If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query - Denon 2600 and 2 subs

Options
  • 14-04-2020 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭

Have one myself but cant seem to get a second sub working with it, is there a setting to switch it to 7.2? if there is I cant find it !!!

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

kingaaa wrote: »
    Have one myself but cant seem to get a second sub working with it, is there a setting to switch it to 7.2? if there is I cant find it !!!
    Hi Kingaaa.

I've checked over the manual and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn the sub outputs on or off.

Have you tried the 2nd subwoofer in the first output to ensure the sub is working.
    You could also try switching the cables of the two subs.
    I'm sure you have most likely tried these.

Did you also try and run the the test tone when the 2nd subwoofer is connected or try the setup mic again and run a completely new setup installation.

The below is taken from the the 2600 manual which might be worth checking:
    [font=Arial, "ヒラギノ角ゴ Pro W3", "Hiragino Kaku Gothic Pro", メイリオ, Meiryo, Osaka, "MS Pゴシック", "MS P Gothic", sans-serif]If “Speaker Config.” - “Front” and “Center” are set to “Large”, and “Subwoofer Mode” is set to “LFE”, no sound may be output from the subwoofers, depending on the input signal or selected sound mode.[/font]

The only reference I can see for the sub on and off is on the following page of the manual:
    http://manuals.denon.com/AVRX2600H/NA/EN/GFNFSYvdfworfs.php

Let me know if any of this has been of help.

Kenny.[/font][/size][/color]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,337 ✭✭✭kingaaa

Hi Kingaaa.

I've checked over the manual and there doesn't seem to be a way to turn the sub outputs on or off.

Have you tried the 2nd subwoofer in the first output to ensure the sub is working.

Did you also try and run the the test tone when the 2nd subwoofer is connected or try the setup mic again and run a completely new setup installation.

[font=Arial,]If “Speaker Config.” - “Front” and “Center” are set to “Large”, and “Subwoofer Mode” is set to “LFE”, no sound may be output from the subwoofers, depending on the input signal or selected sound mode.[/font]

The only reference I can see for the sub on and off is on the following page of the manual:

I'll try switching them Kenny, thanks

Hi Kingaaa.

[font=Arial,]If “Speaker Config.” - “Front” and “Center” are set to “Large”, and “Subwoofer Mode” is set to “LFE”, no sound may be output from the subwoofers, depending on the input signal or selected sound mode.[/font]

Hey Kingaaa.

Let me know the out come.

Hi Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

well, switched them all around today and it is a problem with the sub, and its the VW8 not the Jamo !!! took it apart to see if there were any visible problems - nothing, board and speaker look fine so I plugged it back in without the speaker cover and there is something getting to the cone, you can feel it - but turn the level up to 100% and it feels like 2% !!! I'm really not too keen on throwing good money after bad, this is my 2nd VW8 after you so kindly got my first one replaced when it went into melt-down !!! any other options out there in the sub-world?

Hi Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

well, switched them all around today and it is a problem with the sub, and its the VW8 not the Jamo !!! took it apart to see if there were any visible problems - nothing, board and speaker look fine so I plugged it back in without the speaker cover and there is something getting to the cone, you can feel it - but turn the level up to 100% and it feels like 2% !!! I'm really not too keen on throwing good money after bad, this is my 2nd VW8 after you so kindly got my first one replaced when it went into melt-down !!! any other options out there in the sub-world?
    Hey Kingaa.

Sorry to hear it was the sub that was faulty. At least we know the 2600 is in working order.

For a new sub it really depends what you want to spend.

Polk have their new PSW10e priced at £179.00. I could offer one of these for £170
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204550-polk-audio-psw10e-black-subwoofer.aspx

Q Acoustics also have the 3070S priced at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201189-q-acoustics-3070s-graphite-subwoofer.aspx

Fynee Audio have the F3.8 priced at £299. I could offer one of these on a deal at £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13666-fyne-audio-f3-8-subwoofer-black-ash-black-ash-subwoofer.aspx

Or the Monitor Audio Bronze W10 which I  could offer for £289
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12912-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-black-subwoofer.aspx

Let me know your thoughts.

Kenny.

• Advertisement

Hi Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaaa.

Hey Kingaa.

Sorry to hear it was the sub that was faulty. At least we know the 2600 is in working order.

For a new sub it really depends what you want to spend.

