Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Polytunnel - what type of beds

Options
  • 14-04-2020 11:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭

I'm considering purchasing a 4x3 Polytunnel and am a complete beginner to gardening.

Wondering if anyone can recommend what I will need inside. Should I have raised beds on legs, or ground level raised beds.

Any recommendations on how to set it up would be great.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 754 ✭✭✭Hocus Focus

Ground level raised beds, one plank high, would be best. I thought that two plank high ones would be easier on my back, but not really, and they require twice as much material to fill them. Also twice as much digging when it comes time to refresh them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

As your indoors I'd not be spending time and money knocking up raised beds, the best approach is to measure out your growing areas, mark with string lines and sticks then dig channels around these areas throwing the earth into them and hey presto you'll have the start of raised beds.

Basically like this

3484T.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nutty Nutritionist

Thats a good idea. I might do that on one side and raised beds on the other. Thank you.

Advertisement