Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LED Security light with PIR recommendations

Options
  • 14-04-2020 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 122 ✭✭

I am looking to replace existing halogen lights with approx 6-8 LED Security lights with PIR. I am looking for recommendations within a budget of €50 max per light. House is detached bungalow facing the road. House is approx 30m back from the road.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,596 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I always go with Stinel. They make a €30ish sensor light that takes a standard ES 27 screw in lamp. You can install a LED lamp in these. Not very bright but work well and as with all Stinel products have a 5 year warranty.

Otherwise buy a high quality Stinel sensor and connect it to a cheap LED floodlight.

Within your budget that is what I would recommend.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,522 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Get the best LED lights you can, friend of mine has 4 LED 20W external floodlights run via one PIR, on the front of a garage, so regularly switched by passing traffic and pedestrians, all 4 of the lights have failed after 12 months, it seems the internal power supplies in cheaper LED lights are not best suited to being regularly switched via a single PIR, and I'm wondering if there are also issues with multiple units off one PIR, maybe some strange surge issues or similar.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

Advertisement