Polk have their new PSW10e priced at £179.00. I could offer one of these for £170
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-204550-polk-audio-psw10e-black-subwoofer.aspx

Q Acoustics also have the 3070S priced at £179
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-201189-q-acoustics-3070s-graphite-subwoofer.aspx

Fynee Audio have the F3.8 priced at £299. I could offer one of these on a deal at £249
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-13666-fyne-audio-f3-8-subwoofer-black-ash-black-ash-subwoofer.aspx

Or the Monitor Audio Bronze W10 which I  could offer for £289
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-12912-monitor-audio-bronze-w10-black-subwoofer.aspx

Kenny.
    Leave it with me Kenny, money is a bit tight at the moment - might have to do with one sub for a while....any news on my vector bass driver or is Monitor Audio still closed down?

actually messing around with it this morning and I got it to work, whatever the problem is its related to the level knob on the amp, turn it all the way up and give it a sharp turn bass kicks in, kinda reminds me of a bad pot on a guitar, dont know if it can be fixed?

actually messing around with it this morning and I got it to work, whatever the problem is its related to the level knob on the amp, turn it all the way up and give it a sharp turn bass kicks in, kinda reminds me of a bad pot on a guitar, dont know if it can be fixed?
    Hi Kingaaa.

Do you mean the volume control on the front of the unit?

Do you have to do this for both subwoofers?
    This is not a fault I have ever came across before and not sure how the volume control would effect the sub preouts.
    The sub preouts operate on the lower frequencies and once the sub gets those frequencies it will kick into action.

A bad preout connection would cause popping and static through the sub and would be affected by moving the sub cable where it connects to the amp.

If you unplug the sub from the amp and turn the sub on. Touch your finger onto the end of the cable and it should cause the sub the hum or pop and this will indicate that the sub is getting a signal.

It might be worth dropping Denon technical guys a call to see what they say.

Kenny.

Hi Kingaaa.

This is not a fault I have ever came across before and not sure how the volume control would effect the sub preouts.
    The sub preouts operate on the lower frequencies and once the sub gets those frequencies it will kick into action.

A bad preout connection would cause popping and static through the sub and would be affected by moving the sub cable where it connects to the amp.

If you unplug the sub from the amp and turn the sub on. Touch your finger onto the end of the cable and it should cause the sub the hum or pop and this will indicate that the sub is getting a signal.

Kenny.
    sorry, explained that all wrong !!! no, meant the volume control on the amp of the VW8, at the back of the sub - the Denon is working great !!

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    sorry, explained that all wrong !!! no, meant the volume control on the amp of the VW8, at the back of the sub - the Denon is working great !!
    Hi kingaaa,

If it is the volume control on the sub and it needs fixed the best we can do is supply a new amp module for it!

A new amp module for a VW8 would be £160.

Let me know what you think!

Kind regards

David

• Advertisement

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    Hi kingaaa,

If it is the volume control on the sub and it needs fixed the best we can do is supply a new amp module for it!

Kind regards

David
    I got my replacement driver for the vector yesterday, working a treat now....thanks!!! My sub is still acting up though, Intermittently working so I think it's a new sub rather than replacing the amp module.....Anybody have a Polk PSW10E? they seem to get decent reviews on the internet, was wondering what the comparisons between it and the VW8 wold be like???

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    I got my replacement driver for the vector yesterday, working a treat now....thanks!!! My sub is still acting up though, Intermittently working so I think it's a new sub rather than replacing the amp module.....Anybody have a Polk PSW10E? they seem to get decent reviews on the internet, was wondering what the comparisons between it and the VW8 wold be like???
    Hey Kingaaa.

Glad it arrived with you :)

The Polk is a decent enough little subwoofer and would give the Vetra VW8 a run for its money.
    Currently priced at £179

You could maybe also check out the Cambridge X200 coming in at £199
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11117-cambridge-audio-minx-x200-x201-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

I could offer a deal on the Fyne Audio F3.8 retials at £299 but I could offer one to you for a special price of £225 (While stocks last)

Kenny.

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kingaaa.

The Polk is a decent enough little subwoofer and would give the Vetra VW8 a run for its money.
    Currently priced at £179

https://www.richersounds.ie/p-11117-cambridge-audio-minx-x200-x201-black-black-subwoofer.aspx

I could offer a deal on the Fyne Audio F3.8 retials at £299 but I could offer one to you for a special price of £225 (While stocks last)

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny, I messaged you earlier - if you can still do the Polk at £170 delivered I'll take a black one please ?

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kingaaa.

Currently priced at £179

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny, I messaged you earlier - if you can still do the Polk at £170 delivered I'll take a black one please ?
    Hey Kingaa.

