Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wanted: UAR

• 13-04-2020 10:04pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭

Hey Lads, just wondering if anyone here is selling a UAR.

thanks, John.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭TheWarChicken

Nerovad wrote: »
    Hey Lads, just wondering if anyone here is selling a UAR.

thanks, John.

I've got one but there's a bit wrong with the stock. The spring from the charging handle is gone, but more importantly the "lock" on the stock has also broken.
    Other than that the gearbox is in good order, and there's an extended inner barrel installed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,265 ✭✭✭Nerovad

I've got one but there's a bit wrong with the stock. The spring from the charging handle is gone, but more importantly the "lock" on the stock has also broken.
    Other than that the gearbox is in good order, and there's an extended inner barrel installed.

How's things, thanks for the reply. I'll come back to you about it... Are the parts replaceable do you reckon?

Cheers.

Nerovad wrote: »
    How's things, thanks for the reply. I'll come back to you about it... Are the parts replaceable do you reckon?

Cheers.
    Short answer, yes

The "bolt" spring has the same diameter as an AK charging handle spring, it would fit if you cut one down. The stock is more difficult, you can just get a new one, I'd imagine retailers would have them in the parts bucket.

As you can see in the pictures, I've put two bits of metal in to keep tension and stop the "bolt" falling open, it works perfectly and you can still access the hop up on the fly, you just can't lock it back.
    As you can see on the "bolt" there's a hole for the notch on the stock, which has broken off, hence it won't lock.

It doesn't really affect the aesthetic or performance but it might be a personal niggle, in either case you can replace the parts.

Come back to me when you're ready, it's not like I'm going anywhere! :D
    Thanks, Steven.

Short answer, yes

The "bolt" spring has the same diameter as an AK charging handle spring, it would fit if you cut one down. The stock is more difficult, you can just get a new one, I'd imagine retailers would have them in the parts bucket.

As you can see in the pictures, I've put two bits of metal in to keep tension and stop the "bolt" falling open, it works perfectly and you can still access the hop up on the fly, you just can't lock it back.
    As you can see on the "bolt" there's a hole for the notch on the stock, which has broken off, hence it won't lock.

It doesn't really affect the aesthetic or performance but it might be a personal niggle, in either case you can replace the parts.

Come back to me when you're ready, it's not like I'm going anywhere! :D
    Thanks, Steven.
    Hey Steven, how much had you in mind??

Given that you might want to get another stock, I think €80 is fair. I do have the original magazine going with it although I wouldn't recommend using it. I have two tan high caps that I can put with it, they work very well. I have no use for STANAG other than this rifle. It should be €13 registered post, or €9 standard, that's going off the an post website.

• Advertisement

Given that you might want to get another stock, I think €80 is fair. I do have the original magazine going with it although I wouldn't recommend using it. I have two tan high caps that I can put with it, they work very well. I have no use for STANAG other than this rifle. It should be €13 registered post, or €9 standard, that's going off the an post website.
    Cheers Steven but it's out of my budget range,
    I was only after sometime in the 50 mark... just for target practice out the back.. for sanity reasons. ðŸ˜

Heya,
    Just because of the situation we're in, and the fact I want to be rid of it, we'll make a deal. I haven't used it since I got an AK and it's taking up space, plus I'm trying to get a new motorcycle. If you pay for the postage and paypal I'll let go of it for €50 with the MBUS sight and original mag.
    Regads, Steven

Advertisement