Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plumber Recommendation

Options
  • 14-04-2020 10:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hi Folks

Its been 2 years since there was a plumber recommendation on this forum. Now I am looking for a plumber to help with a leak. Any recent recommendations? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭rolling boh

.if you google plumber during covid 19 you will get some serving Dublin 15 it will cost but if the job needs to be done you will have to pay about 100 plus an hour .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,505 ✭✭✭daymobrew

There are three plumbers on the Riverwood Residents Association's Tradespersons page. I don't know if any are working at the moment. You'll have to call them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭quazzy

I used this guy twice in the last 18 months.

First time was just to swap out a tap in the kitchen. All sorted no issues.

Second time was to come look at my heating system as some radiators weren't heating.

Nice guy to talk deal with.

Second time around he couldn't find the problem and said it could be the boiler (which wasn't his expertise) and didn't charge for his time (he was in the house for about 20-30 minutes). He recommended another plumber (that knew more about gas boilers etc...) to come and look.

https://touch.adverts.ie/plumbers/plumber-available/10696320

Ping him on adverts and at the very least he should get back to you. Which is nice. Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,116 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

I've just been quoted €200 for a plumber to remove and refit a toilet so that the tiler can tile under it as that's what the previous tiler had done. I'm in absolute shock at that price and simply can't pay that on top of the tiler and tiles. I'd just put lino on top except a couple of the previous tiles are broken and wobbly. Anywone know someone who will charge a reasonable price for what can't be a difficult job.

Tried to contact the guy above but can't do that without an offer being accepted?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,151 ✭✭✭Dr_Colossus

Caranica wrote: »
    I've just been quoted €200 for a plumber to remove and refit a toilet so that the tiler can tile under it as that's what the previous tiler had done. I'm in absolute shock at that price and simply can't pay that on top of the tiler and tiles. I'd just put lino on top except a couple of the previous tiles are broken and wobbly. Anywone know someone who will charge a reasonable price for what can't be a difficult job.

Tried to contact the guy above but can't do that without an offer being accepted?

Can't help with a recommendation but that's pretty crazy and likely involves a couple of visits as he wouldn't be able to refit the toilet until the tile adhesive is set and tiles grouted. Shouldn't be much more than 30mins barring any problems or modifications.

Tiling under the toilet is the correct approach but surely the tiler can remove the toilet for the time required to tile under it. It's a simple DIY job and shouldn't need the assistance of a plumber. Any tiler should be relatively comfortable with plumbing fixtures from removal and reinstallation of sanitary wear.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Sunny_Arms

Hi! I highly recommend J Blanton Plumbing which can be found on this website. We had our kitchen pipes broken last time and called for their service. I highly recommend their professionalism and great services! they were able to fix our pipe quickly and without a mess!

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭wibago

I'm in dire need of a good plumber with reasonable rates if anyone can recommend one? The drain from my kitchen is blocked and the chap who fitted our boiler doesn't think he can tackle this....if anyone knows of anyone reliable I'd be really grateful if you could let me have their details. Many thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 16,747 ✭✭✭✭banie01

Post edited by banie01 on

Advertisement