Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Payment Options for Sex Work?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 novemberbass

Cheers again everyone!

Ironclaw, definitely a good idea, they may be able to get advice through SWAI, or at least a recommendation of a solicitor.

cianos, I believe you can get that info for a company, but I don't think you can for a sole trader? I think the most you could get is an address from the CRO search for sole trader?

The problem with the likes of only fans is they don't really support offline sex work, so that's why they were looking for a payment solution for that. They are currently using paysafe card for some transactions, which is ok for now, the client buys a "top up" and sends the code to my friend, they then add that amount to their card.

albernazj93, Stripe would have been ideal, but the consensus here is that the account will get flagged and probably shut down and the link I provided above shows it's not sex worker friendly either.

onedmc, this has been discussed already. It's legal. My friend is looking for a legitimate way to accept payments. The problem is not with the law of the country, the problem is with payment gateways not wanting to associate themselves with this type of industry. The only reason they want to provide a generic name is so clients don't have to worry about what shows up on their card statement. The issue here is taboo, not law.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,230 ✭✭✭jaxxx

onedmc wrote: »
    If the "sex work" is illegal in this country then surley we should not be commenting at all as we are aiding the crime. Which is one thing

But sound like money laundering or even worse tax evasion so I dont think this should be on boards at all. Is there no policy on boards regarding this.

Selling sex is not illegal, it's the buying of sex that is illegal.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

FFVII wrote: »
    Tax evading is perfectly legal.

Top notch legal advice there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭Hibernicis

FFVII wrote: »
    Tax evading is perfectly legal.

This is wrong. A very good example of why you should treat absolute online certainty with a healthy dose of scepticism........

From revenue.ie Tax Evasion is illegal

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

I was always brought up to believe that Tax Evasion is illegal, Tax Avoidance is not. Avoidance usually involves very expensive lawyers/advisors. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,083 ✭✭✭Rulmeq

I was always brought up to believe that Tax Evasion is illegal, Tax Avoidance is not. Avoidance usually involves very expensive lawyers/advisors. :rolleyes:

Avoidance doesn't even require that, avoidance can be as simple as maxing out your contributions to your own pension. I'd even argue that something as simple as claiming all your credits (medical expenses etc.,) is a simple form of avoidance (although in that case, it's probably more like not paying what you didn't have to)

• Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭bacon?

Payoneer, Skrill, Leopay, Transferwise.

Advertisement