Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Cherry Blossom Season 2020

Options
  • 14-04-2020 12:20pm

I splashed out on two Prunus Accolades for my back lawn in February. Along with some pleached limes they are the first additions to my garden. I have not yet moved into my house as I live abroad, but I had planned on spending a few weeks there in April and was looking forward to seeing the cherry blossoms.

Alas my travel plans were cancelled due to the pandemic. I am currently stuck in the Middle East. No one is around at home to take pictures of my cherry blossoms so I'll have to wait until next year to see them.

So...
    Please cheer me up by posting pictures of your cherry trees this April. :)
    It would be great to get two pictures:

1) A close up of the blossoms
    2) A photo of the full tree from a distance (for the wow factor!)

It would also be great if you could also mention the variety of Prunus in your posts.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Mine are only coming into leaf now.

• Registered Users Posts: 31,069 ✭✭✭✭Lumen

Not sure whether this is the sort of thing you're after, but this is my Primus avium, Stella on Gisela 5 rootstock, planted from bare root 2 years ago. It's only about 2m tall.

It's supposed to be productive rather than pretty, but I wish it was a bit prettier!

Click for big versions.

Sma72lpl.jpg hN560iwl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

My cherry blossom

Advertisement