement full level 5 restrictions.
    All non essential retail to shut..5km rule in effect...no word on schools... but you'd have to think they'll shut them also

• Advertisement

Following two countys numbers for the month december one with uk varient... kerry is the one without varient sequenced so far

hospitilizations plus ICU numbers notes for december 4th to 28th.

Only one covid patient in icu from dec 4th til dec 11th
    only one suspected in Icu dec 15th to 23rd.
    Started the month dec3 with one person covid hospitilization up to the 17th
    2 on the 18th
    3 on 19th
    2 on 20th
    1 on 21st 22nd 23rd
    2 on 24th
    1 on 25th 26th
    4 on 27th
    9 on 28th

Note this is the actual mumber present in the hospital on that day.. not added to each day accumatively.

All numbers come from official data via spookwoman on main thread.

Reminding people every number is a human being. Keep safe keep space. Please do not over interpret numbers either way.

Note KUH dies not have a large ICU and there is a time lag if diagnosised in the community until hospitalized unless you are already in hospital.

Advertisement