Didn't see a PM from you.

I can still can offer the Polk at the £170.

I'll drop you a call in the morning for some details.

Kenny.

Hi Kingaaa.

Kenny.
    Hi kingaaa,

Kind regards

David
    Hey Kingaaa.

Currently priced at £179

Kenny.
    Hey Kingaa.

Didn't see a PM from you.

I can still can offer the Polk at the £170.

I'll drop you a call in the morning for some details.

Kenny.
    Smashing Kenny, thanks

Kenny, whats the delivery time during the lockdown? any chance of having it by the weekend?

Kenny, whats the delivery time during the lockdown? any chance of having it by the weekend?
    Hey Kingaaa.

Sorry for the delay.

Things are really busy at this end.

I can get it shipped tomorrow and it should arrive with you in Dublin on Friday.

Will drop you a call shortly.

Kenny.

Hey Kingaaa.

Sorry for the delay.

I can get it shipped tomorrow and it should arrive with you in Dublin on Friday.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny, I got that by Friday, thanks for the fast shipping - I've been testing it for a full week and I've got to say, for the price it's fantastic !!! so much so I'll take another one if you have them in stock?

Hey Kingaaa.

Sorry for the delay.

Kenny.
    Hi Kenny, I got that by Friday, thanks for the fast shipping - I've been testing it for a full week and I've got to say, for the price it's fantastic !!! so much so I'll take another one if you have them in stock?
    Hi Kingaaa,

We do still have limited stock of these available in the warehouse!

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with one!

Kind regards

David

Hey Kingaaa.

Sorry for the delay.

Kenny.
    Hi Kingaaa,

We do still have limited stock of these available in the warehouse!

Let me know if you'd like to go ahead with one!

Kind regards

David
    yes David, 100%....give me a ring whenever and we'll sort it out?

• Advertisement

DJW22 wrote: »
    Hi

Am thinking of purchasing the Denon avr-2600.  However my centre speaker will be 1 foot right of centre in a tv cabinet. 
    Can the Denon adjust the sound from the centre speaker to appear it is coming from exact the centre of the TV (when coupled with the two main front speakers)?

Thanks
    It has "Audessey" setup, probably do something close to what your looking for?

DJW22 wrote: »
    Hi,  That's great if that will work.  What do you think of that receiver? Would it work well with Klipsch bookshelf speakers?
    Thanks
    I cant fault it, I replaced a Yamaha RX667 with it and it's been fantastic - I have it in my cabin with an Optoma GT1080 short throw projector on to a 133 inch screen, the up-scaling is brilliant, lots of inputs (I'm only using 4)... I still use My Monitor audio Vector speakers with the Polk and a Jamo sub (the 2 x sub outputs is another great feature) and it sounds fantastic, your Klipsch speakers should work well with it

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, RicherSounds.ie Moderator Posts: 2,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Ritz

Mod Comment

Hi kingaaa,

Given that you opened this thread it seems odd to say this but..... queries here are for Richersounds to answer ! Please take a moment to read the Charter for details including the following:

• As a general principle, if you're not asking Richersounds for a quote/information/involved in a deal here, it's usually best to proceed with caution. A more judicious approach to interventions and expressing opinions is needed here than would otherwise prevail in a general discussion area, such as the Home Entertainment Forums.

• If you see a post which is looking for a quote or advice from RS, please resist the urge to offer your opinion. Such queries are not an open invitation for posters to make suggestions etc, these queries should be left to RS to answer. If queries or requests for quotes attracted everyone's opinion, the forum would be unworkable. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

• If you have an opinion on some matter related to the items that Richersounds sells, or you wish to give people the benefit of your advice on some related issue, Please do not post it in this forum. There are other fora on Boards in the Tech section on Home Entertainment or TV related topics, or in the Consumer fora, which are suitable locations for endowing Boardies with the benefit of any advice or opinion you wish to offer. Bearing in mind the purpose of this forum, posts along the lines described here are not appropriate and will be suitably snipped or deleted without warning. This approach is taken to ensure the workability of this particular forum and to ensure that general advice and discursive posts are made in the appropriate forum. This is not intended to prevent the usual chat and banter which you will regularly see on the RS forum.

I’ve also amended the title of the thread to better reflect the subject matter.

Hi DJW22,

I’m moving your query to a separate thread to avoid confusion for RS, it’s almost always better to open a new thread if you have a query here, much more straightforward to manage.

Cheers,

Ritz.

your right, it does sound odd !!!!

Cheers for the input Kingaaa.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.