Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

HUAWEI-B525

• 13-04-2020 7:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭

Hi .Currently have Vodafone mobile broadband working of the HUAWEI -B525. 300gb for 40 a month with the option of adding 100gb once off for €10.
    Between working from home and 2 kids with Xbox and PS4 .This is cutting it real tight
    I want to purchase the 750gb mobile package from Eir but they are out of stock on the router
    my questions are
    1.Will the Vodafone supplies router take the EIR sim
    2.Will EIR supply it without the router
    3.Will a generic router do the EIR if they supply sim only

3 simcards dont work in my location ,tested already and imagine are full,plus no lines laid for any other type of broadband 1

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 noa2020

Used to work in Carphone Warehouse, not sure about the 528 but all the mobile routers we sold at the time were locked to the network they were bought on. Haven’t worked there in a year though so could have changed.

It doesn’t look like they sell the sim and device separately but no harm in giving them a call and see will they send the sim card out before the device. Any unlocked 4G router off amazon/eBay will work with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Elysium1

oleard1987 wrote: »
    Hi .Currently have Vodafone mobile broadband working of the HUAWEI -B525. 300gb for 40 a month with the option of adding 100gb once off for €10.
    Between working from home and 2 kids with Xbox and PS4 .This is cutting it real tight
    I want to purchase the 750gb mobile package from Eir but they are out of stock on the router
    my questions are
    1.Will the Vodafone supplies router take the EIR sim
    2.Will EIR supply it without the router
    3.Will a generic router do the EIR if they supply sim only

3 simcards dont work in my location ,tested already and imagine are full,plus no lines laid for any other type of broadband 1

Hi, I've been using 3's 4G on the same router.

Are you hoping to get the router as part of a package or do you mind paying for it? I got mine on Amazon and they are in stock.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Huawei-B525s-23a-stat-Router-300Mbps/dp/B06Y2MB3J2/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=Huawei+B525s&qid=1587335001&s=computers&sr=1-1

Whether the router is locked, depends on where you buy it. If you buy it from a network, more than likely it is, and same with Carphone W. as the other poster said. I got mine unlocked on Amazon. A for Eir, just ask them! Say if you get your own router will that work. The worst theyll say is no.

Advertisement