Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Covid-19 Kerry

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,402 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

Ciarrai76 wrote: »
    120 cases for Kerry on today's count.

Taking into account that yesterday's figures for Kerry would have included backlog cases, it would appear that we are coming in at approx 120 daily. Are we levelling off here? I really hope so. We're 7 days into Jan so most people who contracted it over the Christmas/NY will be symptomatic/ or contact traced by now. Hopefully, the restrictions and people's altered behaviour will result in a downward trend over the next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Sardonicat wrote: »
    Taking into account that yesterday's figures for Kerry would have included backlog cases, it would appear that we are coming in at approx 120 daily. Are we levelling off here? I really hope so. We're 7 days into Jan so most people who contracted it over the Christmas/NY will be symptomatic/ or contact traced by now. Hopefully, the restrictions and people's altered behaviour will result in a downward trend over the next week.

I was thinking that too. We should hopefully start seeing numbers dropping from next week. Hopefully by the end of Jan this could be looking at lot better. Who knows!?

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

What has been the response from The Healy Rae Party? Are they fighting the virus for the Kingdom or how would ye rate them? This will be unfair but from past experiences I assume they were anti mask anti lockdown, sure tis only the flu kinda people , Or are they actually on top of the situation locally, involved in local communities, meals on wheels etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,766 ✭✭✭John_Rambo

Igotadose wrote: »
    Dingle peninsula seems crammed with tourists today. Bikes, motorcycles, saw at least 1 tour bus. Lots of holiday homes busy.

Didn't they get the memo? FFS!

I think that donkey's been flogged to death at this stage. We all know the spread throughout the country has been from household mixing during the xmas period further augmented by group meet ups before the xmas dinner. The infux of locals home from other counties has a much bigger impact.

Pointing the finger at everyone else unless you're planning on mixing households with "tourists" (most likely locals) you're ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭pickled101

What has been the response from The Healy Rae Party? Are they fighting the virus for the Kingdom or how would ye rate them? This will be unfair but from past experiences I assume they were anti mask anti lockdown, sure tis only the flu kinda people , Or are they actually on top of the situation locally, involved in local communities, meals on wheels etc?

The Healy Rae's are anti everything that is bad for rural Ireland and especially Kerry.

They are not stupid people and obviously are supporting the people of Kerry in every way possible through this pandemic.

Someone has to question the government decisions and hold them to account.

No I didn't vote for any of them and I'm from Tipperary just happen to live in Kerry

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

https://www.independent.ie/world-news/coronavirus/i-cant-wear-one-because-it-starts-me-into-a-fit-of-coughing-danny-healy-rae-says-he-wont-be-wearing-a-facemask-in-dail-39385745.html

https://www.irishtimes.com/news/ireland/irish-news/covid-19-face-coverings-not-mandatory-in-michael-healy-rae-s-shop-1.4327409

https://www.independent.ie/irish-news/seanad-regina-doherty-blasts-three-tds-for-vaccine-scaremongering-39857890.html

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Salvadoor

pickled101 wrote: »
    The Healy Rae's are anti everything that is bad for rural Ireland and especially Kerry.

They are not stupid people and obviously are supporting the people of Kerry in every way possible through this pandemic.

Someone has to question the government decisions and hold them to account.

No I didn't vote for any of them and I'm from Tipperary just happen to live in Kerry

Danny most certainly is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Boom__Boom wrote: »

Regina Doherty on a high horse.......Check out her own past

There is a bigger issue as to whether is is legal for a Shop Owner/Manager to challenge a person about wearing a facemask and some issues regarding the refusal to serve such people
    AFAIK the word is obligatory to wear a facemask and the Guards are the only people with the legal power to enforce the rules

There is also personal responsibility which has been quite lacking imo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Danny most certainly is.

Why call him stupid, he has legitimate views that you just don't agree with but we are all entitled to opinions

• Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭Salvadoor

newman10 wrote: »
    Why call him stupid, he has legitimate views that you just don't agree with but we are all entitled to opinions

Danny Healy Rae's legitimate views:

"If you eat too much and get in behind the wheel of a car, then you’re a danger on the road because you are likely to fall asleep after eating a big meal."

“God above is in charge of the weather and that we here can’t do anything about it”.

Regarding the N22: "“There are numerous fairy forts in that area,I know that they are linked. Anyone that tampered with them back over the years paid a high price and had bad luck.”

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭barryribs

Theres surely 55 other threads on the dynasty where this can be discussed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭theguzman

262 new cases of Covid19 in Kerry for yet another new record high

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1347613669052608521

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭hanamandiol

Salvadoor wrote: »
    Danny most certainly is.

Most certainly not stupid .Highly intelligent likeable gentleman.
    May not be as articulate as you

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭Dank Janniels

barryribs wrote: »
    Theres surely 55 other threads on the dynasty where this can be discussed

I only asked the question to see what the political response is, they are a popular "party" across the country and is interesting see how they are managing it. I'm from the Roscommon Galway constituency and our TDs have been rarely seen all lockdowns!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,392 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Can we drop the Healy-Rae talk please. Keep on topic! Mod

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

https://www.irishexaminer.com/news/munster/arid-40202018.html?type=amp

Some nine climbers from four parties were rescued in dangerous conditions from Carrauntoohil, Ireland’s highest mountain, on Tuesday.

None of those involved were from within 5km of the foot of the mountain, and social media reports suggest at least some of the parties were Cork-based, a distance of almost 120kms.

Some 60 cars packed the narrow roadsides at the foot of Mangerton mountain on Saturday and again on Sunday, with walkers drawn from all over Kerry to the remote, sparsely populated spot.

Absolute knob ends.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,852 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

South African strain is reported to be in the country now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,438 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

South African strain is reported to be in the country now.

Hardly comes as any great surprise. Our greatest asset, being an island, thrown away and our do whatever you like Christmas.

Hardly comes as any great surprise. Our greatest asset, being an island, thrown away and our do whatever you like Christmas.

To paraphrase MM. Politics comes before science. They gambled and lost.. But of course will be voted back in next time because that's what the electorate does.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

To paraphrase MM. Politics comes before science. They gambled and lost.. But of course will be voted back in next time because that's what the electorate does.

Tbf....when Fine Gael were at the tiller....we had some sense of direction....we don't get that feeling at all from FF....and putting SF in charge of this would be absolute disaster

• Advertisement

75 new cases of Covid19 in Kerry today, a large drop from yesterday's peak. Hopefully this is the start of a downward trajectory.

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1347954849573462016

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 808 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Tbf....when Fine Gael were at the tiller....we had some sense of direction....we don't get that feeling at all from FF....and putting SF in charge of this would be absolute disaster

How do we know ?
    We've had FF, FG or a mixture of both all our lives & where has that got us ?
    Surely SF can't be any worse that the Three stooges Moe, Larry & Curly ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭The Inbetween is mine

amdaley28 wrote: »
    How do we know ?

Oh they can, and most assuredly will....they are absolutely clueless.

amdaley28 wrote: »
    How do we know ?

Vote them in and we're back to touts being knee capped. Had interaction with someone on a gardening FB group who was of that opinion.
    You wouldn't want Mary lou in the Teeseachs office.

Can we please stop with the politics talk, this isn't a thread for it! Go to a relevant Politics thread elsewhere if you want to discuss politics. As previously requested, keep on topic!! MOD

• Registered Users Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭Radio5

Good to see vaccinations beginning in UHK, Community hospitals & nursing homes. I wonder when HSE and private company home helps/carers, who are going into homes of elderly/vulnerable every day, will begin being vaccinated?

192 new cases of Covid19 in Kerry today

https://twitter.com/gavreilly/status/1348320613518225409?s=20

66 new cases of Covid19 in Kerry today

https://twitter.com/ZaraKing/status/1348690807948255232?s=20

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭lottpaul

News on Raidio na Gaeltachta this evening that 5 patients in West Kerry Community Hospital have tested positive for the virus. Families have been told and the patients have been isolated etc.

• Advertisement

The situation for Kerry has passed critical and is an absolute state of meltdown effectively with no General or Critical beds available, the relief valve to Cork won't work since they are in an equally precarious situation themselves and UHL Limerick has precious little capacity either. KUH has 23 cases of Covid hospitalised.

HSE operations report for Monday 11/01/21

12-01-2021-p1-beds.jpg
    12-01-2021-p2-beds.jpg
    12-01-2021-p3-beds.jpg
    12-01-2021-p4-beds.jpg

Advertisement